package delivery

kimrn87

Has anyone had any experience with having packages delivered to your resort hotel room?? Bad or good? Recommend or not?

2much2do

It was wonderful!!! We have always had our packages delivered to the room and it is great. It took a day, but they were right there. I even was able to combine packages from two different shops. Anyway, they are no longer doing this to your room. They now will deliver your package to your RESORT. I believe this is another budget cut, although this one doesn't really hurt, IMO. All you have to do is pick up your package usually at the front desk. No prob. It's still way better than carrying your stuff around the parks all day and then on the bus!!!

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

We always use the package delivery and have found it to be very reliable. I believe they are now only delivering to your resort as a way of protecting themselves. You have to sign that you received the package when you pick it up. Perhaps people were claiming items were not left in their rooms when they had been? Anyway, I highly recomend using this service.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

They don't deliver to our room anymore...it is to the Gift Shop in the central location. so if you are in a big resort...you may have a lot of walking to do!

Upvote 0

Seano846

Originally posted by kimrn87
Has anyone had any experience with having packages delivered to your resort hotel room?? Bad or good? Recommend or not?

My wife has a wonderfull experience will package delivery every time we go to WDW for our anniversary:fork: :fork: :D

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

I was just at the Polynesian last week, they deliver your packages to the gift shop that's just across from Captain Cooks in the GCH. It was very convienient, we used it several times. You will love the Polynesian, it's a beautiful resort.

Upvote 0

Erika

I haven't used it since they stopped direct room delivery, but picking it up from anywhere else in the resort is still better than having to lug it all over the place. I love the freedom of being able to go from Marketplace to the parks without having to stop by the hotel first, and of stopping into the shops at the parks whenever I feel like it instead of waiting until the end.

And have you ever had to get on a crowded Mickey bus at the end of the night, standing room only, with heavy shopping bags in both hands? UGH! Never again!!!

Do the package delivery. You will love it.

Upvote 0

MinnieFan

Package delivery is the only way to go. We were told for security reasons, they can't deliver to the rooms, like they did last year. It's really no biggie having to go to the hotel gift shop to pick it up. It is a very nice service any way you look at it.

Upvote 0

GalacticGobbler

I agree with MinnieFan package delivery is tyhe only way to go. You can even take it one step further. If you live out of state, you can have the packages shipped to your home address and you don't have to pay the sales tax. Depending on the amount of your purchase, the tax and shipping may be close enough to justify shipping. It sure beats dragging a big item home.:)

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
They stopped delivery to rooms at Riverside during our stay last year. It was no big deal as we could still shop during the busy times at the parks and not have to bother lugging the gear around with us. I have a feeling they asked for ID though when I collected them, and they wouldnt let me collect a parcel my daughter (14) had purchased.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
They don't deliver to our room anymore...it is to the Gift Shop in the central location. so if you are in a big resort...you may have a lot of walking to do!
Still much less of a walk than carrying all the way from the parks. :)

Upvote 0

BigAL

I agree with everyone else. Package delivery is very convinient and easy. If you have any thing that is breakable though take the time to unwrap it and check it out while you are there. I have gotten home and found out the item had been broken during delivery.

Upvote 0

Disneynut

Originally posted by BigAL
If you have any thing that is breakable though take the time to unwrap it and check it out while you are there. I have gotten home and found out the item had been broken during delivery.

We use package deliverly all the time. As far as something breaking, I did not check the packages before we left. When we got home we found two broken items. Called WDW and they sent free replacements items no questions asked.

Upvote 0

Tramp

...had many packages delivered to the room for many years with NO problems......also, don't forget that ALL guests can send their packages to the front of the parks so you don't have to carry them around all day.

...ya always get a receipt showing the contents so, if it were lost, Disney would replace it...

...just an advisory though....I wouldn't send one of a kind or treasured items that are difficult to replace like a portrait painting, etc....chances are slim that anything would happen to it but there's still a chance.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom