Which restaurant should I choose?

• Paddlefish

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • The BOATHOUSE

Votes: 24 85.7%

• Total voters

Jrn14

Original Poster
I will be in Disney starting May 1st and I want to treat my parents to a belated anniversary dinner. Which of these two restaurants do you prefer? Ambiance is probably most important to me. Would love comfortable outdoor seating with a view. Of course I would like delicious food and value for the $$. Going to make the reservation soon and wanted to get some opinions. Any feedback/experiences you all could share would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JIMINYCR

Of the two my preference for a meal is the Boathouse. Paddlefish was IMHO much better long ago before the change over.
The Boathouse and Paddlefish both have great views but I like the Boathouse dockside seating better. Money wise I think Boathouse gives you a better meal for the money spent. They also have piano music playing occasionally. Boathouse can be a noisier dining venue.
But with all of that said... if ambiance for an anniversary dinner is what will sway you, Paddlefish has more elegance and would be more impressive. There are photos of the table seating for both online and menus with pricing that you can see to make a better informed decision.

Chi84

Premium Member
My opinion is that The Boathouse has better food at a better value, and it has a livelier atmosphere. We loved the outside seating. The wine list is good and wines are reasonably priced. Service is very friendly and efficient.

We found Paddlefish to be a bit more formal, and the servers were nowhere near as personable as the ones at The Boathouse. The food was good, but quite expensive for the portions, and we are pretty light eaters. If you’re planning to order appetizers, entrees and dessert portion size would not be an issue. The wine list is more extensive than Boathouse if that matters to you.

Whatever you decide, let the restaurant know in advance that this is a special occasion, and since ambiance is important, speak up immediately if the table they give you is not what you want. Restaurants differ on what they will do for celebrations because someone is always celebrating something at Disney, but I’ve seen too many reports of people unhappy over things that could have been corrected if addressed at the time.

westie

They are both good but Boathouse is the better of the 2. Paddlefish was very loud. Boathouse Bacon Burger pic-

thumbnail_IMG_0790.jpg

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
IMHO. Boathouse is good. Paddlefish is kinda good. The comparisons aren't fair. We can argue about a Paddlefish v Fulton's But Lilly blows them both away. For me at least - there's that stigma. Which is why when I think about an overpriced meal at DS I usually shy away from Paddlefish.

harryk

Have dined at both, either one is ok depending on your preferences. The "Empress Lilly" was a great loss, neither come close to what it was in the 70's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom