Trip Report Our first WDW trip, not so scary in Disney but so scary in Universal

Hi all,

a day later than promised, but here is our TR from out October 2014 trip to WDW and Universal. It will be a long TR I guess, we have tons of pictures! So please be patient, it probably will take quit some time to finish this TR! This week we still have holidays so not that many time to work on this TR, but from next week I will post as many posts as possible during work time :)

If you are interested in the PTR: here it is

The overall thought of this trip is marvelous, wonderfull, magical, scary, beautifull! I guess a lot of you want to know the comparison with DLP. My first opinion is that although the parks in USA are older than DLP I am sure that the parks in USA are better!! The cast members are more gentle, easier to talk to! The look of the park is cleaner than in DLP, all the buildings are in a much better shape than in DLP. Off course we are in DLP 4/5 times a ytear, so everything feels 'normal' and WDW was a first timer (yeah I was there 25 years ago, but the only thing I remember from that trip are the pictures (sorry not digital). So when you visit WDW for the first time everything looks better than DLP.

The best thing about WDW in comparison to DLP is the magic band system in WDW. It really worked out very good! We also had the Memory Maker, so beside our tons of pictures we also have 100+ memory pics taken by cast members.

So in short words the days:
Friday October 17th: flight, was ok, not that much turbulence
Saturday October 18th: Magic Kingdom, was great, special, magical
Sunday October 19th (daytime): Universal, Island of Adventure, was also great, Harry Potter was marvelous
Sunday October 19th (nighttime): Universal, Universal Studios, Halloween Horror Night, absolute a thrill!
Monday October 20th: Epcot, not really our thing, Test Track was great, The Wine and Food thing was not our thing
Monday October 20th: Downtown Disney, hard to find a parking lot, and a lot of structure going on, some great shops, but overall not really our thing
Tuesday October 21th: Universal Studios, great day!
Wednesday October 22nd: Hollywood Studios, a more that great day, Fantasmic was a more that special end of the day
Wednesday October 22nd: Premium Outlets, not that great, much shops that were not our thing
Thursday October 23rd (daytime): Animal Kingdom, good, not great! Some great rides, for the rest nothing more than a zoo
Thursday October 23rd (nighttime): Magic Kingdom, Not So Scary Halloween, a more than great night!!
Friday October 24th: flight home, was ok, a lot of turbulence

So this was the trip in a nutshell!

Much, much, much more to come!!

p.s. It was the first time, but absolutely not the last!!!!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
I'm looking forward to reading your report! It will be fun to follow along. Looking like you all had a great time!

It was absolutely a great time!

Looking forward to reading about this trip, especially the Halloween Horror nights at Universal.

We had a lot of pictures of the HHN, so it will be ok the next couple of weeks!

Looking forward to your report. Sounds like, overall, it was a very good trip.

It was a very good trip! Besides the fact that we were in WDW and Universal we also had the most perfect weather this week in USA. Everyday was around 83/86 F (28/30 C).

Last edited:

Longers

Glad you are back safely and had a good trip. Can't believe it's over for you having followed along with your countdown etc. look forward to hearing your account and thoughts from a first time (well for a few years) perspective.
Will be following along

PartOfYourWorld

Glad to see you are back! I can't believe your trip is already over, after following your pre trip from the high numbers!!! Looking forward to seeing what else you say between DLP & WDW now that you've done both, since we are planning DLP now for next June after our cruise in Norway.

I'm glad overall you enjoyed your trip and can't wait to read all about it!!!! :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Glad you are back safely and had a good trip. Can't believe it's over for you having followed along with your countdown etc. look forward to hearing your account and thoughts from a first time (well for a few years) perspective.
Will be following along

Thanks! Still can't believe it is over, but when watching the pics and videos we relive the trip over and over again :) Start with the report today or tommorrow, offcourse full with pictures and thoughts about the trip!

Glad to see you are back! I can't believe your trip is already over, after following your pre trip from the high numbers!!! Looking forward to seeing what else you say between DLP & WDW now that you've done both, since we are planning DLP now for next June after our cruise in Norway. I'm glad overall you enjoyed your trip and can't wait to read all about it!!!! :)

Thanks! Great that you are planning DLP next year! We will be in DLP in December and allready know that we will be back in WDW in October '15!! TR will start today or tommorrow!

yaya! .. im so ready to read your report flagg

Thanks! Be ready for a huge TR :)

Following along!

Thanks hope you will like the TR!

Welcome back!!! Glad you had a great timr! Can't wait to read all about it! :)

Thanks! We had a more than great time! Hope the TR will be worth the wait!

yay you started your TR! Can't wait to read it

Thanks! Have fun reading :)

Looking forward to your pictures!

Thanks! Be ready the next couple of days!

Can't wait to hear more!! Glad you had a great time!

Thanks! Hope you will like what you read and see!

Following!

Thanks!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Before I start with the real TR I am glad to announce that we allready decided we will be in WDW in October '15 again! Will not start the PTR before finishing this TR, but we allready have goosebumps when thinking about the idea we will be back within the year!!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Ok, here we go with the TR :)

It's October 17th and finally after so many days of waiting and counting down it's time to wake up! At 03.00 in the morning we were awake instantly and half an our later we are in the car on the way to the airport. Everybody was super excited!

sorry but had to work, so no pictures today! Tommorrow I will make it up with you!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
New day new try :)

It's October 17th and finally after so many days of waiting and counting down it's time to wake up! At 03.00 in the morning we were awake instantly and half an our later we are in the car on the way to the airport. Everybody was super excited! After an hour drive we were there! Off course way to early but then gain we had time for Starbucks and some relaxing. For Sacha it would be her 1st flight, and Ria doesn't like flying at all!

After the check-in we had time enough for some tax-free shopping although we bought nothing :)

Sacha loves Nutella, so this was a wondercan :)

003.JPG

What lies beneath :)

005.JPG

We found a 'golf' car from the Dutch airline KLM, and off course Sacha thought, drive me to the gate :)

001.JPG

Since Sacha is busy trying to get her driving license :) This was the time to try out :)

002.JPG

The was the sign! Orlando Sanford, take-off time 09.00 :)

431.JPG

Finally we arrived at the gate! Still 45 minutes of waiting before boarding time!

007.JPG

008.JPG

This is the beauty who took us to Florida :)
011.JPG

And then the waiting for take off! By this time we still were smiling, but when we took off there was a lot of suspense :)

012.JPG

014.JPG

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Still day one of our trip. Some on flight pictures, maybe not the pictures you wanna see, but still want to share them :)

Some pictures of the only meal we got during the flight. You could choose between Chinese or Italian!

018.JPG

019.JPG

Some pictures of the clear blue sky above the clouds :)

020.JPG

023.JPG

031.JPG

During take-off Ria was not so smiling, but after a while everything was back to normal :)

025.JPG

034.JPG

We came closer by the hour :)

433.JPG

434.JPG

437.JPG

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The last pictures of our arrival day.

Just 10 minutes to go before touch down on American soil :)

In your measurements:

440.JPG

In our measurements :)

441.JPG

There is the sign :)

046.JPG

Off course we were not allowed to take pictures when we were at customs!

After that we have to arrange our car. Sacha and I were guarding the suitcases!

048.JPG

It took more time than we thought before we had our car. It seems that our travel agency made a mistake. So the SUV they wanted to give us (Mazda CX-5) was not big enough for all the suitcases we had. So after a lot of talking and some $ we had the SUV we wanted :)

054.JPG

And then again Sacha is still learning :)

058.JPG

After a short drive the first top we made was McDonald :)

060.JPG

So the final thoughts of the first day. It was not that bad. A long 9 hour flight, not that much turbulence. After getting the car we went for the key for the villa! It was an hour drive from Sandford to the Villa. After a short break we went to Wallmart for some groceries and some eating from another McDonalds. And then it was time for a sleep! Magic Kingdom was waiting for us!

Hope you like what I show and wtite for you! Not much Disney so far, but like I said in an earlier post, I will make it up with you all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom