PAINT THE NIGHT - Photos/Video, Reviews & Thoughts

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Disneyland's new Paint the Night Electrical Parade has its first performance tonight for cast members before its media premiere on May 21. Public performances begin May 22 during the 24 hour kick-off event. Post any pictures, videos, reviews, etc. here!

d7e07e7d44e1f0dfc8c60ad3a00263a0.jpg

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
I've been told cast members have been forbidden to take pictures or video during tonight's cast preview performance, so keep that in mind that if you find photos/videos tonight and repost them. :)

TP2000

Thank you very much @GiveMeTheMusic for kicking this thread off!

I think Paint The Night will be the top thing most folks are talking about once the 60th kicks off on Friday. It's going to be the 60th element most AP's are going to want to see first, and I bet it will be a total frenzy for the first 8:50 performance on Friday night.

That said, this is also the 60th offering that will be with us the longest. The MSEP has been in the parks for over 40 years now, and I don't know that Paint The Night will last that long. But using Spectromagic as a more reasonable point of reference, that parade lasted 19 years. Paint The Night will be with us for at least a couple decades, with occasional changes or plusses along the way. But it's still the thing most of us will be most excited to see this summer during the Diamond Celebration. I can't wait!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So characters in the Parade are -

Tink
Peter Pan
Mike (part of float)
Sulley
Belle
Rapunzel
Cinderella
Elsa
Anna
Mater
McQueen
Mac(float)
DJ (part of float)
Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Goofy
Woody
Buzz
Slinky Dog (float)
Ariel
Triton (float)
Sabastion (part of float)

Do we know if they are adding more walking characters who won't be on the floats?

wdrive

So characters in the Parade are -

Tink
Peter Pan
Mike (part of float)
Sulley
Belle
Rapunzel
Cinderella
Elsa
Anna
Mater
McQueen
Mac(float)
DJ (part of float)
Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Goofy
Woody
Buzz
Slinky Dog (float)
Ariel
Triton (float)
Sabastion (part of float)

Do we know if they are adding more walking characters who won't be on the floats?

I think I can see Nemo and Marlin following the Little Mermaid float.

nemofinder22

^ theres also he tigger, lumiere, and genie puppets that follow the drum float

Here's a new video preview of the parade:

Wow! how wonderful it is to see a night time parade on DL's Main Street again. I LOVED MSEP as a kid and when I got to see it again at DCA and then again at MK. I'll admit when those rumors started a while back that MSEP would return to DL I was pretty excited. I can't wait to see Paint the Night though, and those WOC pre-show puppets I kinda wish there were more of I've always liked the look of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom