Pal mickey ??

poteat_3177

Original Poster
I've read a little bit about Pal mickey on the disney world website and was wondering what others thought about it. My son is 11 years old is probably a little to old for this but I think i might like it for myself!! :king:

it seems like a great souvneir and a nice little helper around the parks

and do you know how much it costs and where you can buy one?

kymie

We all loved pal mickey, even my 12yr old son. I think its around $60 (?) and you can get him in the resort shops, in the parks, in most places I think. We got ours from the shop on the left at the entrance to MK.

Fluxuated

Pal Mickey is the biggest waste of money I ever spent at WDW. Sure it's a great idea in theory, but it doesn't work worth a dang. Its your call, but we ended up spending 60 bucks for a plush toy, rather than the toy it's hyped up to be.

kymie

If you are after something that tells you when the lines are short etc, then give it a miss, as it didnt really seem to do this for us, but if you are after a fun toy then go for it!

C.M.O

I have heard that they come to around 70 after tax. I got mine off of ebay a few weeks ago for $38. I haven't used him in the park yet but at home he was singing songs and giving quizes. I think my 4 year old will have fun with him while waiting in line for rides.

darthjohnny

I've read a little bit about Pal mickey on the disney world website and was wondering what others thought about it. My son is 11 years old is probably a little to old for this but I think i might like it for myself!! :king:

it seems like a great souvneir and a nice little helper around the parks

and do you know how much it costs and where you can buy one?

Pal Mickey is great, even for more veteran park visitors. He's really fun, and gives you interesting facts and plays games.

He's sold all over, usually the main shops in each park, as well as the Disney hotels if you happen to stop by. I believe the park maps at one point told you where he was sold, can't remember if they still do. With the current version, you're going to end up spending a little over $70.

Pal Mickey is the biggest waste of money I ever spent at WDW. Sure it's a great idea in theory, but it doesn't work worth a dang. Its your call, but we ended up spending 60 bucks for a plush toy, rather than the toy it's hyped up to be.

Really? Mine works great and hardly ever misses a cue, and I have the original version. I'm sure the updated models don't miss either.

If you are after something that tells you when the lines are short etc, then give it a miss, as it didnt really seem to do this for us, but if you are after a fun toy then go for it!

Pal Mickey does tell you "Hey, I hear there is a short line on so and so."

But if you go during a busy day you won't hear it. He'll come out with it every once and a while if a particular ride is under a 20 minute wait. I've even heard hims say it in the morning about Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

Also, Pal Mickey will let you know when the parade and fireworks are about to start.

Hope that helps. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom