Pal Mickey

stitchsMom

Original Poster
We bought a Pal Mickey in 2005 - just loved him. I saw an old thread on this subject, but I was wondering if my '05 Pal Mickey will work on our upcoming trip this July? Does anyone know if he will work on a "return trip"

DisneyPhD

As far as I know, he should still work. However, He won't do anything new. For example any rides that have changed since you bought him, he won't know about (or will tell you about the old ride).

stitchsMom

Original Poster
What is a pal Mickey?
Pal Mickey is a "smart" stuffed Mickey. He has some sort of programming that communicates with different sensors in each of the parks so that the stuffed Mickey can tell you things about rides, play trivia games etc. If you search "Pal Mickey" at the official disneyworld site you will find the details. It was an investment for our trip in 2005, and one that I thought was well worth it at the time. I am really disappointed to learn that there is not way to upgrade my pal Mickey however....

Minnietoo

My kids just got back from WDW with their aunts and they bought my son one and I am so in love with him! Not only is he adorable but he is so funny! i had him wake my son up this morning singing Zipidee do da!

I have actually found my self retelling his jokes to other grown adults! Yeah I know I need a life.

I will say my SIL said that he will update though. Since we are going with the kids in November she said we have to walk down main street holding him so his nose can pick up the updates or something like that. Ok so maybe she just wants a visual of me walking down main street with me cuddling Pal Mickey!

I highly recommend him! My son carried him around for the whole week they were there!

Tink313

pal mickeys are upgradeable. We have two from the first year they came out(03 or 04). When you get back on your first day you will need you go to the store in the park that sells them like in epcots photo store near space ship earth and give your mickey to cast member and tell him to update him. The cast member will then hook him up to a computer update him with all the new stuff in all four parks, info and jokes. Ours is like new every year we go.:sohappy::D:animwink:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Tink313 said:
pal mickeys are upgradeable. We have two from the first year they came out(03 or 04). When you get back on your first day you will need you go to the store in the park that sells them like in epcots photo store near space ship earth and give your mickey to cast member and tell him to update him. The cast member will then hook him up to a computer update him with all the new stuff in all four parks, info and jokes. Ours is like new every year we go.
No, they can be rebooted, but not loaded with new information.

That is totally wrong.

I hope this was meant as an April Fool's joke. :lookaroun

travelgip

Upgradable Pal Mickey

I have (2) Pal Mickey's (one for me, my Dad has one and loves him). Does he just pick up the new info when you hit the parks or do you have to bring him "in" to be upgraded?

hansel1

As another poster stated, these are not upgradable. They can be reset but will not contain new information. For example, if a ride changes names the old pal mickey's will still refer to the old name.

Older pal mickey's still have useful information about upcoming parades and low wait times at popular rides, but they may be missed named.

The 2007 (sorceror) pal mickey has a better speaker and alot more information. I don't believe they have the 2008 version out yet. If it is, i haven't seen it.

Tink313

O.K. excuse the term. "upgrade" its reboot. All I know is when I went last year my mickey spoke about Everest and Everest wasn't open in 03,04 or,05.:shrug: And I do remember when I bought them the first time and one again in 2005 (daughter lost hers the year before) the cast members did say they will "reboot" with the parks new info and rides. Or is that something they say to guest so they can sell more. AND NO I WASNT A APIRL FOOLS JOKE :eek::fork: just trying to help someone with the information I know from the experience I had with my family. Isnt that what we are here for. :)

Tink95

I give up.
first if all, heh u got served:p Second, i was the one that lost the pal mickey! lol, and third, the pal mickey's can be upgraded, next time your in WDW, speak to staff instead of "hoggin up" the rides:D i seen a pal mickey get upgraded they do something to his nose i dont remember( u may be asking how i know this...its because i just do!! and i got 3 of them AND!!, they all say new stuff bout everest and i got them in 2005, was everest open then...? I DONT THINK SO!!:eek: oh yea!! lol:ROFLOL:):brick:(im hyper rite now dont kill meh!!:xmas::sohappy:)
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

unkadug

first if all, heh u got served:p Second, i was the one that lost the pal mickey! lol, and third, the pal mickey's can be upgraded, next time your in WDW, speak to staff instead of "hoggin up" the rides:D i seen a pal mickey get upgraded they do something to his nose i dont remember( u may be asking how i know this...its because i just do!! and i got 3 of them AND!!, they all say new stuff bout everest and i got them in 2005, was everest open then...? I DONT THINK SO!!:eek: oh yea!!
:hammer::hammer::hammer:
  • Pardon me?
  • I got served what? :shrug:
  • What is a ""hoggin up&quot" ?
  • Expedition:Everest was actually open for previews in 2005.
  • I'm not going argue with a 9 year old! :wave:

Tink95

• Pardon me?
  • I got served what? :shrug:
  • What is a ""hoggin up&quot" ?
  • Expedition:Everest was actually open for previews in 2005.
  • I'm not going argue with a 9 year old! :wave:
sorry if i got the year wrong, and my computer messes up my post, you got served by Tink313, and you dont have to worry about having to "argue" with a nine year old, cause im far from it!:D btw you really need to learn slang :ROFLOL::hammer:

unkadug

sorry if i got the year wrong, and my computer messes up my post, you got served by Tink313, and you dont have to worry about having to "argue" with a nine year old, cause im far from it!:D btw you really need to learn slang :ROFLOL::hammer:
84.gif

DizneyPryncess

I am also confused. I would like to buy one next time too but I probably won't if they're not able to be upgraded. $65 for one trip isn't worth it for me.

unkadug

I'm confused! Can Pal Mickey be upgraded or not!?! I was actually thinking about buying one on our next trip...

I am also confused. I would like to buy one next time too but I probably won't if they're not able to be upgraded. $65 for one trip isn't worth it for me.

There seems to be some confusion as to the meaning of updated. There IS an update procedure, but it really doesn't update the Pal Mickey!

Pal Mickey is installed with sensor detecting software. It picks up infrared sensors from around the parks.

It is programmed to say something at each sensor if the sensor is activated. Mickey cannot "learn" new phrases. For example, let's say sensor 47 at DHS is the one for Toy Story Mania.

Older versions of Mickey will say an already known phrase at sensor 47 once updated, but won't know to say something specific to TSM as it's software knows nothing of this attraction. Older versions of Mickey will just be taught to read the new sensor and say a default phrase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom