Trip Report **COMPLETED** Our 50th Anniversary Trip

Hi everyone!
I am super behind on my trip reports (sorry).....I have two trips to write about so better get started with one :hilarious:

Who?
The usual suspects - My Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
tempImagefJ10TG.jpg

When?
September 30- October 3

Where?
The Grand Floridian
We wanted to stay somewhere where we could walk to the Magic Kingdom!

Why?
The 50th Anniversary ! We honestly did not know if we were going to be able to go on this trip up until 1 week before. We had canceled our August trip due to COVID numbers so I watched closely and waited for permission from work to go. I finally got the green light to go after the numbers down there dropped quite a bit!

September 30, 2021
We got up at 3:15 am, got ready, and headed to the airport. Check in and security were easy and we made it to our gate with plenty of time to spare.
tempImageTXazrj.jpg

tempImageE70DGf.jpg

We did not think we would be able to eat anything because the restaurants have not been opening at the airport very early but thankfully one did and we were able to grab some bagels!
tempImageVjnmar.jpg

tempImageT9mc0Q.jpg

We boarded the plane on time
tempImage3o9b9R.jpg

Magic Bands!
tempImagepSYryu.jpg

tempImageOICsVh.jpg

We always play with these things our earplanes come in and always get into a fit of hysteria over them *I'm sure it's the 3 am wakeup calls :hilarious:
tempImage5NIJFH.jpg

Our flight was super easy and we were 30 minutes early!
Loved the fonorail wrap!!
7C22C2B0-778A-483A-8E7D-C851CE2C0196.jpeg

Next up: more traveling

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
84807F1D-DEEB-4BD6-985A-EEC6269DACCE.jpeg

Fonorail selfie!
tempImagetsdMuf.jpg

We did a car service again this trip so we grabbed our luggage and waited outside for our driver to get the car.
tempImagenhxd9T.jpg

GUESS WHO WE HAD AS A DRIVER AGAIN !!!!
tempImage3IK5RH.jpg

Annoying Donald! At least this trip he knew we already had him (NOW 3 TIMES) so we did not have to listen to his Donald Duck impression...
I spy the Disney entrance
tempImagegMmepc.jpg

We made it to the Grand Floridian quickly !
tempImageOVDDlR.jpg

We stopped at the desk to change our credit cards and store our carry ons. Like three Cast Members asked if we enjoyed our stay and one said to have a safe trip home. My Mom said she knew it was a short trip but did not think it was that short :hilarious:.
Anyway we were hungry so we stopped for a snack.
My Mom got a cupcake and I got chips :)
tempImagekxLP1k.jpg

tempImageezZWIq.jpg

tempImageltCfNe.jpg

And a Disney coke!
1418E7F0-C0F1-417C-A277-8038DA25B91B.jpeg

Next up: Epcot !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
We headed up to the monorail so we could get to Epcot. I thought I lost my camera battery which I noticed on our way to the monorail so we back tracked a bit to see if I dropped it but I could not find it :banghead:
Anyway...this was our first monorail ride since pre-COVID days so we were so excited!
tempImageQWDVGA.jpg

I loved the makeover!
tempImageRvI4Uo.jpg

tempImage6EuJPU.jpg

We somehow actually made it to Epcot in time for Rope Drop! It was so crazy how early we were since our flight was so much shorter than it was supposed to be. We saw from the monorail that they maybe already opened the park because some people were walking around. Turns out the Extra Magic Hours that I thought were supposed to start the next day actually started this day so we snuck in at 10:48.
We sprint walked to Test Track to beat the regular Rope Drop.
tempImageMg8JTN.jpg

tempImage8PEncZ.jpg

tempImagey4wzB6.jpg

Our car...
tempImageALgI7n.jpg

But then I changed the tires last minute
tempImageV69GyG.jpg

We waited 15 minutes woohoo!
tempImageNGxt2A.jpg

57C233E4-560D-4AC5-A3AF-1274ABD09639.jpeg

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
We were hungry (again) so we decided to get some lunch.
We headed to La Cantina
We got some kids cheese empanadas and beef nachos
tempImageg7ko2O.jpg

We usually sit inside (because of my Mom's fear of birds :joyfull: ) but the inside was closed so outside it was!
tempImagezSShOV.jpg

I think she is posing like this because we got a kids meal again :hilarious:
tempImagevZcfnA.jpg

Views...
tempImagex96eXx.jpg

While eating lunch we were watching the wait times. Frozen stayed pretty short so we headed over there to see what it looked like.
tempImage9pvIx4.jpg

tempImagea16KBP.jpg

A light for you ...
tempImageKzHWvT.jpg

tempImageXLQWi1.jpg

7749D240-5C73-4A31-BD5D-F634BFD29E23.jpeg

In the end we only waited 15 minutes!
27D66EC5-40F9-4B26-805C-C62C44F3964B.jpeg

Next up: more Epcot

BrerWayne

Hi everyone!
I am super behind on my trip reports (sorry).....I have two trips to write about so better get started with one :hilarious:

Who?
The usual suspects - My Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
View attachment 602462

When?
September 30- October 3

Where?
The Grand Floridian
We wanted to stay somewhere where we could walk to the Magic Kingdom!

Why?
The 50th Anniversary ! We honestly did not know if we were going to be able to go on this trip up until 1 week before. We had canceled our August trip due to COVID numbers so I watched closely and waited for permission from work to go. I finally got the green light to go after the numbers down there dropped quite a bit!

September 30, 2021
We got up at 3:15 am, got ready, and headed to the airport. Check in and security were easy and we made it to our gate with plenty of time to spare.
View attachment 602463
View attachment 602464
We did not think we would be able to eat anything because the restaurants have not been opening at the airport very early but thankfully one did and we were able to grab some bagels!
View attachment 602465
View attachment 602466
We boarded the plane on time
View attachment 602467
Magic Bands!
View attachment 602468
View attachment 602469
We always play with these things our earplanes come in and always get into a fit of hysteria over them *I'm sure it's the 3 am wakeup calls :hilarious:
View attachment 602470
Our flight was super easy and we were 30 minutes early!
Loved the fonorail wrap!!
View attachment 602471

Next up: more traveling
I’m in! And I sorry but I find it hilarious that you keep getting Donald as your driver!

lindawdw

I'm here for all the fun too!!! So happy to see that you started another TR. I love how you and your mom love getting the early flights out to allow you to enjoy a full day in the parks! The walk over to the MK from the GFV is so wonderful and it's made our stays there so much more enjoyable knowing we don't have to always wait for the transportation options! How great that the Frozen wait time was only 15 minutes!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom