deleted

ppet

You are probably that one guy still swimming in the pool in that temp too- while the lifeguards are in coats and long pants, probably willing to let u drown before they jump in!

I'm a Floridian and one year at Universal my wife and I (mostly my doing) were the only people there dumb enough to ride their log flumes (Dudley Do-Right) which in itself maybe wouldn't have been so bad, except that every psycho teen in the park took time off from torturing cats to hover by those coin-op water hoses you can shoot at people on the ride. Still was no wait for the ride though- couldn't pass that up
Yeah, I like the heated pools when the air above is about 45 to 50. You get that nice water vapor cloud down close to the water.

LUVofDIS

Up north we had events where they cut a hole in the ice of a frozen lake and swim. Briefly, for sure, but, they do jump right in and collect money for charity.

The Polar Bear Club. Have you ever done it?

I SCUBA dive here in Michigan during the winter with a wet suit. We use to dive the St. Clair river every January first.

Beacon Joe

I have a horrible one from two days ago:

The time was 8:55 AM in the Magic Kingdom, and a bitter-looking woman with a small girl in tow is frantically pushing through the crowd waiting at the Tomorrowland bridge.

She starts yelling at her daughter, but really to the world at large, "this isn't the happiest place on Earth. This is the most horrible place on Earth. Look at these people. Nobody can move. None of them will let us get to the rides. How are we supposed to get anywhere?" Then she gets in the girl's face, yelling "Better enjoy this while you can, because this is the only time I'm ever taking you to this awful place." Just as I say, "Excuse me," and try to inform her that nobody's moving because the park isn't technically open, she drags the girl off yelling repeatedly, "this isn't the happiest place on Earth. This is the most horrible place on Earth." She must have been proud of that line, I suppose.

I reckon that crushed little girl got maybe a half hour in the park before her mom dragged her out to then berate her over how much the half hour cost. What a total witch.

UncleMike101

I have a horrible one from two days ago:

The time was 8:55 AM in the Magic Kingdom, and a bitter-looking woman with a small girl in tow is frantically pushing through the crowd waiting at the Tomorrowland bridge.

She starts yelling at her daughter, but really to the world at large, "this isn't the happiest place on Earth. This is the most horrible place on Earth. Look at these people. Nobody can move. None of them will let us get to the rides. How are we supposed to get anywhere?" Then she gets in the girl's face, yelling "Better enjoy this while you can, because this is the only time I'm ever taking you to this awful place." Just as I say, "Excuse me," and try to inform her that nobody's moving because the park isn't technically open, she drags the girl off yelling repeatedly, "this isn't the happiest place on Earth. This is the most horrible place on Earth." She must have been proud of that line, I suppose.

I reckon that crushed little girl got maybe a half hour in the park before her mom dragged her out to then berate her over how much the half hour cost. What a total witch.
I'm becoming a firm believer that young people of today need to take a mental exam and pass an exhaustive parenting class before they can reproduce.

memethyst

oh also [this was like 2 weeks ago] i was at the laugh floor and if you haven't seen the laugh floor, there's a part where mike wazowski's nephew asks a kid in the audience to tell a joke. this kid decided it would be great to tell a joke about butts in the middle of the magic kingdom. i forgot how the joke went but it was not disney appropriate. it was also the first time i've ever seen a character from laugh floor break character, and it was hilarious.

memethyst

another thing i've heard a lot is people calling sonny eclipse "cosmic ray" even though there's a sign behind him that says "sonny eclipse" and he sings a whole song about his name being sonny eclipse.

retr0gate

My friends and I recently came back from a grad trip we took to WDW. One of the highlights of the trip for us was pin trading and our first night there we traveled around on the monorail and went to each MK resort (we didn't have park tickets this day) to see what pins we could find. A cast member from the Fantasia gift shop was showing us their pin board when I found a pretty cool pin of the robot butler from Horizons. The cast member asked me what the pin was from and I told her to which she responded with "What's Horizons?" and then she proceeded to talk to me about how she thought the pin was based off something she had seen in an early 2000's batman movie. Maybe I'm expecting too much regarding park knowledge from a cast member working at one of the hotels but cmon...

ninjaprincesst

At least you are from other countries, it's sad how everyone assumes that everyone from Texas is wearing boots and a cowboy hat, riding a horse and all own at lest one oil well.

Sonconato

Necrobump time! We were looking at the babirusa in the Oasis at AK heading to the anteater. I heard a man on his cell phone telling his friend angrily that "I cant believe that my girlfriend just broke up with me at Disney...all because I wouldn't go on a roller coaster."

That's harsh.

disneyspirit

Necrobump time! We were looking at the babirusa in the Oasis at AK heading to the anteater. I heard a man on his cell phone telling his friend angrily that "I cant believe that my girlfriend just broke up with me at Disney...all because I wouldn't go on a roller coaster."

That's harsh.
He doesn't know it yet, but that was his lucky day. Run before she changes her mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom