Package Handling Fee added at WDW Resorts

Siren

Seems reasonable. But, there should be no charges if packages arrive on the same day as arrival or after you check in. I always receive gifts and flowers, so like -- why should I have to pay $5 every time for that?

rael ramone

If anything is bad about this it's the timing (meaning - done at the same time as all sorts of upcharges, etc).

It actually sounds.....reasonable... (and would turn into a positive if the proceeds were used to raise the pay of CM's that deal with this and/or hire more CMs).

Assuming that this charge doesn't balloon out of control.

It's good that some vendors are exempt (Owners Locker, Garden Grocer, etc). The last thing the Mouse needs is to give guests more of a reason to rent a car.. rental cars tend to do unMAGICal things like drive up I-4 to see Harry...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
If anything is bad about this it's the timing (meaning - done at the same time as all sorts of upcharges, etc).

It actually sounds.....reasonable... (and would turn into a positive if the proceeds were used to raise the pay of CM's that deal with this and/or hire more CMs).

Assuming that this charge doesn't balloon out of control.

It's good that some vendors are exempt (Owners Locker, Garden Grocer, etc). The last thing the Mouse needs is to give guests more of a reason to rent a car.. rental cars tend to do unMAGICal things like drive up I-4 to see Harry...

I thought the exemptions were good as well. That being said... There's no way that some of those exemptions are going to stay in place long-term.

TDO Meeting:

"What?!?! People aren't buying groceries from us, at our exorbitant prices with limited selection, and are instead having groceries delivered?? Well, we'll see about that!".

Make no mistake about it - Diznee's gonna get a piece of that pie, by hook or by crook. And charging a "handling fee" of some kind for grocery delivery services, I think, is inevitable. Revenue streams must be maintained and expanded, you know. We can't be having other parts of TWDC fending for themselves.

Edit: FWIW, when staying on-property, we find that renting a car is a great value. It enables us to buy groceries at reasonable prices, it allows us to go off-property to buy beer and alcohol at reasonable prices, and it also allows us the freedom to... visit other local attractions... :D

DisneyDebRob

This is a good thing. I must be blind but after 30 something trips to Disney World I have never seen someone pick up deliveries at the front desk. Didn't realize it was such a big thing. Guess I'm not around the hotel much. Anyway, time taken by CM' s to handle and move people's personal deliveries should have a charge. IMO

MinnieWaffles

If it's not groceries and they're referring to Amazon orders, so? Some Disney resorts and probably a lot of offsite ones already do this.

dreamfinder

DVC people will have things like food & supplies sent after ordering if off Amazon.

I had no idea it was a thing.

When an infant can go through 100+ diapers over the course of stay, thats either a checked bag fee, or have Amazon ship it down for free, for the same or less than it would cost just to buy the diapers at Baby R Us or similar. Or just compare the prices that Garden Grocer will charge for baby food or anything non perishable with what Amazon Pantry would charge to ship down for a small fee (or free if you get a Prime credit). WDW did it to themselves by increasing prices for food goods on property, and using DME to convince people to not get a rental. If people can save a few bucks by shipping things down, they will.

I do wonder why they have exclusions for Amazon Prime Now, but not Amazon Prime or regular Amazon.

PhotoDave219

When an infant can go through 100+ diapers over the course of stay, thats either a checked bag fee, or have Amazon ship it down for free, for the same or less than it would cost just to buy the diapers at Baby R Us or similar. Or just compare the prices that Garden Grocer will charge for baby food or anything non perishable with what Amazon Pantry would charge to ship down for a small fee (or free if you get a Prime credit). WDW did it to themselves by increasing prices for food goods on property, and using DME to convince people to not get a rental. If people can save a few bucks by shipping things down, they will.

I do wonder why they have exclusions for Amazon Prime Now, but not Amazon Prime or regular Amazon.

I mean, it makes sense. It just never dawned on me that people did that. I just assumed they ran to Publix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom