Packing for november trip

Thecorsi4

Can this amazing group enlighten me on weather in November? I am not sure how to pack for the kiddos, Jeans and long sleeve T's or shorts? The wife and I were debating it last night since we are only 18 days out.

JIMINYCR

We found it could be variable, changing between 60s - 80s. There were mornings when it was a bit chilly, warming up during the day and then chilly as the evening progressed. At times shorts were OK in the morning then go with jeans in the late afternoons. Other days we would start out with jeans, change to shorts, then change back to jeans. We packed sweatshirts or windbreakers for the cooler times in the evenings.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Can this amazing group enlighten me on weather in November? I am not sure how to pack for the kiddos, Jeans and long sleeve T's or shorts? The wife and I were debating it last night since we are only 18 days out.
So we went once and during the day shorts and tshirts were ok but it was really unpredictable. One day we went to Epcot in some in jeans and tshirts, some of us in long sleeves and we were all freezing by the time we got to the lake. Ended up buying expensive zip up jacket for my daughter and my wife and I bought those "drug drug" Mexican pull overs because they were a decent price at 20 something bucks.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

We leave in 6 days, and I'm struggling with this too! My DH says he'll wear shorts every day, and probably just a short sleeved shirt (high is like 80-85 while we're there). DD says she'll do leggins and a t-shirt every day. I'm cold blooded, so I'm thinking shorts isn't enough. My DD makes fun of me for wearing this, but I think I'm going to go with the shorts with capri leggings underneath look, and prob a zip up sweatshirt with a tank or t-shirt???

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Why not wait until you get closer and you have an actual forecast? Looking at the ten day currently, I'd be packing 100% shorts and t-shirts if I was going.

We leave in 6 days, and I'm struggling with this too! My DH says he'll wear shorts every day, and probably just a short sleeved shirt (high is like 80-85 while we're there). DD says she'll do leggins and a t-shirt every day. I'm cold blooded, so I'm thinking shorts isn't enough. My DD makes fun of me for wearing this, but I think I'm going to go with the shorts with capri leggings underneath look, and prob a zip up sweatshirt with a tank or t-shirt???
I think the zip-up is the right approach. You save luggage space because you can re-wear it multiple days rather than packing cold-weather clothes for the entire length of the trip, plus you can easily take it off midday without needing to go back to the room to change.

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

Madame Leota has my crystal ball so I suggest checking the forecast online a day or two before you go. It is Florida though so it may change several times during your trip so think layers that can be added or removed. It’s been mild down here the last few weeks but we never know what tomorrow brings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bama Mom

Its been 10 years since I was here in November but it was my favorite time to go. My hubby and boys who are all hot natured wore shorts and t shirts the whole time. My daughter and I, who are cold nature, wore capris (and some shorts for my daughter) but also had a sweatshirt for first thing in the morning or in doors. It really was perfect for all of us.

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

We've been there in late Oct./early Nov. Depending where you're from (and your tolerance for temperatures), the days could be anywhere from the mid 60's to the low 90's...we've had both on the same trip. I would STRONGLY urge that, at the VERY least, you bring a fleece pullover or zip up jacket for the evenings...it can get cool at night (upper 50's) and my pet peeve is that the buses have their A/C cranked at night for the trip back to the resort. Bring at least 2 pairs of long pants and shorts (you WILL use the shorts). I would also bring a sweat shirt (just in case) and you might want to think about bathing suits as well because there might be days you can use the pool. The Weather Channel app on my phone is usually reliable and is pretty accurate a week out, so you can keep an eye on things before you leave and adjust accordingly. Have a MAGICAL trip!!

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

Wear pants on the plane, pack shorts and short sleeved shirts, and bring a rain coat. If the weather gets too cold head to Uniqlo in Disney Springs and pick up some warmer clothes for fairly cheap. Or if you got the money, Disney sweatshirts for the whole family.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Where in the country do you live, OP?

My family of New Yorkers would wear shorts/capris and tees every day, but keep a hoodie handy for chilly mornings and/or evenings. However, we're used to chillier climes -- we don't even bust out a light jacket until the temperature is in the 50s or below, and have splashed around in unheated swimming pools in similar temperatures-- so YMMV.

Upvote 0

Thecorsi4

Original Poster
Where in the country do you live, OP?

My family of New Yorkers would wear shorts/capris and tees every day, but keep a hoodie handy for chilly mornings and/or evenings. However, we're used to chillier climes -- we don't even bust out a light jacket until the temperature is in the 50s or below, and have splashed around in unheated swimming pools in similar temperatures-- so YMMV.
lol I understand about the coats. We live in Colorado heck I still go play golf when it is 40 degrees outside

Upvote 0

Dave B

We live in Colorado and are going as well. We have been the last 4 years on Thanksgiving, I have never had to wear the one pair of Jeans I have brought. Maybe a sweatshirt at night, but definitely bring your bathing suits its such great weather this time of the year, have fun, maybe we will cross paths. when are you going? We will be there Nov 14- Nov 28th

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Honestly, you just never know until right before. We've had November and December trips where it's been warm and others where it's been cold. It's hard to prep farther out, but if you want to have it all covered in advance, you'll need to plan on packing for both. We had a Thanksgiving trip one year where the highs were in the 40s-50s most days, but were there just before Christmas last year and our highs were in the low 80s most days. Our kids' first trip was an early Dec trip and most days were in the 30s to 40s. So, plan for everything and refine once the forecast is within that 10 day window and becomes more accurate.

Upvote 0

Thecorsi4

Original Poster
We live in Colorado and are going as well. We have been the last 4 years on Thanksgiving, I have never had to wear the one pair of Jeans I have brought. Maybe a sweatshirt at night, but definitely bring your bathing suits its such great weather this time of the year, have fun, maybe we will cross paths. when are you going? @We will be there Nov 14- Nov 28th
we are going to be there 15-21st staying at AOA. I will keep an eye on the boards while we are there. Would be neat to meet a fellow as my wife calls me "Disney nerd"

Upvote 0

Dave B

we are going to be there 15-21st staying at AOA. I will keep an eye on the boards while we are there. Would be neat to meet a fellow as my wife calls me "Disney nerd"
That would be cool, We will be at the Caribbean from the 14th thru the 23rd and at the All Star Music family suite from the 23rd thru the 28th, I will check the boards while we are there as well

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom