P&P Party RENAMED!

starwood

Original Poster
This isn't that big of news, but disney has renamed the Pirate and Princess Party slightly. It will be renamed:

Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party

I know it's not that big of a deal, but just thought you'd like to know.

MKCP 1985

Mickey is an attention hog. :lol:

Seriously Mickey, get out there and make some funny cartoons and stop trying to horn in on Cap'n Jack and the Princesses who've made their bones with movies people paid to see!

Mickey is becoming the Zsa Zsa Gabor of the 21st Century - famous for being famous but not really doing anything. :lol: Maybe he could have a photo op with Paris Hilton. :lookaroun

Jerm

Now if they can make it worth it. While the fireworks are great, it is nothing more then a alt version of MNSSHP without as much fun IMHO.

Epcot82Guy

At first this seemed a bit gimmicky, but I think this actually may improve the party. Having it be one of Mickey's "parties" means it may be able to develop a greater overall theme, which, in turn, could lead to better parade offerings, other interactive elements, better story, etc. It also adds a little bit more longevity to it and takes the empasis off just the fads of pirates a princesses (a little bit).

WDWFigment

At first this seemed a bit gimmicky, but I think this actually may improve the party. Having it be one of Mickey's "parties" means it may be able to develop a greater overall theme, which, in turn, could lead to better parade offerings, other interactive elements, better story, etc. It also adds a little bit more longevity to it and takes the emphasis off just the fads of pirates a princesses (a little bit).

Ha, I'm actually surprised they didn't try to do just the opposite to boast the party's popularity. We all know a 4th Pirates movie is coming (not that they're losing popularity, even without it), so I'm surprised it isn't becoming:

Captain Jack's Sparrow's Pirate and Princess Party

or

Pirate and Princess Party
featuring Captain Jack Sparrow

Nevermind the fact that Captain Jack isn't a princess, a logical name isn't necessary (to Disney), just one that sells tickets...

Epcot82Guy

Ha, I'm actually surprised they didn't try to do just the opposite to boast the party's popularity. We all know a 4th Pirates movie is coming (not that they're losing popularity, even without it), so I'm surprised it isn't becoming:

Captain Jack's Sparrow's Pirate and Princess Party

or

Pirate and Princess Party
featuring Captain Jack Sparrow

Nevermind the fact that Captain Jack isn't a princess, a logical name isn't necessary (to Disney), just one that sells tickets...

Oh. I'm sure any opportunity was NOT the point of the change. I was merely pointing it out. I agree. I'm sure this was a rushed decision because the marketing gurus would have definitely latched onto Jackie like they have American Idol.... since being relevant and hip has done so well for Disney in the recent past...

jt04

People spend years in college to learn this stuff so dont mock.

I would have used the sarcastic face if I was being mocking. I really do think it is a great idea, especially if they add some more layers to the event to bring it up to the standards of the Halloween and Christmas parties. It is a small change but has serious potential. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom