Paint The Night or Electrical Parade

the-reason14

Paint the night is current and refreshing. MSEP is old and stale. So they both fit the parks that they are currently in. I hope that MK gets a new parade that is like paint the night but is like an updated version of WDW's parade, spectromagic. Paint the night pays tribute to Disneylands parade MSEP. Give us something current and refreshing Disney World. I might even pay to go back if they do lol.

Travel Junkie

Electrical Parade should have been retired more than a decade ago. It's old and tired imo. Paint the Night is a modern parade.

That being said I'm going off the board and saying something new but similar to Tokyo's Dreamlights. That is by far the best nighttime parade there is. Absolutely spectacular in person.

JAtheFourth

Just saw Paint the Night in DL.... and it was pretty fun... the biggest problem is that there are different soundtracks that play when the floats come by, and it got REALLLY disconcerting because I was in the area right by the train station, so they were all clashing auraully. I don't ever remember having that issue with Main Street.... If they could rework the soundtrack so it's not Owl City's song from Wreck it Ralph, I think I'd vote Paint... otherwise give me Main Street.

brb1006

Paint the Night has too much Pixar and the soundtrack is forgettable. If Magic Kingdom gets a new nighttime parade I hope it will be something along the lines of Dreamlights
I agree, I think Pixar had the most representation in Paint The Night (Especially the Cars section). However I really loved how Pixar actually fits along with Dreamlights since only the Toy Story unit is present and formerly A Bug's Life. While the rest is centered on classic,popular, and past Disney films and would sometimes add a new unit every few years. Dreamlights is also my favorite version of the It's A Small World finale with a cavalcade of Disney characters. Dreamlights is currently would I consider a "Tough Act To Follow" by Disney nighttime parade standards. While I enjoyed Paint The Night, I still find Dreamlights and Spectromagic to be one of the best nighttime Disney parades. Which makes me curious on what the next nighttime parade would be for WDW's 50th Anniversary in a couple years from now. Spectromagic even debuted as part of WDW's 20th in 1991. Which makes me hope the next nighttime parade for it's 50th can be extra special and avoid the approach Paint The Night did.

Last edited:

brb1006

Electrical Parade should have been retired more than a decade ago. It's old and tired imo. Paint the Night is a modern parade.

That being said I'm going off the board and saying something new but similar to Tokyo's Dreamlights. That is by far the best nighttime parade there is. Absolutely spectacular in person.
If I ever saw Dreamlights at Tokyo Disneyland during the Christmas season or during it's regular format. I think my draw would drop, I remember feeling very overwhelmed when I first discovered this parade on the official Tokyo Disneyland website back in 2007 or 2008.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I would like to see them upgrade the Main Street Electrical Parade and add a Small World ending like Tokyo Disneyland just to give that small orchestrated Spectromagic fix many people want or simply remake Spectromagic. I do on the other hand think Paint the Night would be a great show to add to Hollywood Studios. It think it would be a great addition and a well much needed show for the nighttime lineup.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I would absolutely love to see Paint the Night (or any new parade honestly). I think MSEP looks super dated and while I understand that for some it holds a huge nostalgia factor, it doesn't personally hold that value for me. I saw MSEP before it finished it's second run in MK back in 2001, but for most of my childhood I grew up with Spectromagic (which I miss dearly) so I don't have any real emotional attachment to the electrical parade.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have really liked all the night parades and I think Paint the Night is the best of the bunch. So many improvements and things Disney had to learn to make this parade what it is. But I do not want it to come to Disney World. I would like WDW to get its own new night parade.

the-reason14

It seems like a trend for Disney World to get Disneyland's leftovers. It makes sense in a way since they can show the parade to a new audience. I enjoy PTN, it's my new favorite parade, however it just won't be the same for me if it did go to WDW. It just fits Disneyland better, and it's part of a trip and a year that I will never forget, and it was a nice "welcome back" to Disneyland.

brb1006

It seems like a trend for Disney World to get Disneyland's leftovers. It makes sense in a way since they can show the parade to a new audience. I enjoy PTN, it's my new favorite parade, however it just won't be the same for me if it did go to WDW. It just fits Disneyland better, and it's part of a trip and a year that I will never forget, and it was a nice "welcome back" to Disneyland.
Same goes for Spectromagic which fits perfectly at WDW. I wonder what the next nightime parade at WDW would be in the future?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom