Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
And in the 90s and noughties? Like the last 20-odd years?
People like to compare now with the beginning, and things were much different back then. Heck, when DL opened, it wasn't even open 7 days a week in Walt's day. Imagine the uproar now if they still did that.

And I did agree that I didn't like the fact that the night parade is gone.

I wonder how a "busy" day back then compares with a regular day at the parks now.
The crowds were never like they are now. Millions more visit the park now.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
They do, but a more apt comparison would be the last decade or two.

No night parade is unprecedented for a generation.
Well, you need to stop people from doing it - especially those that only went as kids and only remember the good stuff. Not everything was rosy back then, but certain people paint it that way. Were some things better? Yes. Were some things worse than today? Yes. Is it getting better now? I would say absolutely yes - it is much better now than 10-15 years ago.

drizgirl

People like to compare now with the beginning, and things were much different back then. Heck, when DL opened, it wasn't even open 7 days a week in Walt's day. Imagine the uproar now if they still did that.

And I did agree that I didn't like the fact that the night parade is gone.

The crowds were never like they are now. Millions more visit the park now.

That's sort of my point. There are millions more people there so there has to be more to occupy them.

drizgirl

Agreed. But my feeling on this is that with RoL opening soon, and the new fireworks shows at HS, they want to try spreading out the night time crowds for now.

I agree that's what they are doing. Well, except I believe it's more about spreading out their budget. They want to say "See we have something new" but don't want to devote new budget to it.

The problem of course is that the MK is where all the bodies are that need things to occupy them. I get that they are trying to move people to the other parks, but until those new lands open, I don't think it's going to happen. I'm not adding hoppers just to go do those other things.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I agree that's what they are doing. Well, except I believe it's more about spreading out their budget. They want to say "See we have something new" but don't want to devote new budget to it.

The problem of course is that the MK is where all the bodies are that need things to occupy them. I get that they are trying to move people to the other parks, but until those new lands open, I don't think it's going to happen. I'm not adding hoppers just to go do those other things.
We'll have to disagree on that one. Money does not drive everything. If true, not much would be refurbed or built nowadays, and they are going gangbusters on both right now.

drizgirl

We'll have to disagree on that one. Money does not drive everything. If true, not much would be refurbed or built nowadays, and they are going gangbusters on both right now.

I do still think it's about budget. And I think they are going gangbusters right now because they neglected to keep the pipeline full for too long and are making up for lost time.

But yes, we can agree to disagree. :)

CDavid

You've obviously never been stuck in wall to wall people at the end of Main Street for an hour... I have all because of that stupid parade.

So, do you also not like watching the Electrical Parade or Spectromagic? You realize what you call stupid is beloved by millions (hence the crowds...). .

Regardless, if you're at the end of Main Street, you have obvious ways around the congestion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom