Paid Fastpass coming to WDW SWGE?

nickys

Premium Member
Are there any rumors about paid fastpass coming for SWGE...of course, if & when fastpass is offered?

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
This sounds interesting....

nickys

Premium Member
Just rumors....

Paid events (SWGE after hours) is far far more likely.

Disney would take a huge PR hit for a mass introduction of paid FP...

Except that we already have insiders saying that paid FPs are certainly being actively considered, if not totally confirmed. Something like this seems less likely to be discarded than most rumours, such as a new dark ride for the U.K. pavilion, for example.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Oh lord don't get started on the "Insiders." They don't know everything. Disney is a public company obsessed with it's public image. Obviously they know they can monetize FP but the efforts to do so have been extremely calculated and careful to avoid a PR problem. We'll see if it happens, but I'd still bet against it. They can make tons of $$ with after hours events/before hours events and avoid this issue.

In full disclosure, you clearly have an axe to grind against a certain member of the forum who is one of the most accurate and knowledgable insiders around. So let's not hear your bravado about how you know better about things.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Taking away a benefit that has been free for 20 years and used by hundreds of millions of people... especially when they can recover the ancillary revenue other ways (through events) and solve the initial crowding and access problem through eliminating FP...
The free benefit wouldn't be taken away, just reduced in reach. Much like the gradual removal of EMH, although in some form it is still available.

Club Cooloholic

Why? They essentially have paid FP at Disneyland called MaxPass and Universal has their paid version. I am surprised WDW hasn't started it yet.
The reason Disneywolrd hasn't started Maxpass yet is that the two parks are set up to be different animals.
DL has no magic bands at all, they still have kiosks, is more of a few days visit park instead of a week or more visit park. People don't make as many dining reservations in the park. Maybe you don't understand that Maxpass is not really a front of the line thing a more of a you don't have to run to the kiosks thing...it saves time because you can reserve with your phones, you can't even pre reserve you have to be in the park to use it. We essentially already have maxpass at the parks in WDW
WDW, by the way likes having people prebooked for rides, that allows them to prebook for sit down meals etc etc...more money spent.

NormC

It would be quite easy to set up something similar to MaxPass at WDW. I have used MaxPass at DL so I fully understand how it worked.

NormC

Ok...so explain to me how it would be beneficial to a WDW visitor that already has a magic band.
The magic band has no bearing on the fast pass process. It is just a substitute for a paper pass and ticket like they use at DL.
Right now in WDW you can book three in advance and then add one at a time after they are used using the app or kiosk. You could use a MaxPass option to eliminate the one at a time option that is currently free. Maybe make it three more instead of just one. There are several ways to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom