Out of the Darkness?....A list of WDW "fixes"

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
With the recent "fix" of the laser portals in Dinosaur at DAK, could this be the beginning of a trend in repairing our beloved Walt Disney World theme parks? These little fixes, on their own, might not seem to account for much, but if this trend continues, we might finally be seeing some light at the end of the very long tunnel that WDW is in. This might be a great place to chronicle the progress (if any) being made.

I don't know if anyone out there can pinpoint when the tide changed at DL and since it's now been close to a decade, the DL regulars might not remember what actually started the reversal, but here we've got the opportunity to document the progress.

Now we know what the problems already are, so let's not turn this thread into a "what needs to be fixed" b***h session...

So here goes...
May 2013 (20th or 21st)-Laser portals effect, reintroduced

If you're aware of more of these types of "fixes".....it could be long lost audio reappearing in an attraction....please chime in.

And I've seen pics of the refurbished Omnibus backstage on Main Street USA....has it made an appearance ON Main Street yet? This would be a "fix" in my opinion.

dreamscometrue

I don't know if anyone out there can pinpoint when the tide changed at DL and since it's now been close to a decade, the DL regulars might not remember what actually started the reversal, but here we've got the opportunity to document the progress.

I'd like to know about this as well. What actually happened in terms of leadership, personnel, budgets, media pressure, etc. that precipitated change at DL after years of neglect? Is George K. in a position where he can initiaite change (more money on maintenence, etc.), and if not, how can WDW undergo a DL type transformation?

The Mom

Premium Member
With the recent "fix" of the laser portals in Dinosaur at DAK, could this be the beginning of a trend in repairing our beloved Walt Disney World theme parks? These little fixes, on their own, might not seem to account for much, but if this trend continues, we might finally be seeing some light at the end of the very long tunnel that WDW is in. This might be a great place to chronicle the progress (if any) being made.

Now we know what the problems already are, so let's not turn this thread into a "what needs to be fixed" b***h session...

If you're aware of more of these types of "fixes".....it could be long lost audio reappearing in an attraction....please chime in.

Again, the OP specifically stated that he wanted people to list any fixes they have noticed, not list things that need fixing. Thanks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was thinking about that too....

Splash Mountain (so far)
Potential Space Mountain exterior lighting
Epcot monorail beam cleaning
Further back I know but the HM and the HoP
Star Tours
City of Tomorrow model cleaning on TTA
MSUSA Castle projectors resiting

A drop in the ocean so far, and possibly just isolated projects for specific effects, but its a start.

The Empress Lilly

Steam on Everest train
Mars model at entrance to Mission:Space

Well, a whole of things at WDW get fixed all of the time. Yet, obviously this thread is not for every replaced light bulb, nor for every periodical refurb. So: 'Stuf that's been broken for a long time and was repairded recently'? Hmmm..lemme think about this.

nytimez

Steam on Everest train
Mars model at entrance to Mission:Space

Well, a whole of things at WDW get fixed all of the time. Yet, obviously this thread is not for every replaced light bulb, nor for every periodical refurb. So: 'Stuf that's been broken for a long time and was repairded recently'? Hmmm..lemme think about this.

How about "stuff that was broken, then fixed, and actually stayed fixed for a while?"

coilback

When we went in September the pop up ghosts in HM were not working. They worked last week when we were there. Also, Splash Mountain's animatronics were working (some weren't last time) as far as I could remember. I definitely caught a vibe of things seeming cleaner and more repaired than when we were there in September which was a big disappointment on lots of levels.

Soarin2u

I noticed the older pool chairs at the Coronado had been removed and replaced by newer chairs. BB fixed some of its poorly constructed wooden awnings and had been made to be more stable. When we went the time before the score board on the dashers for a good amount of time (as in weeks not hours) was broken but returned a few months after to find it fixed. They also cleaned out some areas of twigs and dirt. Small but I never see these type of clean ups before in the past years Ive been there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom