Trip Report Our Slightly Crazy All For Our Dear Lil’ Emy One Day MK “Worldwind” Trip...!!!!!

I’ve never done a formal TR here, as I generally tend to hang in the Chit Chat Chit Chat thread and do “mini TRs” of our travels (mostly non-Disney) there.
But, I felt (at least to me anyhoo ;)) this silly-fun trip merited a more “proper” TR...!!! :)

Warning, as this first post will be text-heavy...

Background:
Oldest DD called me on a Friday afternoon in mid August and asked...
“Hey dad, ya’ wanna’ go to Disney World for a day?!” My reply... “Seriously?!!!” (We live in Austin, Texas). But, DD had found some crazy-inexpensive airfare on JetBlue.
I was all up for it, of course, as we did many spur-of-the-moment road trips with our kiddos when they were younger, but, nothin’ on the scale of this “air trip”... oldest DD was kickin’ it up a notch...or two...or more...!!!!! :hilarious:
The original plan was for all 7 of us to go...
Oldest DD, SonIL, granddaughter (Emory - “Emy” in the title), DWifey, DS, youngest DD, and myself.
Unfortunately, I was the only other family member (besides the first 3 mentioned) that could make it schedule-wise.
The original trip date was scheduled for 9/3, but good ol’ Dorian jacked that up flight-wise...!!!!! :facepalm::bored::hilarious:;):)
No worries, as we had a family cruise (not Disney ;)) that we were all able to make from 10/5-10/12, and we simply rescheduled the “Worldwind” trip for 10/29...!!! :)
It was a beyond amazing quick trip...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
But, even though it was such a short trip, I still have a ton of pics and videos I need to go through...seems like more than if it would have actually been a week-long trip...!!!!! :hilarious:

OK, a quick intro to us 24 hour-ish turnaround, half-ish away across the country, WDW trip silly geese...!!! :D;):)

SonIL (Daniel), Oldest DD (Megan), Granddaughter (Emory - “Emy”), and my ol’ darn self (Steve - “Pappy”)...!!! :)

272DF976-11DC-41A5-A153-515D44AE86F7.jpeg

That pic was taken as we were were exiting the park, and Emy looks a bit tuckered, but, I assure y’all she had a most amazingly Magical first WDW visit...!!!!!!! :happy:

5798FA69-703C-410C-829C-B6D7471492AF.jpeg

OK gang, on that note I’m out for now, but, I’ll try to keep this TR updated on a timely basis...after all it was only one day...but, boy howdy, it was one incredibly AWESOME Magical day...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

donaldtoo

Original Poster
PART 18: A COUPLA’ CUTE VIDEOS...!!! :)

OK, finally gettin’ back to this TR...!!!!! :inlove::happy::)

(I’ve been havin’ problems with the quality of my iPhone videos that I’ve been uploading to my unlisted YouTube account. Please excuse the quality. I’ve looked for solutions through YouTube’s help and feedback section, other places on the internet, a coupla’ guys at the office (including our IT guy), and even an article SonIL sent me...all to no avail.....
My upload setting is at “full quality”, and I’m uploading only when connected to WiFi. All the videos are perfect when I watch them on my iPhone.
If by some chance anyone out there may have other suggestions, please PM me, as I want to be able to edit this out of this TR, one way or the other, in the future, for obvious “Emy reading it” ;) reasons...!!!!! :inlove::happy:
Thanks in advance for any help...!!!:))

As promised, a “coupla” ;) cute videos from our treasured, Magical, “Worldwind” trip...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy::inlove:

And, that last one up there I posted (for now;)) pretty much sums it all up...!!!!!!!:happy:

UP NEXT: PART 19 - WRAPUP...!!! :)

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

PART 18: A COUPLA’ CUTE VIDEOS...!!! :)

OK, finally gettin’ back to this TR...!!!!! :inlove::happy::)

(I’ve been havin’ problems with the quality of my iPhone videos that I’ve been uploading to my unlisted YouTube account. Please excuse the quality. I’ve looked for solutions through YouTube’s help and feedback section, other places on the internet, a coupla’ guys at the office (including our IT guy), and even an article SonIL sent me...all to no avail.....
My upload setting is at “full quality”, and I’m uploading only when connected to WiFi. All the videos are perfect when I watch them on my iPhone.
If by some chance anyone out there may have other suggestions, please PM me, as I want to be able to edit this out of this TR, one way or the other, in the future, for obvious “Emy reading it” ;) reasons...!!!!! :inlove::happy:
Thanks in advance for any help...!!!:))

As promised, a “coupla” ;) cute videos from our treasured, Magical, “Worldwind” trip...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy::inlove:

And, that last one up there I posted (for now;)) pretty much sums it all up...!!!!!!!:happy:

UP NEXT: PART 19 - WRAPUP...!!! :)

I love the Jungle Cruise videos! I love her expressions. She takes everything in and doesn't seem to let anything escape her vision. I love the daddy dance video, and the best part is the last couple of seconds. :inlove: :inlove: Thank you for sharing them.

donaldtoo

Original Poster
The absolute best video is the castle dance with her dad!

Thank you...!!! :)
I love them all, of course (and I have more ;)), but, that one will indeed be very special to our dear Emy someday reeeaaalllll sooonnnnnnn...!!!!! :happy:

That one is cute for sure!

Actually, my favorite is the part 2 version of the Jungle Cruise. It struck me so funny watching her looking all around, and taking it all in. If only we could know what her actual impressions were of that ride! :D

Thanks, Minnie...!!!:)
I too wonder the same thing every time I watch it... “I’m not exactly sure where Mommy, Daddy, and Pappy flew with me today, but, it sure is Magical...!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:;)

That’s easy - she clearly thought it was one of the best rides at MK (Or is that me who thinks that 😉)

Me too...!!!!!!! :joyfull:;):)

I love the Jungle Cruise videos! I love her expressions. She takes everything in and doesn't seem to let anything escape her vision. I love the daddy dance video, and the best part is the last couple of seconds. :inlove: :inlove: Thank you for sharing them.

Thank you so much, and you’re welcome...!!!:)
She definitely takes it all in by now, and it is so much fun to watch...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
It’s just all such a very special memory for us...!!!!! :happy:

donaldtoo

Original Poster
PART 19 - WRAPUP...!!! :)

Things have been pretty busy, but, honestly, our “Worldwind” one day trip with our dear lil’ Emy was so Magical that I’ve also kinda’ been puttin’ off the “WRAPUP” part...!!!;)
Although, it also feels kinda’ appropriate to do this on Thanksgiving Eve...sooooo many things to be thankful for, yet again, this year, and this trip was DEFINITELY one of those things...!!!!!:inlove::happy:

I highly recommend pullin’ some similar WDW trip stunt to anyone out there :hilarious:;), whether your 994 flight miles away :geek:, or more or less...priceless, unforgettable, and irreplaceable memories...we will be back again...!!!!!:happy:

I’d like to thank all of you that followed...thank you for taking the time to do so, and I truly hope y’all all enjoyed it...!!!!!:happy::)

I’d like to leave y’all with 2 pics...
The first is a three-peat ;), ‘cause I feel it just sums up the Magic of the whole trip...!!!!!:inlove:

9EA34966-590C-46D3-A6E1-C0C3B29C6D1B.jpeg

And, the second is a pin for Emy that sums up what the trip was really all about...!!!!!:happy:

2A57609D-5452-4DE9-A54A-AE257D075CD8.jpeg

And, to you again my dear Emy...
Your ol’ Pappy here cannot express enough the joy that I felt being with you at The Magic Kingdom on our silly-fun adventure that day...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Such a beyond Magical day that I will never forget, and I will always love you more than you could ever know...!!!!!!!:inlove::inlove::inlove::happy:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing your magical day with us! Your TR reflects all the love you have for Emy and your family.
Emy not only looks like a living doll, but her sweet disposition really shines through. :inlove:
You have every reason to be a proud and loving grandfather to her.

Thank you again, and here's hoping for more wonderful trips and new memories for you and your beautiful family! ✨😊

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think BOTH Emy and you are the luckiest people! So happy that the trip was so much fun for the entire family, and look at all those wonderful photos you'll have for years to come, to "re-live" the magic! :inlove: :happy:

Thanks for sharing your TR!

donaldtoo

Original Poster
Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing your magical day with us! Your TR reflects all the love you have for Emy and your family.
Emy not only looks like a living doll, but her sweet disposition really shines through. :inlove:
You have every reason to be a proud and loving grandfather to her.

Thank you again, and here's hoping for more wonderful trips and new memories for you and your beautiful family! ✨😊

How sweet of you, and thank you so very much...!!!:)
Emy is indeed a living doll and such a happy child...a proud and loving grandfather I am...it’s just impossible to be otherwise...!!!!! :happy:

There will definitely be more trips in the future...!!!:)

I can’t add any more to what @Nunu so eloquently said 🥰. Thanks!

Thank you so much...!!!:)

I think BOTH Emy and you are the luckiest people! So happy that the trip was so much fun for the entire family, and look at all those wonderful photos you'll have for years to come, to "re-live" the magic! :inlove: :happy:

Thanks for sharing your TR!

As always, thank you so very much, Minnie...!!!:)
Lucky indeed, and so VERY thankful for the trip and the forever Magical memories made with our dear lil’ Emy...!!!!!!! :inlove: :happy:

donaldtoo

Original Poster
Loved reading along, and thank you for sharing.
It was fun for me to watch you guys having fun!
Can't wait to read about your next adventures.

Thank you very much...!!!:)
I was able to share the trip in detail with my folks, and other family, today while at their home for Thanksgiving, and they thought it was sooo very fun, and very cool that we pulled it off, with all we got to do, just in and out on the same day...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Not quite sure when our next Disney adventure will be, but, I’m pretty sure it’ll be a bit longer than one day, and include the family members that couldn’t make this trip...!!!!! :happy:
Anyhoo, thanks again for following along...!!! :)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Original Poster
What a sweet adventure! I love the idea of a whirlwind trip with a sweet little person. You sound like a great grandpa. Emy is a lucky little lady.

Oh my, I’m so sorry I missed your post...!!!
For some reason my alerts get wonky...sometimes I get them and sometimes I don’t...the site seems to skip some sometimes...!!! :cyclops::)

Anyhoo...
Thank you so much...!!! :)
That kinda’ WDW trip wasn’t even a glint in my eye before oldest DD called me that afternoon, but, then I thought to myself... “Why the heck not...?!!!!!!! :joyfull:
After ours, I highly recommend the occasional “Worldwind” trip...!!!!! :happy:

Again, thank you so much for your kind words...!!! :)

fractal

PART 19 - WRAPUP...!!! :)

Things have been pretty busy, but, honestly, our “Worldwind” one day trip with our dear lil’ Emy was so Magical that I’ve also kinda’ been puttin’ off the “WRAPUP” part...!!!;)
Although, it also feels kinda’ appropriate to do this on Thanksgiving Eve...sooooo many things to be thankful for, yet again, this year, and this trip was DEFINITELY one of those things...!!!!!:inlove::happy:

I highly recommend pullin’ some similar WDW trip stunt to anyone out there :hilarious:;), whether your 994 flight miles away :geek:, or more or less...priceless, unforgettable, and irreplaceable memories...we will be back again...!!!!!:happy:

I’d like to thank all of you that followed...thank you for taking the time to do so, and I truly hope y’all all enjoyed it...!!!!!:happy::)

I’d like to leave y’all with 2 pics...
The first is a three-peat ;), ‘cause I feel it just sums up the Magic of the whole trip...!!!!!:inlove:

View attachment 429086

And, the second is a pin for Emy that sums up what the trip was really all about...!!!!!:happy:

View attachment 429089

And, to you again my dear Emy...
Your ol’ Pappy here cannot express enough the joy that I felt being with you at The Magic Kingdom on our silly-fun adventure that day...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Such a beyond Magical day that I will never forget, and I will always love you more than you could ever know...!!!!!!!:inlove::inlove::inlove::happy:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing not only your trip report, photos and videos but also you pure emotions and love for your family (and WDW). Truly made me smile!

donaldtoo

Original Poster
Awesome! Thanks for sharing not only your trip report, photos and videos but also you pure emotions and love for your family (and WDW). Truly made me smile!

Wow, thank you so much for all your kind words, and I’m so glad you enjoyed it...!!!:)
I’ve always enjoyed the candor, and obvious love you have for your whole family in your reports, as well, along with your AWESOME photography...!!!:)

Once we got through the tunnel into Town Square, we all kinda’ just stopped, looked at each other with huge smiles, and said “We did it...!!! We pulled it off...!!!!! We’re really here...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
And then a few times during the day oldest DD and myself kinda’ said similar to each other...!!! :)
And, at the risk of soundin’ corny, it really was kinda’ surreal...I mean, we really weren’t thinkin’ about plannin’ another WDW trip for another 2-3 years...but, that’ll probably be revised now...!!!!!:hilarious:
Anyhoo, I ramble...darn you Disney...!!!🤪😁
Thanks again for your kind words, and for following along...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom