• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Paint Your Own Castle at California Grill

MotherofaPrincessLover

I just saw something on Facebook about being able to paint a little castle at California Grill but I can't find anything online anywhere. Is this an actual thing? It looks really cool if it is.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
E61487A2-E6ED-4329-80C5-F03E88078FB7.jpeg

Upvote 0

HappyFeet531

Hi! We just did this yesterday! SUPER fun! Here are a few details:

- We are staying offsite. We just called the number and made our reservation that way. The person working the cashier said this activity went gone viral about two weeks ago so it's become more popular. You will want to call to make sure you reserve a spot. Our class was full and she said they are selling out. We weren't asked to reserve a spot with a credit card and didn't pay until we arrived.

- If you've never been, the California Grill is a FABULOUS spot with amazing views!

- You have your choice of 30 different acrylic paint colors. (Might not be a bad idea to bring a smock if you are bringing little ones.) All the CMs who were there were very accommodating and sweet. They will refill your paint colors anytime you ask. If you are finished by 2 pm, they will spray gloss it before you leave. If you paint until the end at 2:30p (which we did), they spray them overnight and you pick them up at Bay Towers the next day. You don't need to have them sprayed but IMHO, they looked much better sprayed. (Now that I think about it, we should have just brought them home and sprayed them there to save ourselves the trip.)

- After the class, we were able to go outside and have our photo taken with our castles with Cinderella's castle in the background. My Disney lovin' heart just LOVED that!

- It's not just for kids! Our session had both adult groups and families with smaller kids. It was maybe 10-15 tables so when we went, it was a very peaceful intimate activity.

So, if you get a chance, I would highly recommend this activity! We had a FABULOUS time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom