Painting with Disney Colors

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
Good morning... I'm painting my foyer today with "Skipping Stones" and "Christopher Robins Swing" ... I am curious how many of you have used a Disney color just because it's Disney?? :)

tigsmom

Advertisement
We haven't done it yet, but my little one is going thru the shades of Disney pink to find just the right one. :lol:

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
My foyer turned out pretty good! The colors are light, and brighten up the room... I'm thinking I may call upon some old h.s. art skills and hand paint some ivy over the doors in a darker green... I should have my head examined! :hammer:

tigsmom

Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin
My foyer turned out pretty good! The colors are light, and brighten up the room... I'm thinking I may call upon some old h.s. art skills and hand paint some ivy over the doors in a darker green... I should have my head examined! :hammer:
Take the easy way out & use a stencil. Better yet, get some of those rub on transfers. If its up high enough you won't have to seal it.

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
I've thought of the stencils... but so far I can't find any I like... I did find some pretty dolphins for my kitchen though! :D

tigsmom

Do you have a Michael's near you. The carry a few different brands of stencils & also have the rub ons. Very easy. :D

SnowWhite5669

I did my downstairs bathroom a few weeks ago with Code Red and Bright White with the Mickey stencil at the top of the room. It came out so cute! I'll have my son take a picture to post. I got the pegs from the Disney catalog. One is Mickey's ears, hand and feet. I love it!! Although, the red took about five coats for it to look good. I just love the paint swatches that are shaped just like Mickey!! I actually have a few on my desk!:)

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
oh.. yes, I do have a Michael's.. and I was trying to think of another place to look.. thanks!!

SnowWhite your bathroom sounds cute! I love the paint swatches that are shaped like Mickey too... I use them as bookmarks and such! :)

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
Do you have a Michael's near you. The carry a few different brands of stencils & also have the rub ons. Very easy. :D
I found the perfect one at Michael's... now for my first attempt at stenciling :eek:

tigsmom

Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin
I found the perfect one at Michael's... now for my first attempt at stenciling :eek:
Go slow, use very little paint each time & dab the brush, never sweep across. Remember you can add more paint, but its almost impossible to remove some. My sister did a border around her kitchen & hated it. She repainted the walls & got a paper border. :eek:

barnum42

I’ve not seen these paints in the UK. Though I am considering using some of the colour schemes from Animal Kingdom – the fusion of bright and natural colours.

Top Bottom