Out of State Passholders + staying off-site

Rapunzel287

Just out of curiosity:
Are there any other out of State Passholders out there with a planned off-side stay (longer than three days) in the next couple of month?
Do you have a battle plan for your three Park Pass reservations??

I’m still a little bit overwhelmed what the best strategy might be...
Try to get reservations for the first three days and then hope the best for the coming days? Or pick “special” days? Or get an on-side hotel and the chance for more park days?

My head is spinning at the moment and exchanging information with someone who is in the same situation would be very much appreciated... 😘

macefamily

We're out of state passholders, but we also are DVC. We were able to get a low point stay at a resort so we got three parks in three days. Perhaps you can look into one of those third party businesses that sell points ? Some resorts are 10-15 points per day.
My worry is that the Disney employees have started a petition to not return to work as currently scheduled. This can get legs quickly
if the media starts negative reporting about Disney. They will fold like a paper airplane.

Upvote 0

Gillyanne

FL Res AP holder, but we travel to stay a week closer to Disney when we visit, but we are off site as we have cheaper means to stay; Next trip is 30 Aug - 07 Sept. We also only have the week day select passes, so weekends are already cut out. Our plan of attack is do keep monday a "no parks" day, just so we can get settled into the apartment, maybe hit the outlets and/or DS etc.. Then T, W, Th book what we can (Hope to do EP, MK, HS respectively) and if availability is still open to book a 4th day, another EP/MK (parent's got to EP for Food, I'll take the lil to MK).

We have a trip 2nd week of Nov too, We'll probably do something similar for then (hopefully booking the end of the week of our Sept trip) but will probably swap out HS for AK...

I'm also curious though if they may implement some kind of "day of" booking, that AP can book an additional day (if they already have 3 in the future) the day of and then head over to the park. If they do this, there is the possibility myself and maybe the little heads over to one of the parks on our Monday visit...

Upvote 0

Rapunzel287

Original Poster
Thanks, guys!!
I’ve already started doing the math with an off-side rental for three weeks vs. on-site value for no more than two weeks vs. renting DVC points.
It’s not that easy to compare prices because the european site still won’t show me anything for 2021 :rolleyes:.
Luckily there’s still some time, my pre-corona plan was Nov 20 and Feb 21.
Nevertheless those three days are still a little bit of a bummer.
So I’m with you @Gillyanne by hoping for some kind of additional days 🍀.
And as you said @macefamily, with the petition and the recent number of Covid19 cases in FL who knows how this is going to impact our plans...

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to have our vacations as currently planned🤞🏼.

Upvote 0

RickP330

I think all AP holders can reserve theme parks starting today without a Resort reservation. We had an existing resort planed for October and reserved 5 park days no problem. Yesterday we decided to reserve JAMBO house (in 31 days) and scored theme park reservations for all 5 days as well. No problem.
Curious as to when or if it will ever sell out. Good luck, try it today and let us know how it goes....
RP
We are out of state AP holders....

Upvote 0

Rapunzel287

Original Poster
Thanks @RickP330 , I just got -very easy and smooth- my 3 reservations for my Feb21 trip.
No problem there.

I think the safest bet will be to get a Resort reservation for Feb21 to make sure there are some more park days included.
Staying off-site and not being sure if there will be more than those 3 park days just doesn't feel good right now.
Cutting the vacation-time and staying on-site feels way better.

I used to enjoy those three-week vacations in a rental home the last couple of years and visiting the parks very spontaneously whenever I wanted to.
But I guess we are currently in a special situation so there has to be a little adjustment done with what used to be...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom