Trip Report Our Second Secret Trip

My DW and I have just come back from our 2nd “don’t tell our DS we went to Disneyworld without him” trip. The boy is in college and what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him, but I digress.
We stayed at the Dolphin and as our friends from England say It was “very nice indeed.” We enjoyed a clean, comfortable room that met our needs.
Having stayed at deluxe resorts for many years I was a little worried about “downgrading” but that was not the case at all.
We managed very well without the DME, we always retrieve and carry our own bags on non-Disney vacations, so we did not miss it, or the other “perks.” I would stay there again and recommend it to others.
We visited the new galaxy’s edge I’ll just say my fascination with science fiction sort of ended with “Robbie the Robot.”
We explored the rest of the parks and my DW commented we should come back when the new attractions are done, I told her we have been saying that for 25 years.
It might just be that I’m getting old and turning into a curmudgeon, but I felt that some areas of the park were shabby, I don’t remember them like that and that some of the attractions could use some TLC.
The parks were busy, but we never felt “packed in” and it was a great vacation.
Every trip we each plan a special meal or event. I surprised my DW with a special dinner, when we were planning this trip, I told her all I wanted was a jumbo turkey leg while I secretly made reservations at V&A. I kept it a secret for as long as I could, but I finally had to breakdown and tell her where we were going a week before the trip. I was kissed and cursed at the same time. Kissed for not wanting my special meal to be a turkey leg and for making this special reservation and cursed for not giving her enough time to prepare. She looked wonderful and the meal was outstanding. We are not big drinkers, but we enjoyed the wine pairing as well.
Her special meal was at Monsieur Paul we had the full menu “degustation”, how my DW can eat escargot I will never know.
Staying at the Dolphin my DW surprised me with a dinner reservation at Shula’s so I thoroughly enjoyed my lobster bisque, sirloin steak, creamed spinach and key lime pie.
We had breakfast at both Picabu and Market Buffet and both were enjoyable. We also did our traditional breakfast at the Kona Café.
Our other dinners were Rose & Crown, bangers and mash and sticky toffee pudding and Il Mulino and a pretty good veal chop.
My DW once asked me where I wanted to be buried, I told her “surprise me’” but told her to make sure my tombstone read “He ate well.”
Our DS has been hinting since last spring that a trip to WDW would be a great graduation present. I suppose we must consider it, but we are both enjoying our “empty nest” vacations.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Sounds like you two had a great time, the restaurants picked and food sound delicious!

Your tombstone phrase of choice made me smile, good one!

Empty Nesters WDW vacations are fantastic (we are too), keep'em coming! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom