Overwhelmed planning trip for fall

jeremyg

Hi guys!
I'm so excited, I'm planning our Disney trip for this fall. It's been 3 years since I've been and my kids are older now (9 and 4) and will flip out once they find out we are going.

We've been in the past. But I've been fortunate in that my parents would pay for all of us and siblings to go every other year. So they would do the planning and we would stay at Saratoga or Key West resorts. You can image my surprise when I started planning just how expensive it is.

Anyway, we plan on going either last 3 days in Sept or the first 3 days in November. It appears both time frames have decent crowd levels. November will have cooler weather, but we live in south Florida so heat is nothing new to us. I know the Wine and Food fest is going on in Epcot during those time periods, so that's one negative we have to deal with.

Are these decent time frames?

My biggest priority is Money. I want to go for as little as possible. We will probably stay at POP for 4 days and do a 3 day park hopper. But if budget gets tight, we will downgrade the park hopper and just get base tickets and possibly only go for 2 days. From the dates I picked, we would be arriving on a Wed night and first park day would be a Thursday. So we should be able to get Value prices during that time. Another question is, since we will be staying through till Friday (which is not a value price day), how will the price work? Will I get charged for a 2 day value and then a single day Regular price?

I'm also aware of the upcoming discounts that should be released in late April. We are hoping for the free dining plan in order to save more money. But from what I've read in the past, the better dining plan is for Moderate resort packages. So I will have to calculate out food pricing and make sure the upgrade to a moderate resort will not out way the food plan verses us bring our own food.

Trying to keep it all together, but there are so many factors to consider. Would love to get your expert advice. Thanks

Jeremy

jeremyg

Original Poster
I was thIng about that too, but it was still more expensive per night verses POP even with the gift card. Anyway, that special ended on Sat from what my travel agent said. I have not verified that info yet.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Jeremy....Do you HAVE TO stay on property!? If you would venture just outside the gates at Hotel Plaza Blvd, you will find many hotel for a cheaper price than POP or All Stars. We stayed at the Clarionlbv.com just a stones throw away from Hotel Plaza Blvd. It was really nice comfortable beds, kids splash zone, 2 pools, deli, convenience store bar/grille, and restaurant. If you want to go that route try using otel.com for some great prices! You can also use booking,com or try trivago.com...it will show you the best price and compare prices! Personally, I would stay away from DHS, why pay the extra money for a half day park at full price!? Skip that park and use the cash for more savings or use the cash for a special time for your family...like a character meal!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom