Oz: The Great & Powerful Balloon Arrives at Disneyland

TP2000

Original Poster
On my walk through Downtown Disney towards Disneyland this morning I was surprised to see a giant hot air balloon rising from the Entry Plaza between the two theme parks. I got closer and it was a promotional balloon for the new Wizard of Oz moving Disney is coming out with.

Let's just start with this stunning image, taken Sunday from the Disneyland Hotel on a glorious Orange County, California winter morning.

Look dad, I can see the Matterhorn! (Sacred game of Southern California children since 1959)
IMG_0649-XL.jpg

I could certainly never pull off a great photo like that one above! Obviously, the expert photographers from Dateline Disneyland were also there, and judging by the looks of these next pictures they got these just shortly before I was there on Sunday. I'll leave it to the experts at Dateline Disneyland... http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.c...hotos/28060355_rDJcWT#!i=2370315614&k=GrCN7P9

The Balloon nears complete inflation on a sunny winter morning in SoCal.
IMG_0244-M.jpg

And off it goes!
IMG_0468-M.jpg

I kept seeing it peek over rooftops from inside Disneyland and on Main Street. But it was also visible from inside California Adventure and on Buena Vista Street.
IMG_0482-L.jpg

Walt and Mickey like it too.
IMG_0520-M.jpg

They are also offering 3D sneak previews of the new Oz moving in DCA's Hollywood Backlot for a few weeks.
IMG_0028-M.jpg

I haven't seen the Oz preview yet. Has anyone else seen it? I'm a big fan of the original Wizard of Oz movie, so I hope I enjoy this 21st century version that Disney has come up with.

Californian Elitist

D23 is hosting, or hosted free screenings for Angelenos this week, and it got positive reviews. Can't wait to see it for myself.

The balloon is pretty, BTW. Dateline Disneyland's photos are great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom