Our first major roadblock - ever....

Tomi-Rocket

So this morning I called to see if a room discount could be applied to our reservation and got a very unpleasant surprise. We have made a few changes to our vacation, starting out in a family suite at AoA, then switching to two rooms at AS:S and finally ending up at a family suite with AS:M. When we switched to the two rooms it had to be 1 adult and 1 child (16 so really at adult prices) and when I called to move to the AS:M the CM told me our payoff went down $2600! She said she made sure the reservation was correct including everything we wanted.

So today I called to apply the room discount only to find the last CM did NOT do our reservation correctly it only listed the 1 adult & 1 child so our pay off jumped from $800 to $2500! We've never encountered any problems before in all our trips. I'm so upset and sad. Now we need to figure out what we need to do. Can we make our payoff date? Should we switch dates, meaning we probably won't get all the ADR's we have now? Or cut the number of days off our trip? My head is spinning. This does fit in with the year we've had, '13 has really sucked for us.

SMS55

Is there any way to verify? Did you get a confirmation email? Is there a record of that call? Something that shows what you were doing and that the CM botched it? That's a costly mistake. One that shouldn't be your fault. Ask to speak to a manager, someone that has the ability to make decisions and manually override the system.

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

So this morning I called to see if a room discount could be applied to our reservation and got a very unpleasant surprise. We have made a few changes to our vacation, starting out in a family suite at AoA, then switching to two rooms at AS:S and finally ending up at a family suite with AS:M. When we switched to the two rooms it had to be 1 adult and 1 child (16 so really at adult prices) and when I called to move to the AS:M the CM told me our payoff went down $2600! She said she made sure the reservation was correct including everything we wanted.

So today I called to apply the room discount only to find the last CM did NOT do our reservation correctly it only listed the 1 adult & 1 child so our pay off jumped from $800 to $2500! We've never encountered any problems before in all our trips. I'm so upset and sad. Now we need to figure out what we need to do. Can we make our payoff date? Should we switch dates, meaning we probably won't get all the ADR's we have now? Or cut the number of days off our trip? My head is spinning. This does fit in with the year we've had, '13 has really sucked for us.

Hey at least you got them on the phone.

Upvote 0

Vader2112

Agreed if the rep amde the changes as requested it would automatically change the reservation and send you an email confirmation. You are probably like me and assumed that it was fine and did not review the email. Call back and speak with a supervisor and explain the situation. Was this pay off given to you before the discoutn code or after it was applied? If so did that discount remove soemthing like free dindig for which you are now being charged? Could also be with the multiple movements of the reservation one of the CMs did not transfer your deposit.
I had a similar issue the other day when I called back to change my room at WL to a bunk bed room. At first the Cm did not apply my AP discount.

Good luck let us know what happened.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
Okay an update. After getting completely frustrated trying to check out other options on the computer (site not working properly, no rooms available at other resorts, other dates not available) I called and spoke with an AMAZING CM who not only helped me but also helped to calm me down and was willing to go through whatever I asked to help, too.

So here is where we ended up: instead of a family suite at the AS Music we switched to a standard room at the Coronado Springs resort with all the rest of the package staying the same. IF we find we are unable to pay it off on time we will drop one or two days. Even though CS is not a resort I ever wanted to stay at I'm happy because we didn't change the dates, I would've had to try and get all my ADR's again and I know I wouldn't have been able to get BoG again. And we got all our ADR's within 15 minutes of the times we wanted. I'm okay if we end up having to drop a day, too. I just want to go! This has really been a horrible year for us so a trip to WDW will be much needed by the time we go.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Glad you got things worked out. Coronado Springs is a beautiful resorts. Nice food options and a great pool area. I didn't ever really want to stay there either but decided on a whim to book it once and loved it. After that we decided to continue to try other resorts so we haven't been back but it will come into the rotation again. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Vader2112

Okay an update. After getting completely frustrated trying to check out other options on the computer (site not working properly, no rooms available at other resorts, other dates not available) I called and spoke with an AMAZING CM who not only helped me but also helped to calm me down and was willing to go through whatever I asked to help, too.

So here is where we ended up: instead of a family suite at the AS Music we switched to a standard room at the Coronado Springs resort with all the rest of the package staying the same. IF we find we are unable to pay it off on time we will drop one or two days. Even though CS is not a resort I ever wanted to stay at I'm happy because we didn't change the dates, I would've had to try and get all my ADR's again and I know I wouldn't have been able to get BoG again. And we got all our ADR's within 15 minutes of the times we wanted. I'm okay if we end up having to drop a day, too. I just want to go! This has really been a horrible year for us so a trip to WDW will be much needed by the time we go.
Glad you were able to get it all worked out! I think you will be surprised by CSR it is tied for my favorite mod with PORS.The grounds are beautiful true it is a pretty big resort but worth staying at been there 3 times myself.
Enjoy your trip from the sounds of your posts here you really earned your ears!

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your well wishes! After doing some research I have found that people really LOVE CS and I am getting excited to try it now! Oh and if anyone calling WDWTC ever gets Galen, she is the wonderful CM who was so kind and helpful to me today. I was really a mess, lol.

Upvote 0

75disney

Never thought I would want to stay at CSR either, but after reading all of the comments on this site and looking into it more myself, I plan to stay there on my next trip after our coming Nov. trip (we are booked for a royal room at POR). The resort looks beautiful and well-themed. Although large, we stayed at CB in the past which us also large and had no problems with the size).

I am glad that everything worked out for you and I hope that the rest of 2013 is a good one for you. At least you have your WDW trip to look forward to.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! After doing some research I have found that people really LOVE CS and I am getting excited to try it now! Oh and if anyone calling WDWTC ever gets Galen, she is the wonderful CM who was so kind and helpful to me today. I was really a mess, lol.
I've always wanted to try it, looks amazing. Hope your trip turns the rest of the year around for ya!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom