Owner's Locker

Phonedave

I do not own one, but I have talked with the owner a number of times. I can say that the owner of the company is a very nice person.

I may pull the trigger and finally get one though. Many times we get a 1BR and if it sleeps 5, but only has bedding for 4, we bring down an air mattress and sheets. That is something I would put in the owners locker. About the only other thing that I think I would store is laundry detergent and fabric softener.

-dave

correcaminos

I have a lot of friends who use it. For us, there is nothing I'm willing to leave behind. Sunscreen expires, shampoos dry out. etc. and we only go a couple times a year. I want my clothes with me at home and not at the parks and my offspring grow too quickly to consider leaving clothes behind there. I have a friend who goes 3 times a year, and leaves clothes, sunscreen, shampoo, basically everything he'd need would be there. He doesn't bring luggage with him. Many leave kitchen appliances as well - again something we don't bring.

So it's up to you if it's worth it or not. The fee is just too high for how little use we'd get out of it.

Phonedave

I have a lot of friends who use it. For us, there is nothing I'm willing to leave behind. Sunscreen expires, shampoos dry out. etc. and we only go a couple times a year. I want my clothes with me at home and not at the parks and my offspring grow too quickly to consider leaving clothes behind there. I have a friend who goes 3 times a year, and leaves clothes, sunscreen, shampoo, basically everything he'd need would be there. He doesn't bring luggage with him. Many leave kitchen appliances as well - again something we don't bring.

So it's up to you if it's worth it or not. The fee is just too high for how little use we'd get out of it.

That is how feel as well. The only thing that my change my mind is the air mattress. That takes up most of a carry on, and now with how much airlines charge for bags, it may work out in the end.

There is really nothing else that I want to leave behind. I guess I could leave a few swim goggles in there, just in case some kids forget to pack them, if I had a locker, but that is not a reason in and of itself. It's much cheaper to buy a new set of goggles once a year or so.

correcaminos

That is how feel as well. The only thing that my change my mind is the air mattress. That takes up most of a carry on, and now with how much airlines charge for bags, it may work out in the end.

There is really nothing else that I want to leave behind. I guess I could leave a few swim goggles in there, just in case some kids forget to pack them, if I had a locker, but that is not a reason in and of itself. It's much cheaper to buy a new set of goggles once a year or so.

How often do you go? You could also ship the air mattress for less. Not sure what you paid for it, but likely you could buy a new one for the cost of the OL fee if one trip. That's what we've always come up with for us. Considered it for fans, but even new fans every trip was less than the cost. $105-190 a year is kind of expensive for one item IMO. I get my friend doing it because he goes often and doesn't pack anything.

WWWD

Another question, if you do split stays, does bell services transfer the OL or do you have to call the company?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We used to visit WDW 2-3 times per year and the owners locker was a godsend we had three of them and they contained all the 'vacation' stuff which we would replenish locally. So our luggage was always light.

We actually have 3 of them, now parents use them when they go down for 6 weeks to get away from snow.

slappy magoo

I don't see the value in it, but we usually drive so trying to minimize our stuff for transport isn't as much of an issue. And there's nothing we'd bring that we also wouldn't use once we're back home so there'd be no reason to leave it behind. And we tend to go once every other year so it's really not a value for us. I can see it perhaps working out for people who go multiple times a year and fly, it'd be convenient to just pick up and go knowing you have all the clothes you need waiting for you, no need to pay for checked baggage, etc.

philbrody

Have used it for years. We mostly keep stuff you need every now and then and dont want to repack every time. Febreeze spray, laundry detergent (the one we get in the villa gives my daughter a rash), couple bottles of alcohol, etc. We also keep spare items you may or may not need. Deck of cards, extra pin backs, salt and pepper shaker.

It's gotten a little more expensive over the years, but their customer service is great and I think has saved us money in the long run by not having to re-buy everything every time

Phonedave

How often do you go? You could also ship the air mattress for less. Not sure what you paid for it, but likely you could buy a new one for the cost of the OL fee if one trip. That's what we've always come up with for us. Considered it for fans, but even new fans every trip was less than the cost. $105-190 a year is kind of expensive for one item IMO. I get my friend doing it because he goes often and doesn't pack anything.

I pack the air mattress because I do get free checked bags, sort of. I get 4 bags (2 for the first 2 people on the reservation) for free with United Club. Of course you pay and arm and a leg for United Club access, but I do that for other reasons, not for the free bags.

So for us it is no problem to throw it in a normal sized carry on (it takes up about half the carry on) and check it. Then we use the extra space for all of the garbage we buy when we are at WDW.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom