Paint The Night or Electrical Parade

JT3000

Paint The Night blows any parade WDW has ever had out of the water. As much as I enjoyed seeing it on the opposite side of the country, the comparison is quite sad really. Do we need an exact copy? No, and I'm sure there are aspects of it they could improve, but I would gladly take anything remotely resembling it over our tired fossils any day.

PorterRedkey

I been watching MSEP since the 70's so I think its time has come. Having seen PTN in DL this summer, I think most people would be really happy to have it on Orlando. PTN is much brighter and the music is great!

KaliSplash

Main Street Electrical Parade FOREVER!! and EVER and EVER!. (wouldn't mind bringing back a couple of the older floats to make the parade last longer. Spectro's music, as I might have mentioned a few times over the past years, is a plodding WALTZ.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I wouldn't mind something like paint the night as long as it had softer music like Spectromagic or the same music and more classics added. I have a feeling do to the new technology and paint the night they decided it wasn't worth putting money into Spectromagic and waited to either build an entire new set of Spectromagic units or a new parade all together with the technology that is out now. Now that Paint the Night is built and they are learning from its flaws whatever comes to the magic kingdom someday is going to destroy any parade ever made.

KrazyKat

I really like MSEP but I do hope for a Spectromagic 2.0 for possibly the MK 50th. Paint the Night would be great at DHS after some things open like TSPL. Maybe add Star Wars to it.

spectrodanny

If I ever saw Dreamlights at Tokyo Disneyland during the Christmas season or during it's regular format. I think my draw would drop, I remember feeling very overwhelmed when I first discovered this parade on the official Tokyo Disneyland website back in 2007 or 2008.
I wish they would make the showstop they do for the JCB/Disney Card part part of the parade the regular guests get to see during the holiday

thomas998

Why do people still like MSEP? I know I loved it as a kid, but it was largely driven by the use of analog synthesizers that were new to me and seem state of the art... But the music has gotten very dated.... synthesizers have come a long way since the era of "Switched on Bach" yet this music now seems like a time warp back to the early 70's. Do people that love MSEP love it because of the lights or the the music.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Why do people still like MSEP? I know I loved it as a kid, but it was largely driven by the use of analog synthesizers that were new to me and seem state of the art... But the music has gotten very dated.... synthesizers have come a long way since the era of "Switched on Bach" yet this music now seems like a time warp back to the early 70's. Do people that love MSEP love it because of the lights or the the music.
I like it for both the lights and music, but in addition, it's one of the last beacons of classic Disney around.

the-reason14

I'm sure I replied to this thread awhile ago, but it's a new year and a new day and since PTN is currently not playing in DL, I wouldn't mind seeing it in WDW. Whether it's in MK or mgm, not sure. I think I would like to see it at MK just because it was in DL's "castle park" but what I'd really want to see is a brand new nighttime parade that looks, sounds and feels "current" like PTN but instead pays tribute to spectromagic.

Not sure when's the last time I replied or even checked this thread, but since then I had the amazingly fortunate opportunity to go to Tokyo Disneyland. And while, overall, I still enjoy PTN the most out of any night time parade I've seen, I completely understand why people say that Dreamlights is the best. It's a nice length, extremely colorful, more than any other Disney parade, music is similar to MSEP but feels more current toward the end, and definitely sets a standard for what a nighttime parade should be. Timeless and current.

KentB3

I'm sure I replied to this thread awhile ago, but it's a new year and a new day and since PTN is currently not playing in DL, I wouldn't mind seeing it in WDW. Whether it's in MK or mgm, not sure. I think I would like to see it at MK just because it was in DL's "castle park" but what I'd really want to see is a brand new nighttime parade that looks, sounds and feels "current" like PTN but instead pays tribute to spectromagic.

Not sure when's the last time I replied or even checked this thread, but since then I had the amazingly fortunate opportunity to go to Tokyo Disneyland. And while, overall, I still enjoy PTN the most out of any night time parade I've seen, I completely understand why people say that Dreamlights is the best. It's a nice length, extremely colorful, more than any other Disney parade, music is similar to MSEP but feels more current toward the end, and definitely sets a standard for what a nighttime parade should be. Timeless and current.

What I would love to see is Dreamlights with Paint the Night's technology! Can you imagine? ;)

As for MSEP vs. PTN, it's like comparing apples and oranges. PTN is more up-to-date technically and amazing to look at, but the parade seems choppy compared to MSEP, Spectromagic, and Dreamlights, and also seems a bit too Pixar-heavy. Spectromagic was the very first parade, and I was absolutely blown away! I couldn't have been more disappointed by the treatment of the parade floats after its run ended in 2010! :( :cry:

TTA94

Well, if they moved the finale units of PTN to the opening it Could be a little bit like a new version of Spectro lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom