Over the Top

Doug Means

Original Poster
I know that sometimes these boards can get negative. I hope this does not happen on this thread. I am wanting to know what for you does Disney do (especially at WDW) that is over the top good, that got you hooked, wanting to come back over and over again, instead of maybe doing other vacations or trips?

I love theme parks and have had Six Flags annual passes, Silver Dollar City annual passes, and WDW annual passes. If i still lived in FL i would still have them. Even though i like the other parks, Disney did even the little things right for me on my first few trips. the smallest details, mickey's in detail of the wall paper or carpets, how nice the CM's have always been, the food has always been better, and just the overall way my kids act when they see the characters (maybe because i act like a kid even now when i see them - especially Winnie the pooh). the ride theming has always been great and the queue lines have gotten better and better to make the longer waits not so long. i look forward to all the new stuff so i can see how great the details will be on them. anyway i hope i get to hear many of the great things that influenced you your first trips...

belledream

Well, I think as a 5-year old growing up in the 90's, my entire childhood was filled with some of the best Disney characters and films to ever grace the planet. So going to a place that made it all so real was truly a place I could always see myself going back to, even when I got older. Now that I'm an adult, I haven't lost any zest for the happiness that all-things-Disney brings to my life, but we keep coming back because it's a very dynamic destination. It holds so many different avenues of entertainment. Do we want to get thrills on rides? Do we want to chill? Do we want to relax on a park bench on a bustling evening or at a resort listening to only the sound of the water and faint area loops? How about we just eat at some top-notch restaurants that you can't find anywhere else? Disney has always offered my party so many different options to enjoy ourselves, and we find more ways to do it every single time!

JIMINYCR

For me an my family I think the big thing that impressed us from the first trip, the over the top good, and one of the biggest reasons we return is the genuine warmth and friendliness of every CM we encounter. Disney does it right when they properly train their CM's how to deal with every guest they come in contact with. There hasnt been a day on site when I havent witnessed several CM/Guest encounters that hasnt brought a smile to my face. In any business, your employees can make or break your customer satisfaction, and properly trained CM's do more for Disney than anything else they have. Rides, attractions, parades... they are similar everywhere, but Disney CM's are unique.

KCheatle

For me, it's the immersion of WDW. I love the theming and the friendliness of CMs and other guests, but I actually didn't realize how important the immersion was until we went to DL last year. The theming there is great, too, and the CMs are fantastic. But, we missed the feeling of being separated from the "Real World." I didn't like riding the monorail and seeing a Denny's, and I didn't like looking out at the top of the roller coaster and seeing people's houses, and I didn't like hearing from local folks that they could hear the fireworks every night from their back porch. Maybe it's petty, but I like how from the moment I arrive at the airport, my separation from the "real world" begins as even the airline attendants now know what the yellow tags on your luggage mean. WDW is just different than any other experience out there, and given my normal off-the-charts stress level, being basically secluded from work life and home life (no practices to run to, no grocery shopping to do, etc.) is a little slice of heaven for me.

MadMax11

People can be as negative as they want to be. My life over the last month has just been nuts. Not all bad...some very good...but crazy...coming at me way too fast.

I'll be in WDW in early June with my family and our closest friends, and I can't wait!!!! In the midst of everything, I love the idea of hitting the Do Not Disturb button on my i-phone and spending time with them at WDW.

Minnie1976

It makes me happy!!! I feel like I can escape real life for a little while. Attractions I was scared of as a young adult, I now love. Guess I am getting a little crazy in my old age. Have my special treats that I love getting at Disney and eating in my special restaurants. Enjoy now being at Disney with my grandchildren. Our boys grew up going almost every year. The oldest was taken in 1977 and the youngest in 1978. I still get excited seeing the Castle and walking down Main Street. Since Mk was the only park when we started going, it is still my favorite park today. Love riding the monorail. So sorry the skyway no longer runs and 20,000 leagues is gone. The area was beautiful where 20,000 leagues was located. There have been lots of changes since 1976, our 1st trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom