Pre-Trip We are going back!

First order of business - I am not making light of Covid-19. My entire family has had it and has recovered. Myself, Val, Sterg and Toni caught it from a family member that was in NYC way back in March. Val had it the worse - fever and in bed for a week. I was asymptomatic, Sterg felt "a little" under the weather and Toni lost the sense of taste for a few days. Alexandra, my oldest, caught it in Las Vegas during one of her stints as a traveling nurse. She was also asymptomatic but had to self-quarantine.

So Covid-19 has had an impact on my family. Additionally, my 92 year old Aunt tested positive in March but fully recovered. Sadly we could not see her. The best we could do was knock on the window of her room and wave as we stood between the bushes. She unfortunately passed away a couple weeks ago from congestive heart disease ( the Doctors gave her 3 months to live - almost 18 months ago!).

Second order of business - (most of) the Fractal family is going back to Disney World! I made reservation under convention rates late last year. Little did I know what was to transpire. After the Covid-19 outbreak, the convention was cancelled. However -
Disney still honored the reservation and under the convention rates which were a fraction of off the shelf rates. We have reservations at the new Destino Towers at Coranado Springs Resort from July 21st through the 26th!

The room however only sleeps 4 which is a problem when you have a family of 5. After our last trip, my wife Val proclaimed that she was never going back to Disney. I made these reservation under that directive but currently it's causing some "angst".
Needless to say, I'm committed to going back and my children are thrilled beyond belief. I want to see the new Star Wars land - even if I have to don a mask - and want to ride Mickey's runaway train at DHS, not to mention Toy Story Land!

Alex has taken off - her new assignment is in Columbia South Carolina, and Sterg and Toni are game.

Here they are from last Christmas with their "HI" hats. Hi is a weird thing in our family. If I say I'm going to get a fountain drink from Wawa the response could go something like this; "Hi fountain drink". If I say I'm going for a run after work I may expect this response; "Hi running after work." Almost anything is game for a "HI" comment.

20191225-DSC04850-X3.jpg

More to come!

Last edited:

Dory71

Glad I stumbled upon your post. My sympathies on the passing of your aunt. Can't wait for your trip report! We had a trip in May cancelled and we rescheduled for September. Our kidults are not too happy since now they won't be able to attend. Enjoy your time with yours!

Sarabell

I'm so sorry about your aunt.
Also, I think having gone through the virus already kind of lifts a bit of weight from your shoulders in terms of worrying about getting it. I'm so glad that you're all OK and fully recovered from it.

Your trip to Disney is great news! I were there at the end of January, and when I came back life got in the way of me writing a TR or even looking through our photos. Then my husband went to Europe for work and this whole pandemic happened and he almost didn't make it back home. It was such a stressful time, and then when he came back he was left without a job (he works in the music industry as a live show producer, and there will be no live shows for the foreseeable future), so that's how life keeps getting in the way, and now the memories are not so clear anymore for me to write about them.

I'll be looking forward to a TR from you. Your family is always so fun and your pictures are amazing. Enjoy your trip!

coachwnh

Great to see you are going back. We will be traveling from PA as well a day earlier then you. Our first time back in 6 years. We got switched to the Riviera resort, but had planned on staying at Coronado like you. Maybe our paths will cross in the world! Looking forward to your pictures!

fractal

Original Poster
Update.

I can't make a reservation for a Park because I can't purchase tickets yet. I need to go through the Group Bookings to buy tickets and that hasn't been turned on. The silver lining is that I still get the Group rates on the tickets.
I was told however that it is possible for the tickets not to go on sale until after my reservation dates. I could still stay at the Contemporary but won't be able to get into the Parks. Not thrilled about that. Fluid situation.

cgersic

Update.

I can't make a reservation for a Park because I can't purchase tickets yet. I need to go through the Group Bookings to buy tickets and that hasn't been turned on. The silver lining is that I still get the Group rates on the tickets.
I was told however that it is possible for the tickets not to go on sale until after my reservation dates. I could still stay at the Contemporary but won't be able to get into the Parks. Not thrilled about that. Fluid situation.
@fractal For what it's worth, I am needing extra tickets and have a resort stay starting 7/15-7/19/20. I was told yesterday we can purchase tickets on Sunday morning starting at 7 am. I would check earlier since the AP reservations opened up an hour earlier than advertised. I've never had Group tickets, but I'm assuming this would hold for you as well since you have the resort? Hope this helps!

fractal

Original Poster
That is a GREAT upgrade! Contemporary is one of my favorite resorts. I am booked there for my upcoming trip in October but may change to a moderate or value because of the cancellation of MNSSHP! I am paying rack rate and that is a lot of $$$.

You should not be charged any extra $$$ since they moved you.

Yes - pretty awesome upgrade. I confirmed that my rate stays the same! :D
Glad I stumbled upon your post. My sympathies on the passing of your aunt. Can't wait for your trip report! We had a trip in May cancelled and we rescheduled for September. Our kidults are not too happy since now they won't be able to attend. Enjoy your time with yours!

Thank You! Sorry you about your trip.
I'm so sorry about your aunt.
Also, I think having gone through the virus already kind of lifts a bit of weight from your shoulders in terms of worrying about getting it. I'm so glad that you're all OK and fully recovered from it.

Your trip to Disney is great news! I were there at the end of January, and when I came back life got in the way of me writing a TR or even looking through our photos. Then my husband went to Europe for work and this whole pandemic happened and he almost didn't make it back home. It was such a stressful time, and then when he came back he was left without a job (he works in the music industry as a live show producer, and there will be no live shows for the foreseeable future), so that's how life keeps getting in the way, and now the memories are not so clear anymore for me to write about them.

I'll be looking forward to a TR from you. Your family is always so fun and your pictures are amazing. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you. I'm sorry about what happened with your husband. This virus has changed things for so many people.

Hopefully I'll be able to get there and take some photos!

Great to see you are going back. We will be traveling from PA as well a day earlier then you. Our first time back in 6 years. We got switched to the Riviera resort, but had planned on staying at Coronado like you. Maybe our paths will cross in the world! Looking forward to your pictures!

Thanks coach! Good to see you're going back! It's amazingly been 3 years since we've gone. Would love to meet up with your group if it works out!
@fractal For what it's worth, I am needing extra tickets and have a resort stay starting 7/15-7/19/20. I was told yesterday we can purchase tickets on Sunday morning starting at 7 am. I would check earlier since the AP reservations opened up an hour earlier than advertised. I've never had Group tickets, but I'm assuming this would hold for you as well since you have the resort? Hope this helps!

Thank you for the info! I'll be up bright and early Sunday!

Laurenciaa

First order of business - I am not making light of Covid-19. My entire family has had it and has recovered. Myself, Val, Sterg and Toni caught it from a family member that was in NYC way back in March. Val had it the worse - fever and in bed for a week. I was asymptomatic, Sterg felt "a little" under the weather and Toni lost the sense of taste for a few days. Alexandra, my oldest, caught it in Las Vegas during one of her stints as a traveling nurse. She was also asymptomatic but had to self-quarantine.

So Covid-19 has had an impact on my family. Additionally, my 92 year old Aunt tested positive in March but fully recovered. Sadly we could not see her. The best we could do was knock on the window of her room and wave as we stood between the bushes. She unfortunately passed away a couple weeks ago from congestive heart disease ( the Doctors gave her 3 months to live - almost 18 months ago!).

Second order of business - (most of) the Fractal family is going back to Disney World! I made reservation under convention rates late last year. Little did I know what was to transpire. After the Covid-19 outbreak, the convention was cancelled. However -
Disney still honored the reservation and under the convention rates which were a fraction of off the shelf rates. We have reservations at the new Destino Towers at Coranado Springs Resort from July 21st through the 26th!

The room however only sleeps 4 which is a problem when you have a family of 5. After our last trip, my wife Val proclaimed that she was never going back to Disney. I made these reservation under that directive but currently it's causing some "angst".
Needless to say, I'm committed to going back and my children are thrilled beyond belief. I want to see the new Star Wars land - even if I have to don a mask - and want to ride Mickey's runaway train at DHS, not to mention Toy Story Land!

Alex has taken off - her new assignment is in Columbia South Carolina, and Sterg and Toni are game.

Here they are from last Christmas with their "HI" hats. Hi is a weird thing in our family. If I say I'm going to get a fountain drink from Wawa the response could go something like this; "Hi fountain drink". If I say I'm going for a run after work I may expect this response; "Hi running after work." Almost anything is game for a "HI" comment.

20191225-DSC04850-X3.jpg

More to come!
OHHHH YESSSS THE FRACTAL FAMILY IS BACK IN (WDW) BUSINESS!! take good care of all of you during that time because you know from experience how ugly this virus can get! Curious how you will like/dislike the changes in WDW an how you (and Sterg) will magically fix this on beautiful pictures!!

Last edited:

cgersic

Thank you for the info! I'll be up bright and early Sunday!
I'm hoping you got through much faster than I did to find out that no, we can't purchase new tickets yet. :( My first call was at 7 am and on hold for 3 hours. Got a newbie that has been outsourced from another country who promptly told me I needed to dial a different number. After another 2 hours and 45 minutes, got a CM that I have spoken to before who's advice was to keep an eye on the blogs as that's where we'll find the information as soon as it is announced they are selling new tickets.

fractal

Original Poster
I'm hoping you got through much faster than I did to find out that no, we can't purchase new tickets yet. :( My first call was at 7 am and on hold for 3 hours. Got a newbie that has been outsourced from another country who promptly told me I needed to dial a different number. After another 2 hours and 45 minutes, got a CM that I have spoken to before who's advice was to keep an eye on the blogs as that's where we'll find the information as soon as it is announced they are selling new tickets.

Long wait as well but not that long! Still no tickets. :confused::(😤

macefamily

We're with you. We're from PA and we're leaving July 10th. It's going to be a bittersweet trip because we're leaving my daughter in Jacksonville when we drive home. She starts her first job in August. Going to break my heart, but we're spending three days at OKW and we have our parks scheduled for each day.

fractal

Original Poster
Glad to see someone as excited as us to be back!

Hopefully we make it there!

OHHHH YESSSS THE FRACTAL FAMILY IS BACK IN (WDW) BUSINESS!! take good care of all of you during that time because you know from experience how ugly this virus can get! Curious how you will like/dislike the changes in WDW an how you (and Sterg) will magically fix this on beautiful pictures!!

Thanks @Laurenciaa ! We'll try our best! :D
Is the hotdog machine going?!

Not a bad idea!

Very frustrating. At least tell me when I can buy tickets! Is that too much to ask when your trip is 3 weeks away? I actually started pricing out Universal if this falls through.

We're with you. We're from PA and we're leaving July 10th. It's going to be a bittersweet trip because we're leaving my daughter in Jacksonville when we drive home. She starts her first job in August. Going to break my heart, but we're spending three days at OKW and we have our parks scheduled for each day.

Great!

I'm in for another fractal trip report!!!

So sorry to hear about your aunt's passing, but how great she beat the doctors' prognosis for so long!

thanks! Yeah, she was a tough lady.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom