Overhaul of Goofy's Playhouse in Mickey's Toontown (open brainstorming)

mharrington

Original Poster
As part of a rumored refresh of all of Mickey's Toontown for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, I've been doing threads about how to improve the individual areas of the land. I already did one on Donald's Boat (not that it really went anywhere; no one was posting there but me): https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/donalds-boat-overhaul-in-mickeys-toontown.958145/.

But there are other parts of the land that need help, too, including Goofy's Playhouse. One of my initial ideas was to overhaul it into Goofy's Paint 'n' Playhouse. However, from watching a video on Goofy's Playhouse here and then a video on Goofy's Paint 'n' Playhouse in Tokyo, I'm actually not sure, given the space for it, if the latter can fit physically fit in the former's space. Here's the video in question on the version in California, queue and all:

And here's the video of the version in Tokyo (queue and all, which is not easy to find on YouTube):

As you can see, I think it looks relatively more spacious than Disneyland's version, and that's just from the exterior garden space. As with Donald's Boat, it would be quite difficult to work over there without impacting the area dramatically. Does anyone have any ideas for how to overhaul Goofy's Playhouse without getting too radical?

Outbound

Goofy's Playhouse is located behind a large set of trees which block the Railroad from being visible in ToonTown. I think you could easily expand Goofy's Playhouse to the desired size if you cut back these trees. This might create the problem of visibility, however, so I'd create a large wall to divide the regions and paint it some large mural on either end (Toontown: a picnic in the park; Fantasyland: an enchanted forest).

As you can see there is space. The queue might need readjusting, though. Red represents a possible expansion to make way for the Paint and Blue the wall.

Keyblade Jedi

I Love that Idea. In English Version, Bill Farmer Could Do the Lines for Goofy and Done Additional Lines which were Not Included in the Japanese Dailogue.

mharrington

Original Poster
Goofy's Playhouse is located behind a large set of trees which block the Railroad from being visible in ToonTown. I think you could easily expand Goofy's Playhouse to the desired size if you cut back these trees. This might create the problem of visibility, however, so I'd create a large wall to divide the regions and paint it some large mural on either end (Toontown: a picnic in the park; Fantasyland: an enchanted forest).

View attachment 412776

As you can see there is space. The queue might need readjusting, though. Red represents a possible expansion to make way for the Paint and Blue the wall.

Interesting idea.

I'm not really sure how doable it is now, mainly for how you enter/exit than anything, but I was originally thinking of a small ride to be added in the space for Goofy's Playhouse. It's something of a cross between Mr. Toad and the ancient Midget Autopia, which is to say a silly ride (primarily) for kids, though anyone can ride them, kids or no. The ride is called Goofy's Goof-Karts. The design and name for the cars is based on this old Goofy comic I found a few years ago:
1201-1.jpg

The idea is that Goofy has invented a new kind of riding mower to try and take care of his vast yard. He has apparently tested it before (only once before) and he wants someone else to test it as well before it is deemed safe. But when you board, in a covered shed near the house, in typical Goofy fashion, the Goof-Karts go out of control, over the yard and through part of the house (where a Goofy-shaped hole is left in the wall as you go through), where the queue begins. At one point, you also go through his garage, where, similar to the Roger Rabbit ride, there are Disney-themed license plates hanging on the wall. Gophers and crows are seen hiding as your kart races by, save for one crow who, is of course perched on a Goofy scarecrow. At the end, Goofy is heard admitting that his Goof-Kart needs the bugs worked out he or anyone else can use them again. Run time lasts about a minute and a half.

Of course, all of this will mean that the kiddie area around Goofy's Playhouse is no more, but maybe the neighboring Toon Park can become an expansion of Goofy's residence called Goofy's KinderGarden.

However, I'm not sure how doable that would be, even if the trees were removed. To be sure, the removal of the trees would provide some space for my idea, but that would only add to the complaint about the lack of shade, wouldn't it? Also, based on the two videos I posted at the start, how can you enter the ride? Finally, it would be a shame to lose the view of the land from the train if there was a huge wall placed there, one that would constantly need to be repainted, just like the hills behind Mickey and Minnie's houses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom