Our Itinerary...Please comment

Wannabe Walt

I'm SOOOO Excited! We booked our trip the other night! WOOO! lol. So we're going from May 22-30 (which is new for us...we've always gone in Feb). Another major difference is our party. Usually, it is my dad, mom, 11 yr old bro, and myself (16). This time it is: My mom, brother, me. AND (for their first trip ever) our cousins: Linda (adult) and her two kids (13 and 9). So they didn't know much about planning a trip, or much about WDW in general, which is why my mom, bro, and I are "going with them" lol. Here's what we've booked and reserved:
- 2 Standard-Rooms at Coronado Springs
- Magic Your Ways tickets + Park Hopper + Water Park and More Fun! Options (we got the amazing promotion that made us only have to pay for Base tickets!!!).
- Disney Dining Plan
- Airfare
- 8 Table Service Restaurants (here's where I really want some input from you all):
- Tony's Town Square 7:40 PM
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater 3:55 PM
- San Angel Inn Restaurante 7:30 PM
- Crystal Palace 8:00 PM
- Chef Mickey's 9:00 AM
- Coral Reef Restaurant 7:40 PM
- Boma - Flavors of Africa 7:30 PM
- Whispering Canyon Cafe 6:20 PM
We've checked out the park hours and all and extra-magic-hours and decided our dining based upon that info. Soooo...to us, it looks good. I just want to know what you all think of our trip from what I've told you? :D

Chape19714

Looks good! Those are some of my favorite restraunts in the entire resort! Enjoy your trip!

Please alow up to 1.5 hours to reach your destination during busy periods, if using Disney Transportation. This is espically true from Resort to Resort, but is normally much quicker from park to resort.

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
1.5 hours? geeeeez lol... the lady on the phone recommended 45 minutes. Hopefully crowds won't be TOO bad! Accourding to Birnbaum's the time we are going is about as crowded as when we go in Feb.

Upvote 0

toadh63

Usually, it is my dad, mom, 11 yr old bro, and myself (16). This time it is: My mom, brother, me. AND (for their first trip ever) our cousins: Linda (adult) and her two kids (13 and 9).

...- Boma - Flavors of Africa 7:30 PM

Have you checked out the menu for Boma online? Usually, it's not a problem, but, sometimes the food's a little bit out there (especially if a guest is too old for the kid's menu). Same kinda thing happens at Morocco - a lot of folks won't try middle eastern food. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
Well we picked Boma because Birnbaum's ranked it 2nd best for Familes with Children so we figured that was a good sign and the lady on the WDW-DINE # recommended it as well. I'll check out the menu though. Thanks!

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

Okay.. first of all anything u choose at DisneyWorld is gonna be awesome but you wanted input so here's what i think :

Tony's Town Square 7:40 PM (I would change this to Liberty Tree Tavern which is also inside the Magic Kingdom but to me has better food.. its set up like thanksgiving dinner.. and also has characters who come to your table and a lot more ambiance.)

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater 3:55 PM (This is a cool place and I always have fun there)

San Angel Inn Restaurante 7:30 PM (I love mexican food and really love the way this place looks inside but the food is terrible compared to local mexican places so I wouldnt go back here. Instead I would choose the Biergaren which is also in Epcot and also has a similar feel but has slightly better food. La Celliar would be the best choice tho for good food i think.. but Biergarten has great atmosphere for larger groups)

Crystal Palace 8:00 PM (I never been here but its supposed to have the best buffett food so this sounds like a great choice.. and its right at the end of mainstreet.. how awesome is that!)

Chef Mickey's 9:00 AM (I know people like this for the food but I really cant get past the horrible area its in.. to me it feels way too open and feels like im eating at an airport or something.. im just not a big fan of where they put it. Instead I would choose something like Whispering Canyon Cafe at the nearby Wilderness Lodge resort. Or maybe Ohana's at the nearby Poly.. or better yet.. the Crystal Palace for breakfast while doing Libery Tree for my character dinner)

Coral Reef Restaurant 7:40 PM (I never been here so i really cant say.. but i still would choose La Celliar over it because i read a few bad things about it while never reading anything bad about La Celliar which is also in Epcot.)

Boma - Flavors of Africa 7:30 PM (I never did it but I only read great things about it and want to try it! I would keep this one!)

Whispering Canyon Cafe 6:20 PM (Love this place.. totally fun!)

++++++++++ Where is Ohana's at the Poly??? By far my favorite place to eat dinner at.. both in terms of good food and amazing ambiance!!! Id replace coral reef with ohana ;)

Upvote 0

MJMcBride

Okay.. first of all anything u choose at DisneyWorld is gonna be awesome but you wanted input so here's what i think :

Tony's Town Square 7:40 PM (I would change this to Liberty Tree Tavern which is also inside the Magic Kingdom but to me has better food.. its set up like thanksgiving dinner.. and also has characters who come to your table and a lot more ambiance.)

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater 3:55 PM (This is a cool place and I always have fun there)

San Angel Inn Restaurante 7:30 PM (I love mexican food and really love the way this place looks inside but the food is terrible compared to local mexican places so I wouldnt go back here. Instead I would choose the Biergaren which is also in Epcot and also has a similar feel but has slightly better food. La Celliar would be the best choice tho for good food i think.. but Biergarten has great atmosphere for larger groups)

Crystal Palace 8:00 PM (I never been here but its supposed to have the best buffett food so this sounds like a great choice.. and its right at the end of mainstreet.. how awesome is that!)

Chef Mickey's 9:00 AM (I know people like this for the food but I really cant get past the horrible area its in.. to me it feels way too open and feels like im eating at an airport or something.. im just not a big fan of where they put it. Instead I would choose something like Whispering Canyon Cafe at the nearby Wilderness Lodge resort. Or maybe Ohana's at the nearby Poly.. or better yet.. the Crystal Palace for breakfast while doing Libery Tree for my character dinner)

Coral Reef Restaurant 7:40 PM (I never been here so i really cant say.. but i still would choose La Celliar over it because i read a few bad things about it while never reading anything bad about La Celliar which is also in Epcot.)

Boma - Flavors of Africa 7:30 PM (I never did it but I only read great things about it and want to try it! I would keep this one!)

++++++++++ Where is Ohana's at the Poly??? By far my favorite place to eat dinner at.. both in terms of good food and amazing ambiance!!! Id replace coral reef with ohana ;)

I couldn't disagree more on some of your critiques. They have ruined LTT with that family style nonsense. San Angel Inn is great, have the margaruita.
Chef Mickey's is the best spot for character breakfast as its so wide open making it easy to watch the characters. Plus, the napkin dancing is fun for the kiddies. I do love Le Cellier and 'ohana and would dump Crystal Palace and Coral Reef myself

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

I have to agree with these suggestions. I ate at both Tony's and Liberty Tree and I think LTT is a much better choice. Crystal Palace is good, one of the better buffets. My favorite place to eat in Epcot is the Rose and Crown. I never ate at the Coral Reef but read some bad reviews also. Whispering Canyon is so much fun, we eat there every time. If you can, defiantely try to schedule in Ohana's for dinner, you will not be disapointed. Chef Mickey's is a must do for breakfast in my opinion. Well have fun deciding :wave:

Upvote 0

Dagger

I went in late April 2001 and mid-May 2003 and found it to be an average crowd... moreso than the beginning of December, but a lot less than full blown summer. Have fun!

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I read some horrible reviews about Coral Reef before my trip too, but we went and it was really one of our better meals food-wise. Maybe our other choices were bad? haha. The service was great, too, our waitress gave us lots of time and chatted with us about our trip for a bit.

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great tips guys! During our 2001 trip, my family ate at Coral Reef and LOVED IT! That's why we're doing it again. Also, we chose Tony's over LTT (which we strongly considered) because we wanted to get an Italian meal in and we couldn't fit the one in World Showcase in anywhere. I am going to investigate the Boma vs Ohana issue though and see which one looks better for us. Is there any kind of penalty for changing reservations after we've made them??? :( I hope not.

Upvote 0

hillbilly1170

Have a Great Time

I'll give you some imput:

We ate at Tony's town Square already and enjoyed it. Frankly most of the Magic Kingdom restraunts are really just average. I've eaten at the Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, The liberty Inn Tavern and I've felt they all are on the same playing field. The big draw with those is that they have Character meals where Winnie the Pooh and friends are at the Crystal Palace, All the princesses are at the Royal Table, and Chip and Dale and others reside at the Liberty Tree Tavern. I had a good time at all of these, but they didn't compare to the restraunts at Epcot.

I never ate at the Sci Fi Diner at MGM. I've eaten at the Brown Derby, Momma Melroses, and Hollywood and Vine. This year we are going to try the 50's prime time cafe. The Brown Derby is very good but pricey, Hollywood and vine is a buffet and was average, I personally wasn't enthused with Momma Melroses. We've done the Pizza Planet lunch thing also and it wasn't too great. If your going to use one of the meal plans at MGM, I really would try the Brown Derby.

IMOP Epcot is the place to use your meals. We've eaten at San Angel and enjoyed our meals. Germany has a pretty good buffet, Norways buffet is fair, I think some of the cusine is prepared cold so it might not be for everyone. We always eat lunch at chefs de France. Italy is fair. Le Cellier is terrific if you like steak. Japan has a restraunt that prepares you meal right in front of you (sort of like a Bennyhanna), and is out of this world. It's pricy but if it's part of the meal plan, you'll get your money's worth. China restraunt is very good also. I have eaten at the Coral Reef and it is probably the only restraunt that I won't go back to. Atmosphere is great but the food was less than desired.

I never ate at Chef Mickeys or the Boma but want to try both. I've eaten at the Whispering Canyon Cafe and loved it! Don't forget to get the never ending milkshakes. Some of the other resort area restraunts I would recommend are The cape may cafe and beaches and cream(lunch or desert) at the Beach Club. The flying fish or the Big River Grille at Boardwalk. Rainforest Cafe is decent at either Animal Kingdom or DTD.

We go to the hoop de doo every year and have gone to the spirit of Aloha. There pretty good, but my understanding is you have to use 2 meals in your plan to go. That might be pretty pricey.

These are just some restraunt to think about. I'm sure you'll probably enjoy wherever you eat at, unless your pretty picky with food. Fortunatley I'm not picky so, other than the coral reef, I would try just about anything. I thought about doing the meal plan also, but I just couldn't see me eating that much food. Every year I go I usually eat one big meal and maybe something small each day. With the meal plan I probably wouldn't be disiplined enough to eat until I was full. Most likely I would over endulge to get my money's worth. Have a great time and I'm interested to hear back on how the meal plan worked out for you. I might try it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom