Trip Report Our Slightly Crazy All For Our Dear Lil’ Emy One Day MK “Worldwind” Trip...!!!!!

I’ve never done a formal TR here, as I generally tend to hang in the Chit Chat Chit Chat thread and do “mini TRs” of our travels (mostly non-Disney) there.
But, I felt (at least to me anyhoo ;)) this silly-fun trip merited a more “proper” TR...!!! :)

Warning, as this first post will be text-heavy...

Background:
Oldest DD called me on a Friday afternoon in mid August and asked...
“Hey dad, ya’ wanna’ go to Disney World for a day?!” My reply... “Seriously?!!!” (We live in Austin, Texas). But, DD had found some crazy-inexpensive airfare on JetBlue.
I was all up for it, of course, as we did many spur-of-the-moment road trips with our kiddos when they were younger, but, nothin’ on the scale of this “air trip”... oldest DD was kickin’ it up a notch...or two...or more...!!!!! :hilarious:
The original plan was for all 7 of us to go...
Oldest DD, SonIL, granddaughter (Emory - “Emy” in the title), DWifey, DS, youngest DD, and myself.
Unfortunately, I was the only other family member (besides the first 3 mentioned) that could make it schedule-wise.
The original trip date was scheduled for 9/3, but good ol’ Dorian jacked that up flight-wise...!!!!! :facepalm::bored::hilarious:;):)
No worries, as we had a family cruise (not Disney ;)) that we were all able to make from 10/5-10/12, and we simply rescheduled the “Worldwind” trip for 10/29...!!! :)
It was a beyond amazing quick trip...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
But, even though it was such a short trip, I still have a ton of pics and videos I need to go through...seems like more than if it would have actually been a week-long trip...!!!!! :hilarious:

OK, a quick intro to us 24 hour-ish turnaround, half-ish away across the country, WDW trip silly geese...!!! :D;):)

SonIL (Daniel), Oldest DD (Megan), Granddaughter (Emory - “Emy”), and my ol’ darn self (Steve - “Pappy”)...!!! :)

272DF976-11DC-41A5-A153-515D44AE86F7.jpeg

That pic was taken as we were were exiting the park, and Emy looks a bit tuckered, but, I assure y’all she had a most amazingly Magical first WDW visit...!!!!!!! :happy:

5798FA69-703C-410C-829C-B6D7471492AF.jpeg

OK gang, on that note I’m out for now, but, I’ll try to keep this TR updated on a timely basis...after all it was only one day...but, boy howdy, it was one incredibly AWESOME Magical day...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

donaldtoo

Original Poster
Fantastic! I can't wait to see more. :)

Thanks...!!! :)

Her face in that second picture! :inlove:😍

Thank you...!!! :) I know, simply priceless...!!!!! :inlove::happy:

Oh my gosh, how exciting! I did a one-day trip with my mom once to surprise her before she had major surgery. It was SO much fun!

Very cool what you did for your mom...!!! :) Our trip was indeed a BLAST...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

I like how you chose your Disneyland t-shirt to wear at WDW! :joyfull:
Can't wait to hear about Emy's adventures. :happy:

Thanks, Minnie...!!! :)
As crazy as it sounds, I don't even own a WDW shirt...!!!!! :eek:o_O:D:hilarious:

Here for the fun!!!

Thanks...!!! :)

I’m in!!!!!

Cool, and thank you...!!! :)

Again, thanks to all of you, and I'll try and post some more about our crazy lil' ;) trip tonight...!!!!! :happy:

MySmallWorldof4

I’ve never done a formal TR here, as I generally tend to hang in the Chit Chat Chit Chat thread and do “mini TRs” of our travels (mostly non-Disney) there.
But, I felt (at least to me anyhoo ;)) this silly-fun trip merited a more “proper” TR...!!! :)

Warning, as this first post will be text-heavy...

Background:
Oldest DD called me on a Friday afternoon in mid August and asked...
“Hey dad, ya’ wanna’ go to Disney World for a day?!” My reply... “Seriously?!!!” (We live in Austin, Texas). But, DD had found some crazy-inexpensive airfare on JetBlue.
I was all up for it, of course, as we did many spur-of-the-moment road trips with our kiddos when they were younger, but, nothin’ on the scale of this “air trip”... oldest DD was kickin’ it up a notch...or two...or more...!!!!! :hilarious:
The original plan was for all 7 of us to go...
Oldest DD, SonIL, granddaughter (Emory - “Emy” in the title), DWifey, DS, youngest DD, and myself.
Unfortunately, I was the only other family member (besides the first 3 mentioned) that could make it schedule-wise.
The original trip date was scheduled for 9/3, but good ol’ Dorian jacked that up flight-wise...!!!!! :facepalm::bored::hilarious:;):)
No worries, as we had a family cruise (not Disney ;)) that we were all able to make from 10/5-10/12, and we simply rescheduled the “Worldwind” trip for 10/29...!!! :)
It was a beyond amazing quick trip...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
But, even though it was such a short trip, I still have a ton of pics and videos I need to go through...seems like more than if it would have actually been a week-long trip...!!!!! :hilarious:

OK, a quick intro to us 24 hour-ish turnaround, half-ish away across the country, WDW trip silly geese...!!! :D;):)

SonIL (Daniel), Oldest DD (Megan), Granddaughter (Emory - “Emy”), and my ol’ darn self (Steve - “Pappy”)...!!! :)

View attachment 421768

That pic was taken as we were were exiting the park, and Emy looks a bit tuckered, but, I assure y’all she had a most amazingly Magical first WDW visit...!!!!!!! :happy:

View attachment 421771

OK gang, on that note I’m out for now, but, I’ll try to keep this TR updated on a timely basis...after all it was only one day...but, boy howdy, it was one incredibly AWESOME Magical day...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:
Hooray! This tr is making my day!

donaldtoo

Original Poster
OK gang, between “ketchupping” at work and Halloween, I’m finally gettin’ back to this TR...but, first a little Halloween fun...!!! :)

Our office costume party participants, including another group from the company across the hall who happened to also dress up as the Scooby-Doo gang...and yes, those are real dogs in the pics...!!!!! :hilarious:
Also, Aladdin “flyin’” on his magic carpet won the $150 first place prize...!!! :)

B78FF0A3-4678-4DC1-BD3C-270ADF4B5D0A.jpeg
904A2A0D-C9A5-4E54-9DA9-3EFA9145C908.jpeg
B491C368-F5CA-462D-8476-1A582612E243.jpeg

And some family pics...!!! :)

Emy and her folks went as The Aristocats...!!!!! :happy:

B224A6EF-70F2-4A26-A065-32F365867055.jpeg

9173FC4D-F709-47B8-8082-5329AA0217CA.jpeg

And, Auntie Sarah went as a tri-Sarah-tops...!!!!! :hilarious:

B07D4E45-8C07-41C3-8736-3E8C8423E882.jpeg

Sorry for the detour gang, but, thanks for indulging me...!!! ;):)

I promise the next post will be about the actual WDW trip...!!!!! :D:hilarious:;):)

donaldtoo

Original Poster
I love this already. Your enthusiasm has me hooked. I think you should become one of the regulars in the TR thread!!

Oh my, thank you...!!! :)
I definitely would if we took more regular Disney trips, but, the last one we took before this one was for the Princess 5K in Feb. of ‘16. On that one we were only there from the 17th-20th, and only had one MK day and one Epcot day. The last week-long family trip we took was in June of ‘13, and not sure when we’ll be scheduling another, at this point. But, with Emy now a part of our gang, I’m sure it won’t be too far off...!!! ;):)
Again, thank you so very much for the warm welcome to the TR forum...!!! :)

So, obviously, my next post wasn’t all about our WDW trip, and now I feel compelled to also post a coupla’ pics from our 2016 Princess 5K trip...see what you did to me with your warm welcome @Zipitidoda ...?!!!!! :D:hilarious:;):)

B5C51E06-6F94-4FB7-8EDF-A00292B8E146.jpeg
C39A6DD1-8D40-4C35-87FC-86517873E2AB.jpeg

donaldtoo

Original Poster
PART 1 - TIME AT THE AIRPORT AND BOARDING OUR FLIGHT...!!!

OK, so now on with day one of the TR...wait 🤔.....never mind, as it was only ONE day...!!!!! :D:rolleyes::hilarious:;):)

This would be our dear lil’ Emy’s MK outfit for the day...!!!!! :inlove::happy:

F5EB6C93-0D65-41B9-BA90-E7E28885E3C3.jpeg

I crashed at the kiddos (DME - Daniel, Megan, and Emy’s ;)) house the night before and we all got up about 3:30a to get ready to head to the airport.
It was cool and Drizella ;) out, but, we got to the airport in about the usual hour drive.
We were through security in no time, like poop through a goose (OK, I’ll stop now :rolleyes:;)), and headed to get a little chow.

CB7C25CE-2B50-435F-A04D-B367C614AF4E.jpeg

FF4721D7-D3FF-4603-891D-897EE84770AB.jpeg

C75EC63C-3CBE-464A-AAFD-0BBE6D2CA65B.jpeg

AD137F4C-EB5E-42C7-8AE7-E5F890353434.jpeg

FB29E06D-CAAA-4EF9-BCFC-CD39AE204AC3.jpeg

Our JetBlue flight was runnin’ on time. Scheduled to leave ABIA at 7a Texas time and arrive at MCO at 10:34 Florida time. ;)
We boarded on time, and soon Emy was out like a light...!!! 😴😊

D951558D-C2D2-4360-A78D-FAEBBBD8839F.jpeg

9ACAD2AD-93D1-4B16-92DE-975837456E0E.jpeg

6635BB98-0218-49EF-8543-6217977AFCA6.jpeg

D95671F7-4FA8-48B8-AE3F-1D3C9C9182CC.jpeg

UP NEXT: PART 2 - FLIGHT FUN AND ARRIVAL AT MCO...!!!

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Original Poster
PART 2 - FLIGHT FUN AND ARRIVAL AT MCO...!!!

So, we’re sittin’ on the plane waitin’ for the announcement that we’re good to go. 7a rolls around and nothin’ yet. A coupla’ minutes later the Captain announces that they’re havin’ a problem gettin’ a forward panel to work (close?) properly. Maintenance was on it, but, it could take at least 15-20 mins., and to keep our fingers crossed that it would be a simple fix...what a way to start this adventure...!!!!! :bored::hilarious:
About 25 mins. later the Captain announces that the problem has been resolved and we’re 100% safe to go. He said he was gonna’ still try to get close to an on time arrival by varying route and speed...*sighs of relief*
We waited about 5 more mins. for pushback, and then headed out to get in line for takeoff...and then we waited...and waited...and waited.......
At one point the Captain announced we were 3rd in line for departure. IIRC, it was about 7:50-ish before we were finally airborne.
Then, a few minutes later, still climbing, we ran into some “fun” turbulence in a weather system over the Houston area. It lasted a good 8-10 mins., and DD said it was the worst she had ever experienced. SonIL and myself reassured her we had both experienced worse, nobody on the flight panicked, and Emy slept through all of it, and pretty much the entire flight..!!!!! :hilarious:

Some calmer air east of Houston and still climbing...!!! :)

2838CB86-781D-43E9-A67C-1CBC20FEDB05.jpeg

I feel, at this point, I should point out that I absolutely LOVE to fly...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
In everything from large airliners to my favorite...a gyroplane, which I’ve actually piloted before, including a few takeoffs and landings...!!!!! :happy:

B9515579-4594-4816-8495-9CA3AD196AF9.jpeg

1D9EF5A1-FB03-42A9-B7B1-A8B5B448796E.jpeg

Anyhoo, the rest of the flight was uneventful, and even though the Captain wasn’t able to make up nearly all the time lost, we were a reasonable (under the circumstances ;)) 26 mins. late when we touched down at MCO right at 11a...!!! :)

335B467F-AE28-4549-9E16-265B72701040.jpeg

“Mono-ishrail”...?! 🤔
I know, I know...“fonorail”..!!!!! :D:hilarious:

897CF54F-726B-4297-B051-3B7277DE8776.jpeg

In these next two pics you can tell I’m tryin’ to contain my excitement...!!!!! :hilarious:;)

F5B87990-8301-46FC-9918-C8304AB5B882.jpeg

109F5D13-B11B-4F5C-BD5C-1D5B6230739D.jpeg

Only Megan and Emy in this pic, as Daniel had made a dash to find the closest potty...!!! ;):)

8F1360FF-497E-4A99-8922-668CAB716D5C.jpeg

UP NEXT: PART 3 - ARRIVAL AT WDW AND MK...!!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom