News Pacific Wharf to be Reimagined into San Fransokyo

TP2000

I think we can officially say that we are now in Pressler-era 2.0. I was out of the parks then, and I'm out now.

Agreed.

I'm oddly relieved that this D23 Expo was mostly a bust, because now I can focus solely on selecting the perfect kitchen cabinet hardware and stylish drawer pulls for the powder room. 😂

Once Runaway Railway opens next year, there's nothing much headed to Anaheim's two parks this decade except oddly conceived cheap overlays and a reworked water show. I'm heading out...

Ryan120420

Agreed.

I'm oddly relieved that this D23 Expo was mostly a bust, because now I can focus solely on selecting the perfect kitchen cabinet hardware and stylish drawer pulls for the powder room. 😂

Once Runaway Railway opens next year, there's nothing much headed to Anaheim's two parks this decade except oddly conceived cheap overlays and a reworked water show. I'm heading out...

You are not excited for Avengers Mayhem in 2030?

TP2000

You are not excited for Avengers Mayhem in 2030?

donotunderstand-wontrespond.gif

ParkPeeker

I love the Golden Gate Bridge but they need to remove this outer repurposed truss structure and make it actually look like a mini suspension bridge. I guess the black little threads are supposed to look like suspension cables?
Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 3.36.59 PM.png

In the movie it is pretty much like the Golden Gate Bridge, with the high suspension cables and everything
1662936699744.png

The concept art just looks like they kept this truss structure modified it and painted it and tried to pass it off as suspension cables and hangers,
but it doesn't really look like it 💀
Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 3.40.43 PM.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I love the Golden Gate Bridge but they need to remove this outer repurposed truss structure and make it actually look like a mini suspension bridge. I guess the black little threads are supposed to look like suspension cables?
View attachment 666124
In the movie it is pretty much like the Golden Gate Bridge, with the high suspension cables and everything
View attachment 666125
The concept art just looks like they kept this truss structure modified it and painted it and tried to pass it off as suspension cables and hangers,
but it doesn't really look like it 💀
View attachment 666126
Its a functional bridge.....

I'm not a structural engineer, but unless you rebuild it you can't just change its structural elements just for theming. So yeah they have use the existing and add theming to it.

SuddenStorm

This is another one of those announced overlays where I'm like... was Big Hero 6 really that popular to justify a land themed to it? A dedicated meeting space is fine but this makes me feel like they're banking on this IP having lasting popularity over the next 10-20 years.

Unless modern Disney doesn't think that far ahead anymore.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is another one of those announced overlays where I'm like... was Big Hero 6 really that popular to justify a land themed to it? A dedicated meeting space is fine but this makes me feel like they're banking on this IP having lasting popularity over the next 10-20 years.

Unless modern Disney doesn't think that far ahead anymore.
There is a new Baymax show just released on D+, so yeah they believe this is a lasting IP.

ParkPeeker

Its a functional bridge.....

I'm not a structural engineer, but unless you rebuild it you can't just change its structural elements just for theming. So yeah they have use the existing and add theming to it.
danggg I know they're not spending money to rebuild it, but It looks so weird in the concept image it's bugging me 😭

TP2000

I'm doing some laundry now, so I don't have time to go and watch the D23 Parks Presentation yet. I'll maybe do that tonight with a glass of wine. Or maybe just watch a Benson rerun with a glass of wine.

But until then, can we talk about this concept art??? Was this supposed to get us excited? Because it looks weird and underwhelming.

rrtt764764876376486766676767644433-jpg.666079

They're turning that steel bridge into a mini-golf decoration, and then hanging a bunch of Japanese lanterns from Cost Plus on the existing Pacific Wharf buildings, and calling it good? And we're supposed to be excited about this, even though our moon has veered wildly off course and is about to crash into our planet snuffing out all life as we know it?

Was there some other image they offered? Some other details or information besides a Baymax meet n' greet? Along with the other very underwhelming D23 Expo news from today, I'm just so confused.

They really do appear to be phoning this stuff in at this point. :(

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Isn’t Big Hero 6 a Marvel property? They’re going to have two separate Marvel lands in DCA? I guess they already have two Pixar lands. What a stupid theme park. What a bunch of idiots behind Disney. They should sell the company to me, I’d do so much better.
The Big Hero 6 characters are originally from a Marvel produced comic (actually a Man of Action creation), yes. But the movie is from WDAS, so its officially a Disney Animation IP inside the company, so no it won't be a Marvel land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom