our first visit was ruined by this disgusting cleaning

jesse arias

Comped your room stay?? Just because you witnessed something? That makes no sense. Now we've all witnessed it too, thanks to the video. May we all please have comp rooms because of what we saw?
You should, if you stayed there in this time frame. Thats why we posted it. Call AOA, im sure you can work something out. Everyone who stayed there should.

SDisney90

I may expect this to happen at a fast food joint or a restaurant with a B/C rating but not when Im at a Disney resort!
I have a 18 month old and his hands are always on the table. We always wipe the table before eating when we have him, that night we ate pizza out of the box no plates.
I agree but that's the reality it can happen anywhere in a 1-5 star establishment. Point being because it's Disney everyone is in an uproar. If we only knew half the stuff that happens IN kitchens. Again, not saying I condone this or anything its absolutely disgusting and it should have never happened in the first place. Just stating the cold truth.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

You should, if you stayed there in this time frame. Thats why we posted it. Call AOA, im sure you can work something out. Everyone who stayed there should.
Sorry. I don't see your logic.

This is not something that "happened" to someone. This is something that they saw. There is no evidence that they even ever ate at the food court.

Yes, it is disgusting, and as a well known germaphobe, I'm pretty appalled. But having their room comped for the entire stay is completely ridiculous.

If they found out that they were sleeping underneath a nest of dead rats in their room, I would totally understand. If they were attacked by a swarm of bees in a hive hanging in their closet, free room!! If they found out that their toilet was the secret gateway to Hell, and it sucked down their first born - by all means - hire an exorcist and comp their room.

But someone strolls by a food court and sees reprehensible behavior and apparently complains loud enough to get the news involved - and their room is totally comped? Not cool. This is what causes rates to go up for the rest of us, and this is what causes everyone to complain about every single little thing - because THEY WANT FREE THINGS!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

This is not something that "happened" to someone. This is something that they saw. There is no evidence that they even ever ate at the food court.

Yes, it is disgusting, and as a well known germaphobe, I'm pretty appalled. But having their room comped for the entire stay is completely ridiculous.

If they found out that they were sleeping underneath a nest of dead rats in their room, I would totally understand. If they were attacked by a swarm of bees in a hive hanging in their closet, free room!! If they found out that their toilet was the secret gateway to Hell, and it sucked down their first born - by all means - hire an exorcist and comp their room.

But someone strolls by a food court and sees reprehensible behavior and apparently complains loud enough to get the news involved - and their room is totally comped? Not cool. This is what causes rates to go up for the rest of us, and this is what causes everyone to complain about every single little thing - because THEY WANT FREE THINGS!

Word. :bookworm::inlove:

epcotisbest

I do not understand what you are saying. Are you suggesting people should call and try to get a refund of their stay because of something that had absolutely nothing to do with their stay?

anabelvrgs

Original Poster

This is exactly why hotels and restaurant's get away with what they do, nobody wants to be the bad guy. We complained because the restaurant manager didn't seem shocked by the video which means to me that this was done more then the one time.

BuddyThomas

This is exactly why hotels and restaurant's get away with what they do, nobody wants to be the bad guy. We complained because the restaurant manager didn't seem shocked by the video which means to me that this was done more then the one time.
I'm not saying that you should not have complained. I'm just saying that if they really comped your room for the entire stay, that is totally ridiculous. Nothing happened to you. You were simply a passive observer. A meal voucher would have been more than enough compensation.

This motivates people to go on vacation and look for any problem they can find and then complain about it so they can get comp stuff.

Tony the Tigger

I'm not saying that you should not have complained. I'm just saying that if they really comped your room for the entire stay, that is totally ridiculous. Nothing happened to you. You were simply a passive observer. A meal voucher would have been more than enough compensation.

This motivates people to go on vacation and look for any problem they can find and then complain about it so they can get comp stuff.

Agreed.

daisyduckie

Agreed. I also think it causes Disney to look at distrust when people go to them complaining about something. People with real issues get treated not so great because of silly complaints.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Dear god, Disney uses magical mops, stains, excreta and food matter are instantly transformed into little pockets of joy and rise into the air to be breathed in by true fans, who truly own the Disney spirit. Besides its a poor persons resort they'll have immunity as there used to living in squaller. Allegedly.

Pumbas Nakasak

I will be visiting AoA soon and am going to find this exact table so I can eat on it. I will let you know if I survive...well, if it kills me, I guess I won't be able to let you know.

Eat off it surely. If you eat on it you would be sat on a chair on it and the security nazis would hunt you down like a stray turkey leg.

anabelvrgs

Original Poster
Dear god, Disney uses magical mops, stains, excreta and food matter are instantly transformed into little pockets of joy and rise into the air to be breathed in by true fans, who truly own the Disney spirit. Besides its a poor persons resort they'll have immunity as there used to living in squaller. Allegedly.

You sir are what I would call a Disney bully! Clearly you have nothing better to do then to be up Disney's butt, good day

Pumbas Nakasak

You sir are what I would call a Disney bully! Clearly you have nothing better to do then to be up Disney's butt, good day

But it is good butt.

Though you are clearly a bit of a muppet if that's what you took from my post.
giphy.gif

mousehockey37

Holy wow... it only took til page 5 for the OP to come back... Katiebug's cousin is doing better than she is for responding!!!

That said, I'd have to think that if the room was comped for the entire stay, there was some leverage applied. Like, hey, we have video, comp us our room or we're taking this public, and then they went to the news anyway after having the room comped.

As far as the manager or anyone from Disney telling you what happened to an employee? It's none of your business. You reported what you saw. You did your part. I'd hate to work at your restaurant, you're basically telling us that if customers complain about your workers that you'll tell the customers every step of discipline they'll go through, up to and including termination...

Maerj

This incident is just a test to see if guests would be willing to pay more for a "Premium Cleaning Experience" while at Disney World. If not, they'll just clean the tables, floors, dishes, etc. with the same mop. With Disney's New Premium Cleaning Experience, separate cleaning devices will be used to clean most dirt from surfaces guests may come in contact with. Only an extra $30 a day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom