our first visit was ruined by this disgusting cleaning

The Empress Lilly

yeah. Heaven forbid the employee is held accountable for her actions as well.
I never hold a $8.05/h employee accountable. Only the loudmouth who brags about his managerial title but fails to live up to his responsibility.

Why was this women not trained properly? Why was there no oversight? Why weren't two separate cleaning systems available? Why was she not motivated to do her job properly? Those are the important questions, not some incompetent monkey trying to hide behind his $8.05/h slaves.

And yes, the manager is responsible. That is what the title and salary mean. Else he can give that up and start mopping himself.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I never hold a $8.05/h employee accountable. Only the loudmouth who brags about his managerial title but fails to live up to his responsibility.

Why was this women not trained properly? Why was there no oversight? Why weren't two separate cleaning systems available? Why was she not motivated to do her job properly? Those are the important questions, not some incompetent monkey trying to hide behind his $8.05/h slaves.

You can and should hold both accountable. Yes, both.

Also. You make a lot of assumptions based on a short recording.

MissingDisney

Because one I don't need 15 seconds and two I think people have a right to know, I spent months planing this trip as Im sure anyone going to Disney world does and its not right. We Didn't confront the employee because Im a customer service manager so I find it better whenever there's a employee problem to speak to the manager.
So did you? What did they say?
Edit: My aplogies...the browser took me to the last post so I didn't see your first response. Very well. From prior info, it didn't seem like there was any attempt to resolve it when you were there. Got it now. Thank you for your explanation.

Last edited:

alissafalco

Well to end the fish! Yes I just joined to share this video, I came on this site many times while planning my vacation yet I never join I had a reason to post . I haven't been back because my phone broke. This video was taken at about 11:45pm the restaurant closes at midnight. I spoke to the restaurant manager the next morning and her response was "the chemical that she's using on the table is very strong "she didn't seem shocked that she was using it on floor , after I spoke to her talked to the resort manager.
What did the resort manager have to say after you spoke to them?

jaklgreen

I worry that if it does not bother her to go from floor to table then would it bother her to go from bathroom to table? We don't know if it was her duty to clean the whole area including the bathroom. What if she uses the same cloth for every place. And I don't agree that it was bad training. You have to have some common sense and be responsible for your own actions. I mean do you do that at home? Wipe the floor then your kitchen table, I don't.

Last edited:

anabelvrgs

Original Poster

The resort manager was very understanding and

The resort manager was very understanding and just as b disgusted as we were and comp our room stay, however prior to check out two days later we asked her what actions had been taken and she had no answer for us other than they were working on it.

Hockey89

And yes, the manager is responsible. That is what the title and salary mean. Else he can give that up and start mopping himself.
lol.. This is a joke right? Bernie is that you????

Tony the Tigger

What she is using isnt a mop, its a doodlebug. I am not kidding or trying to make a cute joke. That is what it is called. Google "doodlebug ed don" and click on the first link.

Second, if you dont have a doodlebug at home, I would highly recommend one. They are awesome!

Third, it looks to me more like she is sanatizing, not cleaning. Which, is something we would do with a doodlebug.

Fourth, yeah, she shouldnt have gone from floor to table, but hygenically it looks far worse than it really is. Still a procedure I wouldnt let a guest be privy to.

Fifth, when the food court closes, they lock the doors. This FOH style "industrial" cleaning should take place at that time. This looks like an overaggressive FOH pre-closer to me. I also find it interesting that a manager does appear to approach the employee just as the video cuts off.

Meh, this is nothing. I have seen far far worse at Disney (I am lookig at YOU POFQ Food Court!), and frankly, MUCH worse in local restaurant kitchens.

-edit

For context, I have 15 years of corporate restaurant experience, opening and operating over 40 stores for a top 50 national restaurant chain. I also carried (at that time) ServSafe certifications, and have interacted with heath departments in a dozen or so states for initial and recurring certifications and inspections.

Whether it's s doodlebug or a mop or a rag makes zero difference.

I'm stunned that you made the distinction that a guest shouldn't see it, rather than that it shouldn't be done at all.

Gross.

Princess_AmyK

I am a hairstylist and I won't even use a comb or brush that has fallen on to the floor unless it has been put in sanitizer first... and that isn't even really a big health hazard. It's just because it is kinda gross, and because I need to uphold a professional and clean standard.

So I am really surprised that some people don't think that this, putting a dirty mop on a table that people eat off of, is beyond disgusting.

jaklgreen

I am a hairstylist and I won't even use a comb or brush that has fallen on to the floor unless it has been put in sanitizer first... and that isn't even really a big health hazard. It's just because it is kinda gross, and because I need to uphold a professional and clean standard.

So I am really surprised that some people don't think that this, putting a dirty mop on a table that people eat off of, is beyond disgusting.

I know! At my job people will drop their empty plastic drinking cup on the ground because they swing their tray so fast that it goes flying and then expect a new one. Pretty much every single person who's cup falls wants a new one and the outside is the only thing that touched the ground. I bet the same people who are not grossed out by this are the same ones who want a new cup that they dropped. Out of site, out of mind I guess.

BuddyThomas

The resort manager was very understanding and

The resort manager was very understanding and just as b disgusted as we were and comp our room stay, however prior to check out two days later we asked her what actions had been taken and she had no answer for us other than they were working on it.
Comped your room stay?? Just because you witnessed something? That makes no sense. Now we've all witnessed it too, thanks to the video. May we all please have comp rooms because of what we saw?

daisyduckie

More and more this is coming across as a huge over-reaction. I suggest you never eat out again because you don't want to know what goes on in most kitchens. Don't sleep in hotels either, because most of us have seen (thanks to hidden cameras) what happens there!

No company is going to bring a worker out in front of you and shame them. Or tell you that they were fired or admit to much of anything. They could be sued if they did. It is really none of your business to know the details of what happened to that employee. A comped room and still all the anger? Wow. Let it go.

anabelvrgs

Original Poster
More and more this is coming across as a huge over-reaction. I suggest you never eat out again because you don't want to know what goes on in most kitchens. Don't sleep in hotels either, because most of us have seen (thanks to hidden cameras) what happens there!

No company is going to bring a worker out in front of you and shame them. Or tell you that they were fired or admit to much of anything. They could be sued if they did. It is really none of your business to know the details of what happened to that employee. A comped room and still all the anger? Wow. Let it go.

Well you might be fine with eating on the floor but I'm not, and according to Disney this employee was removed from the property and not allowed to return.

SDisney90

Not sure if this has been said yet or not, don't really care but I'll share my 2 cents. Yes, its disgusting and very unprofessional. But, I assume most of us realize that this crap happens pretty much everywhere. Regardless what we think stuff like this happens all over the place. Local restaurants, other vacation destinations etc. It's just such big devastating news because its DISNEY oh my! There was a problem, they found out and according to the news took care of it. Done deal, move along...

anabelvrgs

Original Poster
Not sure if this has been said yet or not, don't really care but I'll share my 2 cents. Yes, its disgusting and very unprofessional. But, I assume most of us realize that this crap happens pretty much everywhere. Regardless what we think stuff like this happens all over the place. Local restaurants, other vacation destinations etc. It's just such big devastating news because its DISNEY oh my! There was a problem, they found out and according to the news took care of it. Done deal, move along...

I may expect this to happen at a fast food joint or a restaurant with a B/C rating but not when Im at a Disney resort!
I have a 18 month old and his hands are always on the table. We always wipe the table before eating when we have him, that night we ate pizza out of the box no plates.

jesse arias

Comped your room stay?? Just because you witnessed something? That makes no sense. Now we've all witnessed it too, thanks to the video. May we all please have comp rooms because of what we saw?
You
Because one I don't need 15 seconds and two I think people have a right to know, I spent months planing this trip as Im sure anyone going to Disney world does and its not right. We Didn't confront the employee because Im a customer service manager so I find it better whenever there's a employee problem to speak to the manager.
Im not compliance at Disney. Thats why

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom