Trip Report Our "It's 'Disney' real" June 2016 trip

We're back!!:(:( We had a fantastic time with some not so fantastic moments thrown in, but what trip doesn't have those!

For those of you that haven't read my pre-trip report, here is a quick synopsis:
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, and our kids Logan (13), Lily (11), and Owen (8)
What: 10 day trip with free dining
When: June 2-11, 2016
Where: Caribbean Beach resort

Unfortunately, our flight was set to leave from Columbus at 5:30am. We live in Dayton, which is a little over an hour away from Columbus, so my goal was to leave our house by 3am on Thursday, June 2. We made it!!

Everyone was very excited!

We made it to the airport before the security check even opened!:eek: By the time we got our bags checked in to Southwest, we only had to wait a few minutes to get through security.
We were in early boarding group A, so we were on the plane in no time! Still excited!

We got to see the sun coming up once we were in the air.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Finally there:

I offered to buy everyone a cupcake for breakfast, I wasn't even going to make anyone share!! And we ended up with a cheese danish, a cinnamon roll, a chocolate, chocolate chip muffin, and .... a BAGEL!:eek: Not even toasted, no cream cheese, no jelly, nothing! Just a plain bagel! What is wrong with my kids? I had a Darth Vader peanut butter cupcake! It was delicious!!

The view from our table:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We then headed over to ride Star Tours, as we didn't have a FP+ for it, and the time was still at 15 minutes. We stopped on the way over for this fantastic PhotoPass pic! (I think this one beats yours @blgauger !!)

What really bothers me is that he was having trouble with his scanner, so we stood there forever while he worked on it, then the pic wasn't even good! He also tried to use it in the cute Zootopia video they do where the pic ends up on Nick's phone!
We walked past the building with the Frozen sing along.

Before we got all the way over there, we noticed Olaf only had a 10 minute wait. We couldn't pass that up!

LisaBelle

Congratulations on being the Trolley Car Family of the Day. What a fun experience! Hopefully it helped to make up for getting to the park so early.
Glad the kids loved RnRC! The ride photos are great.
Sorry no one wanted to ride ToT with you.
What a shame about the PP photo. It looked like it would have been a real keeper if it had turned out the way it should have :(.
So jealous you got to meet Olaf. I just love him! Love his "signature".
Can't believe no one took you up on cupcakes for breakfast :eek:. The Darth Vader cupcake is making me drool right now.
Next time we can tour together and I will ride ToT with you and you can buy me a cupcake for breakfast ;) .

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Congratulations on being the Trolley Car Family of the Day. What a fun experience! Hopefully it helped to make up for getting to the park so early.
Glad the kids loved RnRC! The ride photos are great.
Sorry no one wanted to ride ToT with you.
What a shame about the PP photo. It looked like it would have been a real keeper if it had turned out the way it should have :(.
So jealous you got to meet Olaf. I just love him! Love his "signature".
Can't believe no one took you up on cupcakes for breakfast :eek:. The Darth Vader cupcake is making me drool right now.
Next time we can tour together and I will ride ToT with you and you can buy me a cupcake for breakfast ;) .
Thanks! I will gladly buy you a breakfast cupcake in exchange for riding ToT with me!!:D
I know the feeling. The Darth Vader cupcake has been a favorite of mine for a number of years now. Oh how I'd love to have one right about NOW!!! But alas . . . :banghead: It's only once a year for me when I go to WDW.
Everyone always talks about the Butterfinger cupcake, but I much prefer the Peanut Butter one! In fact, I didn't really care for the Butterfinger one!:eek:

fractal

We were the second group at our turnstile. I passed the time by taking pics:

We were discussing our plan of attack while standing there. Originally, we had planned that 1 of us would take Logan to ride RnR and the other would take Lily and Owen to ride Toy Story. Well, while we were standing there, Lily and Owen decided they wanted to try RnR. Brian was thrilled, as that is one of his favorite rides!
It was 8:30, and we could tell they were getting ready to let people through the turnstiles. We were approached by a CM and adked if we wanted to be the Trolley Car Family of the Day. We said sure! It entailed opening the Starbucks!
I was able to get a few pics as we were lead down the street to Starbucks.

Once there, we entered the building to applause from all the CMs, and the kids got to "flip all the switches" on the trolley car board.

We were given a free beverage each! Unfortunately, Brian and I are not coffee drinkers, so we chose bottles of Coke, the boys got milk. Lily at least chose some frozen concoction! We also received We're Celebrating pins that said we were the Trolley Car Family of the Day, and 2 extra Fastpasses. One was the yellow slip they hand out that have to be used that day, and one was a rider swap return where 5 people could use it for the next 10 days (I think)!
This was our view when we exited Starbucks:
Very Cool!

and since you're offering, I'll take a Red Velvet cupcake please. :D

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Trolley Car Family of the Day - how cool is that?!

I'm so glad they have a meet and greet for Olaf, we can't wait to meet him on our next visit!
It was pretty cool!
It was neat to meet Olaf. The kids really enjoyed it!
Thanks for reading!
Very Cool!

and since you're offering, I'll take a Red Velvet cupcake please. :D
Anytime!!

blreinsel

Oh my goodness.. that pictures is terrible! Do they not even look at the pictures after they take them? I would be willing to wait a few minutes longer for a picture if I knew it was going to be A+ quality. Such a bummer. :(

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Oh my goodness.. that pictures is terrible! Do they not even look at the pictures after they take them? I would be willing to wait a few minutes longer for a picture if I knew it was going to be A+ quality. Such a bummer. :(
I couldn't believe how bad every single one of the pics from that stop were! We had another one later on that was totally out of focus, but at least there were other good pics taken at the same time!
How exciting that you got to be trolley car family of the day!! :) loving the report and the ohotos are great. Im surprised no one wanted to get a cupcake with you!! But glad to hear you guys enjoyed everything
Thanks! I was amazed that no one else wanted a cupcake! It certainly didn't and never will stop me from getting one!!
Great report, terrific pictures and wonderful family!
Thanks for reading!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Next up was lunch. Logan had been begging to go to Sci-Fi Dine-In since we only ordered shakes 2 years ago when we went. He wasn't very impressed, so I think this will probably be the last time we eat there for awhile. I can say I'm not terribly upset with that decision!

The best part of the whole meal:

Lily and Owen got the mac and cheese and Logan got the cheeseburger, all from the kids menu. The waitress was very nice and got us small bottles of water to take with us at the end of the meal since the kids ordered milkshakes instead of drinks with their meals! I apparently didn't find Logan's burger interesting enough to photograph, but here is a pic of the mac and cheese.

I got the grilled chicken salad. (I needed to make myself feel better after having a cupcake for breakfast! However, there was bacon and some sort of full fat ranch dressing, so I guess it wasn't really any better for me!!)

Brian had the wings, mozzarella cheese stick, and onion ring sampler. I do love their onion rings!

No dessert, as we were paying out of pocket and everyone was stuffed! I don't think any of us even finished our meals!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom