Our Itinary for December Trip - Opinions Please

Cinderella1976

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to get your opinions/advice on my itinary for our trip. Do you think it is too much planning? I drive my husband and kids crazy so I just wanted to hear what you all think. I have three girls ages 11, 6, & 4. We are staying for 8 nights. We chose not to get the park hopper that is why I only planned one park for each day. I just think we would accomplish more if we aren't running around from park to park. I also try to schedule our dining reservations for whatever park will we be in that day. Thanks guys!!:wave:

Thursday, November 29th
Arrive @ MCO around 2:00 PM
Check in @ Grand Floridian / Unpack
Hang around resort / pool
Dinner @ Ohana's @ 7:00 PM

Firday, November 30th
Go to the Magic Kingdom (Get there for the opening show)
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace @ 9:30 AM
Watch Wishes @ 6:00 PM (MVMCP that night)
Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare @ 7:15 PM (at our resort)

Saturday, December 1
Go to Animal Kingdom
Go back to Grand Floridian to rest and get ready for dinner
Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue @ 7:15 PM

Sunday, December 2
Husband plays golf
Kids and I hang around resort
Go to Magic Kingdom (Afternoon)
Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern
Attend MVMCP @ 7:00 PM

Monday, December 3
Breakfast @ Chef Mickey's @ 9:30 AM
Go to Epcot
Dinner @ Le Cellier @ 6:15 PM
Illuminations Cruise (arrive for cruise @ 8:30 PM for 9:30 show)

Tuesday, December 4
Sleep in
Go to MGM
Dinner @ Sci-Fi @ 5:00 PM
Fantasmic @ 7:00 PM
Go see the Osborne Lights @ 7:30 PM

Wednesday, December 5
Husband plays golf, again :lol:
Take kids (ages 6 & 4) to the Pirate Adventure @ our resort
Go to the Magic Kingdom (in the afternoon)
Watch Spectro Magic / Wishes

Thursday, December 6
Sleep in
Go back to Epcot
Lunch @ Akershus @ 12:00 PM
Hang out at Epcot, do whatever we missed or want to do again
Go to the Poly for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show @ 8:00 PM

Friday, December 7
Check Out @ 11:00 AM
Go to the Magic Kingdom
Be back at the Grand Floridian by 4:30 PM for Magical Express Bus
7:30 PM Flight back to PHL

DisneyChik17

That sounds really relaxed. I like that plan. Need a babysitter?? I'm always free. LOL! JK!

I think that with all the built in sleep and relazing time the kids will be happy and you hubby sounds like my dad, golf, golf, golf. So he will be happy as well. Enjoy your trip and, even with as flexible as this sounds/looks, be ready to change some things.

Upvote 0

Mickey&Minnie

It sounds like a great trip. You have good plans, considering the ages of your children. And it looks like your husband gets what he wants.....golf. Relax and have a great vacation.

Don't worry about planning too much or too early, my husband and I start planning on our 14 hour drive back home for the next Disney vacation.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
Yes, I was trying to make the trip as relaxing and easy as possible (I learned from past mistakes on previous trips). I want to try to fit everything in, but at the same time I have to be flexible and be prepared for the unexpected. Oh and believe me, my husband would golf every day of our trip if I would let him! I scheduled a couple of sleep in days because I am not much of a morning person and neither is my oldest daughter, that is also why I try not to make our breakfast reservations too early. Anyway, if anyone has any opinions on the Spirit of Aloha dinner show and the Illuminations Cruise (if it is worth it or not) I would really appreciate your advice because I am still not 100% sure on both. Thanks!

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Looks like fun! We went in December last year and LOVED it! My only suggestion would be to plan one of your sleep in mornings for the morning after MVMCP because you probably will be out very late. Have fun!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

The only change that I'd suggest is instead of hanging about the resort on the morning of Sunday 2nd - take a trip to DownTown Disney and take in all the shops

Upvote 0

DisChad

The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is great. I think it's a good choice for your family. I can't speak to the Illuminations Cruise.

I love it when I get a chance to play a little golf when I'm on a family vacation, but I always return the favor to my wife and let her spend a couple of hours doing whatever she wants to do while I take the kids somewhere. May I suggest you taking just a couple hours to yourself one day?

Upvote 0

rob45

I like the way you plan. You must have a little R&R when you go to Disney. Your trip plan looks great, I like to know where I'm going each day also. Planning your dinning is also a must. Have a great trip and be safe.

Upvote 0

pacochran

We're going to be there at that time also we arrive the 28th and leave the 5th though on Friday and Saturday nights we are planning on going to the St. Pete/Tampa Bay area to do some site seeing.

The only thing I would caution you about and maybe you want to be there for it, but they probably will be taping the Christmas Day Parade on Friday the 1st at Magic Kingdom. Last year they taped it on the Friday and Saturday of that first week of December, and we heard it can get quite crowded, and that's why we avoided MK that day, we are actually going on Tuesday the 4th.

I believe we are planning on Thursday at MGM, Friday at AK (because it closes early and we are planning on driving to St. Pete's), Monday I think we will be at EPCOT too, and dinner at Le Cellier (don't know time yet) and Tuesday at MK).

You've got some great places to eat, we loved the Hoop Dee Doo, Liberty Tree Tavern.

Have fun.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Sounds like a nice unhurried schedule.
Only thought I have is to look to include a viewing of Candlelight Procession for one of your nights. With the children, I would suggest a dinner package, and not the first presentation as it isn't totally dark (and looses some of the effect for me). Also at Epcot, do you visit the various Santa's and presentations at the countries? There are great photo op's (some of the best Santa's you will see, particularly Canada, US and UK (also France with a tall thin Pere Noel being a little different than our traditional). The Norway presentation is also fun for the kids.

I think you've been there before and probably already know this, so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious.

Be sure to schedule in the Nemo show at AK, also the Jingle Jungle parade is fun.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Only thing I would add is a trip to DTD. gotta do some of the stores there. and the LEGO place, etc. have a magical trip. we are coming in Dec. 9-16. yaaaay.....:xmas:

Upvote 0

LeeHarman

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to get your opinions/advice on my itinary for our trip. Do you think it is too much planning? I drive my husband and kids crazy so I just wanted to hear what you all think. I have three girls ages 11, 6, & 4. We are staying for 8 nights. We chose not to get the park hopper that is why I only planned one park for each day. I just think we would accomplish more if we aren't running around from park to park. I also try to schedule our dining reservations for whatever park will we be in that day. Thanks guys!!:wave:

Thursday, November 29th
Arrive @ MCO around 2:00 PM
Check in @ Grand Floridian / Unpack
Hang around resort / pool
Dinner @ Ohana's @ 7:00 PM

Firday, November 30th
Go to the Magic Kingdom (Get there for the opening show)
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace @ 9:30 AM
Watch Wishes @ 6:00 PM (MVMCP that night)
Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare @ 7:15 PM (at our resort)

Saturday, December 1
Go to Animal Kingdom
Go back to Grand Floridian to rest and get ready for dinner
Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue @ 7:15 PM

Sunday, December 2
Husband plays golf
Kids and I hang around resort
Go to Magic Kingdom (Afternoon)
Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern
Attend MVMCP @ 7:00 PM

Monday, December 3
Breakfast @ Chef Mickey's @ 9:30 AM
Go to Epcot
Dinner @ Le Cellier @ 6:15 PM
Illuminations Cruise (arrive for cruise @ 8:30 PM for 9:30 show)

Tuesday, December 4
Sleep in
Go to MGM
Dinner @ Sci-Fi @ 5:00 PM
Fantasmic @ 7:00 PM
Go see the Osborne Lights @ 7:30 PM

Wednesday, December 5
Husband plays golf, again :lol:
Take kids (ages 6 & 4) to the Pirate Adventure @ our resort
Go to the Magic Kingdom (in the afternoon)
Watch Spectro Magic / Wishes

Thursday, December 6
Sleep in
Go back to Epcot
Lunch @ Akershus @ 12:00 PM
Hang out at Epcot, do whatever we missed or want to do again
Go to the Poly for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show @ 8:00 PM

Friday, December 7
Check Out @ 11:00 AM
Go to the Magic Kingdom
Be back at the Grand Floridian by 4:30 PM for Magical Express Bus
7:30 PM Flight back to PHL

Hello :wave:
Just a very quick question. Have you made dinner reservations already for the meals mentioned in your itinery, or are these what you are planning to book?

Looks a cracking line up of fun but I may have a few other sugestions for you to try and squeeze in if you can.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
No, I did not book my dining reservations yet. I have to wait 14 more days :lol: But those are the times and places I would like to try to get (but I am flexible). So, what are your suggestions? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Original Poster
Sounds like a nice unhurried schedule.
Only thought I have is to look to include a viewing of Candlelight Procession for one of your nights. With the children, I would suggest a dinner package, and not the first presentation as it isn't totally dark (and looses some of the effect for me). Also at Epcot, do you visit the various Santa's and presentations at the countries? There are great photo op's (some of the best Santa's you will see, particularly Canada, US and UK (also France with a tall thin Pere Noel being a little different than our traditional). The Norway presentation is also fun for the kids.

I think you've been there before and probably already know this, so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious.

Be sure to schedule in the Nemo show at AK, also the Jingle Jungle parade is fun.

Thank you for your suggestions. I was not sure about the Candlelight Processional because I was worried that my kids, especially my youngest wouldn't sit though it. I was at Disney last December for 8 days so I kind of know what to expect. That is another reason why my schedule is so relaxed. We managed to do ALOT last year. I didn't see the Santas last year because I wasn't aware of them so I will be sure to do it this year. :wave:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thank you for your suggestions. I was not sure about the Candlelight Processional because I was worried that my kids, especially my youngest wouldn't sit though it. I was at Disney last December for 8 days so I kind of know what to expect. That is another reason why my schedule is so relaxed. We managed to do ALOT last year. I didn't see the Santas last year because I wasn't aware of them so I will be sure to do it this year. :wave:

Understand your point. I think it would be a bit much to stand, but getting seats would be the way to go with the kids (even though you do have to wait in line, even with reservations. You are the best judge, but I think there is enough happening during the show to hold their attention.

When you go to Epcot, there is a special booklet for the holidays with times for the presentations/Santa's in the various countries. Use that for your reference. You may be able to pick it up on visit earlier in the week to help plan.

Also with your more leisurely schedule, consider stopping by WL, Beach Club and Boardwalk (AKL may be too much a stretch). The Christmas displays in the hotel (almost as good as GF) are special to see. Massive trees in WL and AKL, all chocolate Merry-go-round in Beach and a candy/chocolate display in Boardwalk. You can build the two visits as a detour from Epcot.

Also, check out the referenced at allearsnet for a better idea of some of these lesser explored events:
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/holiday.htm
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/h_decor.htm
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/h_cpfaq.htm

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom