Our first time :)

JJLRo

Original Poster
Hello! My husband and I are taking our son down to WDW in September to celebrate his 2nd birthday and us renewing our vows. None of us have ever been there before, so we are thrilled to say the least! However, I do have a few questions for you as I try to plan our trip!

1. My son will be about a week shy of 2 years old when we go (The week of September 8th). Right now he is a few days shy of 17 months and he's 34 inches tall. Are there ride restrictions for his height?

2. What rides are there that a child of his age cannot go on? The hubby and I love amusement park rides and we're dying to go on the the Tower of Terror so we know we'll have to ride that one by ourselves.

3. Because we are celebrating his 2nd birthday and our honeymoon, I know there are pins we can wear. Are there any places that will do extra special things? Especially for my son.

4. Is there a cost to see any of the shows? Such as Playhouse Disney, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, etc.

5. What rides do you think a 2 year old little boy will especially enjoy?

6. Is the Deluxe Dining package worth it with a child his age?

7. Do you get a special personalized shirt for your child? We were considering getting one for him.

I think that's all for now. Thanks so much in advance!!

thrupaytonseyes

1. My son will be about a week shy of 2 years old when we go (The week of September 8th). Right now he is a few days shy of 17 months and he's 34 inches tall. Are there ride restrictions for his height? Here is a comphenesive list of ride restrictions and what the restrictions are: http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/rr.htm

2. What rides are there that a child of his age cannot go on? The hubby and I love amusement park rides and we're dying to go on the the Tower of Terror so we know we'll have to ride that one by ourselves. See answer above. Also, when we took our DS1 at 20 months, he HATED tough to be a bug. We had to leave mid show. It is dark and loud. Also, if you go on the teacups, sit him on your lap so he can see out. My DS was scared and getting sick when he couldn't see out of the teacup but loved it once he was on our lap.

3. Because we are celebrating his 2nd birthday and our honeymoon, I know there are pins we can wear. Are there any places that will do extra special things? Especially for my son. Get the pins from Guest relations. At some meals he will get a free brownie or cookie or something. Nothing says they HAVE to do anything so it is really up to the CM if he gets little extras. If you are staying on property let them know you are celebrating his birthday. There are tons of threads about b-days if you search.

4. Is there a cost to see any of the shows? Such as Playhouse Disney, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, etc.
It is all included in your theme park admission.

5. What rides do you think a 2 year old little boy will especially enjoy? In MK-buzz lightyear, most if not all of fantasyland, Alladin's carpets, In AK-Safari, everywhere-Characters to name just a few.

6. Is the Deluxe Dining package worth it with a child his age? I have never done the dining so can't really answer, but he would be free b/c of his age. You won't have to pay for him at buffets and if he eats off of your plate. You will have to pay if you want to get him his own meal.

7. Do you get a special personalized shirt for your child? We were considering getting one for him. I haven't gotten personalized shirts for my boys. I don't really like the idea of them wearing their names so anybody can go up to them and say their name as if they weren't a stranger. But I guess if he is going to have a birthday pin(we are going in April for DS1 5th bday) he will have his name on him since the pins have the birthday boy/girl's name written on it.

Hope this helps! Have fun!!!!!:wave:

WickedQueen22

Definitly get a guide book that breaks down the rides for you. We always like Passporter and the Unofficial Guide.

If your son is 2 on the plane ride home he will need a seperate ticket.

Any rides without a height restriction are ok. We took our 13 month old on the carousel, alladin's carpets, dumbo, and many others. We also took her into the shows, which do not have extra charges. However you may want to get a seat on the outside in case you need to leave mid-show.

Main Street in the Magic Kingdom has birthday and anniversary pins available.

Under 3 he eats for free so you only need to decide if the deluxe plan works for your husband and yourself then go for it. Our daughter picked off our plate for most of the meals. You do get alot of food.

Disneyshopping.com has personization available for tees for the whole family. Though we usually just get the girls their favorite characters to wear.

Good Luck and happy planning.

thrupaytonseyes

Where in Hudson Valley are you? We are in Danbury. We usually fly out of Westchester but sometimes use Stewart. Very easy airports with little ones. And Jetblue and Airtran fly out of both of them!!! Nice and cheap flights!!!!:animwink:

JJLRo

Original Poster
1. My son will be about a week shy of 2 years old when we go (The week of September 8th). Right now he is a few days shy of 17 months and he's 34 inches tall. Are there ride restrictions for his height? Here is a comphenesive list of ride restrictions and what the restrictions are: http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/rr.htm

2. What rides are there that a child of his age cannot go on? The hubby and I love amusement park rides and we're dying to go on the the Tower of Terror so we know we'll have to ride that one by ourselves. See answer above. Also, when we took our DS1 at 20 months, he HATED tough to be a bug. We had to leave mid show. It is dark and loud. Also, if you go on the teacups, sit him on your lap so he can see out. My DS was scared and getting sick when he couldn't see out of the teacup but loved it once he was on our lap.

3. Because we are celebrating his 2nd birthday and our honeymoon, I know there are pins we can wear. Are there any places that will do extra special things? Especially for my son. Get the pins from Guest relations. At some meals he will get a free brownie or cookie or something. Nothing says they HAVE to do anything so it is really up to the CM if he gets little extras. If you are staying on property let them know you are celebrating his birthday. There are tons of threads about b-days if you search.

It is all included in your theme park admission.

5. What rides do you think a 2 year old little boy will especially enjoy? In MK-buzz lightyear, most if not all of fantasyland, Alladin's carpets, In AK-Safari, everywhere-Characters to name just a few.

6. Is the Deluxe Dining package worth it with a child his age? I have never done the dining so can't really answer, but he would be free b/c of his age. You won't have to pay for him at buffets and if he eats off of your plate. You will have to pay if you want to get him his own meal.

7. Do you get a special personalized shirt for your child? We were considering getting one for him. I haven't gotten personalized shirts for my boys. I don't really like the idea of them wearing their names so anybody can go up to them and say their name as if they weren't a stranger. But I guess if he is going to have a birthday pin(we are going in April for DS1 5th bday) he will have his name on him since the pins have the birthday boy/girl's name written on it.

Hope this helps! Have fun!!!!!:wave:

Thank you very much for the suggestions! I've heard a lot of reviews saying the bug show was too much for the kiddos. So we will definitely steer clear of that one!

JJLRo

Original Poster
Definitly get a guide book that breaks down the rides for you. We always like Passporter and the Unofficial Guide.

If your son is 2 on the plane ride home he will need a seperate ticket.

Any rides without a height restriction are ok. We took our 13 month old on the carousel, alladin's carpets, dumbo, and many others. We also took her into the shows, which do not have extra charges. However you may want to get a seat on the outside in case you need to leave mid-show.

Main Street in the Magic Kingdom has birthday and anniversary pins available.

Under 3 he eats for free so you only need to decide if the deluxe plan works for your husband and yourself then go for it. Our daughter picked off our plate for most of the meals. You do get alot of food.

Disneyshopping.com has personization available for tees for the whole family. Though we usually just get the girls their favorite characters to wear.

Good Luck and happy planning.

Thanks!! We're going to be driving down - about 16 hours! I'm terrified of flying so it just isn't an option. Maybe we'll opt to take a train. Still gotta figure that out.

Disneyshopping.com actually has a 20% off sale going on right now so I may just go get his shirt now instead of waiting. :)

JJLRo

Original Poster
Where in Hudson Valley are you? We are in Danbury. We usually fly out of Westchester but sometimes use Stewart. Very easy airports with little ones. And Jetblue and Airtran fly out of both of them!!! Nice and cheap flights!!!!:animwink:

Oh how cool! Hello neighbor :) Do you know where Poughkeepsie is? We're about 5 minutes from there.

GenerationX

Our youngest son was 2 the first year we went. He particularly enjoyed Buzz Lightyear, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Tom Sawyer Island in the MK. At Animal Kingdom, the Boneyard play area, Festival of the Lion King, and Kilimanjaro Safaris were his favorites.

Have fun! :wave:

JJLRo

Original Poster
Our youngest son was 2 the first year we went. He particularly enjoyed Buzz Lightyear, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Tom Sawyer Island in the MK. At Animal Kingdom, the Boneyard play area, Festival of the Lion King, and Kilimanjaro Safaris were his favorites.

Have fun! :wave:

Thank you!

scorp111

Hello! My husband and I are taking our son down to WDW in September to celebrate his 2nd birthday and us renewing our vows. None of us have ever been there before, so we are thrilled to say the least! However, I do have a few questions for you as I try to plan our trip!

I think that's all for now. Thanks so much in advance!!

So many questions, and it looks you already have some great answers:)

I just want to second the notion of buying a guide book, "the Unoffical guide to WDW" was my choice prior to my first trip a few years ago. Just full of information! It will also explain "Child Swap" which will enable you and your husband to enjoy the thrill rides without waiting twice!:)

Congrats also on your renewal of vows, your son's 2nd birthday, and your first trip to WDW!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Just beware, you might become addicted :D My first trip was 3 1/2 years ago, when my dd was 14 months old. We have now both been 10 times :lol: and hold annual passes, and purchased Disney Vacation Club last year. :lookaroun

Enjoy your trip!:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom