Packs of Bottled Water at Resorts

stevehousse

Do the resorts sell packs of bottled water? Like 12 or 24 packs and how much do they cost?

Trying to find the best solution (cheapest) for water for my babies formula while we r in the world. Yes, I already have prices for amazon prime, garden grocer, taking a taxi to the store. Just wondering what the price at the resorts are.

We are staying at Caribbean Beach, so even if I have to go to a DVC resort to buy, I don't mind!

Thanks for the help.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not to my knowledge, but I am pretty sure that all three of the HESS stations on property do and they are at normal, non-Disney prices.

Your easiest option would just be to forgo the bottled water and bring a small portable water filter.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

As a water filter is a great feature, I would not rely on that for babies water. Some still find a smell to the water and your baby might not like the taste of the formula. I don't remember what bottled water is at the resorts or if they even sell it. I always stop by one of the Hess stations and there about $4-5 a pack. Once we took a taxi from Pop just to the Hess station for water.
Edit: When flying last time I was allowed to bring bottles of water in my carry on when I said it was for my baby's formula. I brought enough until I could get to the store.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice! Hope to get a few more answers. The filtered water bottle is great for kids and adults, but not for babies. Good suggestions though! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Thanks for the advice! Hope to get a few more answers. The filtered water bottle is great for kids and adults, but not for babies. Good suggestions though! Thanks!

Why not bring a Brita filtered water pitcher and decant it into whatever you need, to mix the formula?

I wouldn't worry about any lingering tap water taste, either. More than 25% of commercially-available bottled water is just that: municipal tap water, and a carbon filter should remove any real "taste." As others said, you can buy water onsite at Disney, but you'll be paying a huge upcharge for it, although if you only need a gallon or so, that might be worth it.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
Ya if they have the gallons of water that would be ideal. And the $3 price isn't too outrageous either. I would buy 2-3 of those while there so not a huge deal, I just hope my resort has them. Again, idc if I have to hop to another resort to do so.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
Isn't there a gas station right outside the DTD parking lot? I could easily grab a gallon of water or 2 from there since we plan to go there our arrival night...

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Isn't there a gas station right outside the DTD parking lot? I could easily grab a gallon of water or 2 from there since we plan to go there our arrival night...
Yes there is. There is also one just outside of the Boardwalk as well. The one at the MK would be rather had to reach without a car.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Do the resorts sell packs of bottled water? Like 12 or 24 packs and how much do they cost?

Trying to find the best solution (cheapest) for water for my babies formula while we r in the world. Yes, I already have prices for amazon prime, garden grocer, taking a taxi to the store. Just wondering what the price at the resorts are.

We are staying at Caribbean Beach, so even if I have to go to a DVC resort to buy, I don't mind!

Thanks for the help.

The LAST thing you want to do is buy bottled water from WDW. It's one thing to buy a needed bottle when in a park because you can't carry a pack around. But 20oz bottles of Dasani are $2.50 EACH. By comparison, you can purchase a 24pack of 16oz bottles (e.g. Florida brand Zephyrhills) for $4.99 at most supermarkets.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
Again, no car so would have to taxi and the water if for baby formula. I know not to buy individual bottles. I actually was able to locate the phone number for the actual resort gift shop, and was told they do have both 24 packs of water and gallons of distilled water. Not too bad for prices either. Thanks for the help guys!

Upvote 0

EmmieSue

Again, no car so would have to taxi and the water if for baby formula. I know not to buy individual bottles. I actually was able to locate the phone number for the actual resort gift shop, and was told they do have both 24 packs of water and gallons of distilled water. Not too bad for prices either. Thanks for the help guys!

How much are they at the resort shops? We did prime since we had to get mountain dew for a couple people in our group, but I am curious how much it would be for when I don't go with those people. xD

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
The guy said he didn't know the price of the gallons of distilled water, but the 24 cases were 6.99. Which isn't too bad of a markup considering the same packs a at my grocery store run anywhere between $3-5 depending on the brand. I was expecting it to be a lot more lol

Upvote 0

EmmieSue

The guy said he didn't know the price of the gallons of distilled water, but the 24 cases were 6.99. Which isn't too bad of a markup considering the same packs a at my grocery store run anywhere between $3-5 depending on the brand. I was expecting it to be a lot more lol

Yeah that isn't bad at all. I only paid a dollar less for the water from prime, but then there was the shipping as well. (Worth it since it was a flat rate for everything and we needed the pop) Thanks for letting me know!

Upvote 0

ThatBrunette

A few years ago, POFQ had 6-packs of Dasani available in the gift shop. I don't remember the price but I remember thinking "not too bad for a Disney shop". I think Dasani is now purified with added minerals. Check with your pede if that is okay. 10 years ago, mine wouldn't let me used bottled, I had to boil all of my water.

Call your resort and see if they offer muli-packs or gallon jugs. The main line might not know the answer.

Upvote 0

seahawk7

Maybe the shops that have groceries for DVC members might have them? We always bring a case of water bottles in a suitcase and then use the empty suitcase for souvenirs.

Upvote 0

Raven66

We flew last year and I packed 24 bottles into our suitcases. I took gallon size ziplocks and put 3 bottles into each ziplock and distributed them among the suitcases. That way they weren't too heavy. It worked out really well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom