Painting with Disney Colors

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
Good morning... I'm painting my foyer today with "Skipping Stones" and "Christopher Robins Swing" ... I am curious how many of you have used a Disney color just because it's Disney?? :)

tigsmom

We haven't done it yet, but my little one is going thru the shades of Disney pink to find just the right one. :lol:

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
My foyer turned out pretty good! The colors are light, and brighten up the room... I'm thinking I may call upon some old h.s. art skills and hand paint some ivy over the doors in a darker green... I should have my head examined! :hammer:

tigsmom

Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin
My foyer turned out pretty good! The colors are light, and brighten up the room... I'm thinking I may call upon some old h.s. art skills and hand paint some ivy over the doors in a darker green... I should have my head examined! :hammer:

Take the easy way out & use a stencil. Better yet, get some of those rub on transfers. If its up high enough you won't have to seal it.

tigsmom

Do you have a Michael's near you. The carry a few different brands of stencils & also have the rub ons. Very easy. :D

SnowWhite5669

I did my downstairs bathroom a few weeks ago with Code Red and Bright White with the Mickey stencil at the top of the room. It came out so cute! I'll have my son take a picture to post. I got the pegs from the Disney catalog. One is Mickey's ears, hand and feet. I love it!! Although, the red took about five coats for it to look good. I just love the paint swatches that are shaped just like Mickey!! I actually have a few on my desk!:)

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
oh.. yes, I do have a Michael's.. and I was trying to think of another place to look.. thanks!!

SnowWhite your bathroom sounds cute! I love the paint swatches that are shaped like Mickey too... I use them as bookmarks and such! :)

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
Do you have a Michael's near you. The carry a few different brands of stencils & also have the rub ons. Very easy. :D

I found the perfect one at Michael's... now for my first attempt at stenciling :eek:

tigsmom

Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin
I found the perfect one at Michael's... now for my first attempt at stenciling :eek:

Go slow, use very little paint each time & dab the brush, never sweep across. Remember you can add more paint, but its almost impossible to remove some. My sister did a border around her kitchen & hated it. She repainted the walls & got a paper border. :eek:

barnum42

I’ve not seen these paints in the UK. Though I am considering using some of the colour schemes from Animal Kingdom – the fusion of bright and natural colours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom