Pre-Trip Our big family trip is nearly here

Hello friends
I’m back

How you doing?

I’ve been away a while but had to stop by to update everyone.

As most of you know we became AP in November during our trip - it was something I had only dreamed of but it happened.

256E3A92-993A-4515-9592-5653ED5B7AAF.jpeg

The main reason was I knew for sure I had another trip coming up - in 21 days to be exact and the cost of the AP worked out the same as tickets for both of those trips so I was no worse off - and there would always then be the chance of another trip!

Did it happen while I’ve been away?
Of course it did!

1CD5B097-D0CC-4AB1-8D00-3E1C6B14C86A.jpeg

We had a week off in March and decided to use the passes so we booked a flight, and a hotel offsite! Shock horror - I was offsite and not in my beloved POR but like Chris said - rather be in Florida with Disney everyday rather than at home in the UK with no Disney. Plus he thought this would break me in gently for the Aug trip in a villa.

Obviously there were quite a few BTMRR rides and plenty of ice cream!

73360702-86B3-4358-9491-0EE32B738602.jpeg

769B9FFE-74CD-4E66-B9D9-F811CD3C8BB0.jpeg

19C6EE41-62A3-4F16-AA28-8C262EF2A047.jpeg

I also got to do 2 meet and greets - the Nic and Judy picture was one I absolutely had to get

8DBF4F99-79F0-4D55-85EB-E8FA91FF4C9E.jpeg

7A6A59A1-329F-4D2B-A499-D0667D550774.jpeg

We also got to see F&G again as I loved it so much last year.

ADDD60B0-1C30-4FC9-A4F5-6E7B4F962C36.jpeg

AF90DCC1-60FE-4C47-8A18-17F97A27D9E6.jpeg

It was very strange staying offsite - it kind of felt like we didn’t go. I was suffering with a bad stomach for part of the trip too but we still had a great time

Sorry I digress.....

Now back to the upcoming trip which as been in the planning for year and was booked over a year and half ago.

For those of you who don’t know me - I’m Tracey, I am a Disney addict but I know I’m in good company on this site. I visit every year from the UK in November for my birthday. My husband Chris never wanted to go to Disney but once he did he loved it (well that’s what I keep telling him)

We’ve visited over 25 times I think now and have racked up early a year in Disney (most of it in POR)

We’re visiting in 21 days with my family - 9 of us in total - this could get interesting.......

My brother and wife who took a trip with us in 2016
My mum who last came to Disney with us in 1998 - this will be her 2nd trip - I wonder after 20 years what changes she will notice
My sister and her partner - my sister had a messy divorce and has saved so hard for this trip - it’s her first holiday in 14 years
And my 2 nephews aged 14 and 16 - A who is 16 had his last holiday abroad when he was 2 he spent the whole time Ill to the point my sister was thinking of flying him home, and N who has never had a holiday abroad so this will be his first time on a plane and abroad.

We have a villa in Tuscan Hills (myself and Chris drove to the gates in March just so we could see where it was). It’s about 30 min drive to Epcot - the issue is the road it comes out onto (I can’t remember the name) is full of traffic lights - let’s hope they are in our favour on the mornings!

We have 2 hire cars so if we do want to separate towards the end we have options

FP have started to be booked but we know we might have to be flexible as I’m not sure my nephews will love Disney as much as me - I have tried to train them over the years but we’ll see - N says his not meeting princesses! Not managed to get any SDD, FOP or 7DMT but I kind of expected that staying offsite. It I also haven’t got TOT and my nephews want to do It! I think with repairs on 1 elevator have reduced the number of FP - I will keep trying though.... I don’t give up

We also know it will be hot, we recently had record temperatures in the UK so that might have helped them know what it will be like - but I have cool towels, fans, cotton clothes, hats and they will all be hydrating. I’ve also put some breaks in where we can go out or stay in depending how people feel - I will probably be going out even if no one else does - gotta get that Disney fix!

The countdown is properly on now.....
This time in 3 weeks we’ll have just taken off.......

Longers

Original Poster
So a few more details.....

19th Aug to 1st September - 13 nights - we couldn’t get flights for 14 nights and the boys have to get back for school and college!

We leave the UK on Monday 19th August - my family moved 2 years ago and now live 2 hours car drive from me so they are all getting a cab on the morning to get them to the airport which is half way between us both (so an hours drive)

My oldest nephew lives with his dad near us so he is coming to the airport with us the day before as I am not chancing any motorway issues on a Monday morning - we have overnight booked at a hotel 10 mins from the airport.

We have a 10am (approx) flight which arrives into Orlando at 2.20pm
We anticipate with bags and getting through customs, picking up cars etc to be at the villa no earlier than probably 5.30 ish.

We’re going to leave the suitcases and head out for food (as that’s 10.30pm at home and I’m guessing we will be hungry) and then we’ll head to Walmart for some essentials and breakfast for the first morning

Then I guess unpack the cases and bed. I did get some AK FP. It I think we’ll end up cancelling them as I guess everyone will be tired.

Last edited:

Longers

Original Poster
Day 1 - Tuesday 20th Aug will be Magic Kingdom (where else)
I hope they love what I love! Otherwise I think I’m going to be disowning them!

We’ll be trying to get to as many things as possible the first week so that I can make changes and get them back to the parks they like in week 2 (that includes Kennedy and Universal)

I’ve Got some post it notes so they can write down each night their favourite memory and then some more post it’s in a different colour for them to write down anything they want to do again before they leave - hopefully then everything will get covered.

I’m going to learn to be flexible. I know I will go again - they probably won’t as it’s just so expensive

One thing I will be doing though is seeing Illuminations as many times as I can.
I think I will genuinely cry when I see it for the last time - I know things change but I just love it - it’s currently in my plans for 29th Aug.

Also I am hoping I might be able to book tickets for MNSSHP - I have always wanted to go but I arrive just too late in November to make it work.

I’m not booking until I check the weather though - if it can work then hopefully I can get there on 27th Aug - I don’t seem to have any takers to join me - mainly due to the cost and I understand that especially as they are not into it as much as me - let’s see........

riverside

We are at AK on 21st in the morning - I’m hoping with a break after that my family might endure me and head to MK for the fireworks - especially as I don’t want to be putting things off in case of the weather.

I guess I would be looking for them to get there about 7 if we could but I will be guided by them - I’m going to try not to make them go at my pace as it might be a bit overwhelming - but should they agree it would be fab to meet up - maybe I will let you know via here that lunchtime if we are heading over?

22nd they want to hit the shops so we’ll probably be there and heading to Hs late afternoon.

It would be great if we could meet - fingers crossed.
How I would love to just jump on a plane for a couple of days to go to Disney - alas I can only dream
Yes--please let me know that day!! It would be wonderful to meet you!! But I do understand what you mean about not wanting to overwhelm them too!
The 22nd wouldn't work b/c the TE will probably be picking us up around 11:(
Also I am hoping I might be able to book tickets for MNSSHP - I have always wanted to go but I arrive just too late in November to make it work.

I’m not booking until I check the weather though - if it can work then hopefully I can get there on 27th Aug - I don’t seem to have any takers to join me - mainly due to the cost and I understand that especially as they are not into it as much as me - let’s see........
Do it!! It is so much fun & the parade is AWESOME!!! I can't say enough about it. IMO it is soooo much better than the Christmas party!!

Tiggertoo56

Glad to see you doing a report in readiness for your family trip. Looks like you'll be having a good time too. Love the map idea - you'll probably start a trend, or another competition between Disney friends. I'll be keeping up with your TR.
Definitely try for the MNSSHP its so much fun and you can do eat more icecream and ride BTMR even more times.😂😂

Longers

Original Poster
Yes--please let me know that day!! It would be wonderful to meet you!! But I do understand what you mean about not wanting to overwhelm them too!
The 22nd wouldn't work b/c the TE will probably be picking us up around 11:(

Do it!! It is so much fun & the parade is AWESOME!!! I can't say enough about it. IMO it is soooo much better than the Christmas party!!

Ok I will keep you posted on 21st - fingers crossed we can make this happen :D

Glad to see you doing a report in readiness for your family trip. Looks like you'll be having a good time too. Love the map idea - you'll probably start a trend, or another competition between Disney friends. I'll be keeping up with your TR.
Definitely try for the MNSSHP its so much fun and you can do eat more icecream and ride BTMR even more times.😂😂
Never done a PTR but thought I may as well jump straight back in
Lovely to hear from you.
Fingers crossed for MNSSHP - the weather will end up making my decision and whether anyone fancies going with me after they see what it’s all about.
I want to see the parade and the HM ghosts - it’s been on my Disney bucket list so it would be great to do it.
And you know me so well - ice cream and BTMRR - dreams come true.....

Longers

Original Poster
I'll never forget how much I wanted to meet you guys but struggled to stay away :hilarious:
P.S. I started my Run Disney Youtube videos they are airing starting in a few weeks and I shouted you out for the idea :)

I know I could tell you were exhausted but I am hoping one day our paths will meet again.
And I will look out for those - there are so many things I wanted to know for the run I did in Disney - like what to wear in the morning - did it find its way to the finish line. How did it work re picking up bibs etc so I’m sure they will be of use to a lot of people. Good luck.

I love the post it idea! That would make a really neat souvenir after the trip to stick them all together and put them in a frame or something
I just wish my nephews would have been younger to take them really but it’s taken my sister this long to be able to afford it - I’m hoping they will embrace all my quirky ideas I have (i Still think they are young and not teenagers!)
like you say I think it will be something nice to keep. Hopefully if we all write things down each day we can have some nice keepsakes at the end.

Longers

Original Poster
I will keep an eye out for you from the 19-21! I'd be able to check off the smallest state for you! 😁

Yay for any help we can get - they’ll be a few of us so we should be easier to spot!

I’m very excited for your trip report! When I started reading TR’s, yours was the first one I stumbled on and I have been addicted ever since! You are going to have a great time!

Ah, that’s so kind
Thank you
This one should be an interesting one, loads of different personalities etc - but I have told them all just do what I want to do and you’ll all be fine :D

I will also keep an eye out for you!👀
How do you feel about rain...?☔
Maybe you should keep an eye out for me😂

Please do
I hate rain! I’m hoping for none - haha
Or to dry quickly if we do get wet.
It will cetprtainly be different all round for me
Loads of people, villa, rain, heat - I keep reminding myself I’m doing this for my sister and nephews.
I am sure I will have a great time regardless - I am going home!

Longers

Original Poster
So the countdown right now says 16 days and 2 hours to go!

All FP are booked!
We haven’t got FOP, SDD or 7DMT so we’ll be queuing! Bit I’ll be checking frequently - just in case.

I finally got a TOT for 30th Aug - yes we have pencilled in an attempt to get everyone into SWGE on that date also we may also swing over on 27th in case there are soft openings.

I’ve also added to the planner the new magnets - excited for the Simba one and now we might also attempt getting to epcot for everyone of our last 4 days just so we can get those Minnie coasters (I doubt it will happen but no harm in trying)

4A8E4359-7C89-400F-9B63-7BE2715121E0.png

58F9295B-0D48-4278-9288-0B2B29982049.png

I’ve also seen the weather forecast

So I bought 2 of these yesterday for the nephews - don’t know if they will work but it might stop some of the moaning from 2 teenagers!

7F1DADB5-380A-4F90-8F32-2933FA4A4EE4.jpeg

Off to a BBQ today but hoping to start some packing tomorrow.....

Have a good day

krisri18

All FP are booked!
We haven’t got FOP, SDD or 7DMT so we’ll be queuing! Bit I’ll be checking frequently - just in case.

I finally got a TOT for 30th Aug - yes we have pencilled in an attempt to get everyone into SWGE on that date also we may also swing over on 27th in case there are soft openings.

I’ve also added to the planner the new magnets - excited for the Simba one and now we might also attempt getting to epcot for everyone of our last 4 days just so we can get those Minnie coasters (I doubt it will happen but no harm in trying)

View attachment 395535

View attachment 395537

So I bought 2 of these yesterday for the nephews - don’t know if they will work but it might stop some of the moaning from 2 teenagers!

View attachment 395536

Have a good day
Get those coasters! You can do it @Longers !!!

DisneyGigi

All FP are booked!

View attachment 395535

View attachment 395537

View attachment 395536

Have a good day

I so want those coasters, but our last day is the 30th, so not gonna happen. 😑

I do have to get the magnets to add to my collection on the car and fridge! I love the Simba one.

Have fun at the BBQ!

jlag1006

I've been debating whether we can manage entry all 4 days of our trip in September so we can get those coasters. We are staying at the Boardwalk, so there's a possibility!

Longers

Original Poster
I so want those coasters, but our last day is the 30th, so not gonna happen. 😑

I do have to get the magnets to add to my collection on the car and fridge! I love the Simba one.

Have fun at the BBQ!

Ah, such a shame - They are so nice I want them but I am going to be flexible with all our plans (totally not like me!). But I will be back - my nephews probably won’t be for quite a few years (that’s if they want to go back - we’ll see)

7f1dadb5-380a-4f90-8f32-2933fa4a4ee4-jpeg.395536
i like this LOL...

my goto heat breaker is to order an ice water and go to restroom and pour it on my back of my neck, kinda like the ice bucket challenge:)

works wonders

Great idea which is now my back up for these teenagers.
They arrived yesterday and I have tried them this morning - we’ll probably get some looks but if it works or stops some of the moaning it will be well worth it.

I've been debating whether we can manage entry all 4 days of our trip in September so we can get those coasters. We are staying at the Boardwalk, so there's a possibility!

That should be easy staying at the boardwalk - I think you just need to walk in 4 days to qualify so a nice stroll to Epcot at some point each day should work - good luck.

LisaBelle

Tracey I am so excited for you! I can’t believe I am just now finding this PTR. We were on vacation (sadly not at Disney!) and I am just now getting caught up. I know this has been a dream of yours to introduce your nephews to Disney. How wonderful that it is happening in just a few weeks!
Love your idea of trying to meet people from all 50 states. That will be such a fun quest!
Your plans look great! I truly hope your family learns to love Disney as you do!
I will be following along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom