Trip Report **COMPLETED** Our 50th Anniversary Trip

Hi everyone!
I am super behind on my trip reports (sorry).....I have two trips to write about so better get started with one :hilarious:

Who?
The usual suspects - My Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
tempImagefJ10TG.jpg

When?
September 30- October 3

Where?
The Grand Floridian
We wanted to stay somewhere where we could walk to the Magic Kingdom!

Why?
The 50th Anniversary ! We honestly did not know if we were going to be able to go on this trip up until 1 week before. We had canceled our August trip due to COVID numbers so I watched closely and waited for permission from work to go. I finally got the green light to go after the numbers down there dropped quite a bit!

September 30, 2021
We got up at 3:15 am, got ready, and headed to the airport. Check in and security were easy and we made it to our gate with plenty of time to spare.
tempImageTXazrj.jpg

tempImageE70DGf.jpg

We did not think we would be able to eat anything because the restaurants have not been opening at the airport very early but thankfully one did and we were able to grab some bagels!
tempImageVjnmar.jpg

tempImageT9mc0Q.jpg

We boarded the plane on time
tempImage3o9b9R.jpg

Magic Bands!
tempImagepSYryu.jpg

tempImageOICsVh.jpg

We always play with these things our earplanes come in and always get into a fit of hysteria over them *I'm sure it's the 3 am wakeup calls :hilarious:
tempImage5NIJFH.jpg

Our flight was super easy and we were 30 minutes early!
Loved the fonorail wrap!!
7C22C2B0-778A-483A-8E7D-C851CE2C0196.jpeg

Next up: more traveling

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I’m not sure if I would find it annoying or hysterical having Donald as a driver for the third time! (I think I’d lean more towards annoyed if I had gotten up as early as you had 😉)

Thankfully we got the text the night before confirming our ride so at least I was mentally prepared :hilarious:

I’m here for all the fun!

Welcome :)

I'm here for all the fun too!!! So happy to see that you started another TR. I love how you and your mom love getting the early flights out to allow you to enjoy a full day in the parks! The walk over to the MK from the GFV is so wonderful and it's made our stays there so much more enjoyable knowing we don't have to always wait for the transportation options! How great that the Frozen wait time was only 15 minutes!!!

The walk was awesome! It is why we stayed at the Contemporary so often so it is is nice to have another option too!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
2AC224EA-C521-4C1D-B0C1-D25868834193.jpeg

Some 50th statues :)
tempImagenKHbTJ.jpg

tempImageG9M6AX.jpg

We headed over towards Soarin' but we saw Pooh along the way so of course we stopped!
tempImageZAAYrt.jpg

tempImagewMXBfW.jpg

tempImage9H6yEA.jpg

tempImageyNAuLt.jpg

tempImage5mhe4x.jpg

We waited 10 minutes !
We headed towards Living with the Land next
tempImagegcugCc.jpg

It was a walk on - why are all my selfies blurry this trip :hilarious:
tempImageAD6p0W.jpg

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
B299141B-FB93-4712-A367-C86B5B67BDFF.jpeg

9501605F-25ED-4A37-B8F8-956149FBDB75.jpeg

Spaceship Earth was next and was also a short wait.
tempImageEM6NuO.jpg

tempImageGR046O.jpg

Enjoy my terrible photos ....
13BF4848-5784-4D91-9749-A9D55CD30CF6.jpeg

BF792DCF-B231-45A8-A995-FF8643B075D6.jpeg

tempImageCgxEpd.jpg

After this we headed to Guest Services so we could renew my Mom's AP in person. It was a bit complicated because we needed to use a balance from tickets I bought for our next trip (so I could make park reservations) but it ended up being no big deal.
They were so sweet and the line moved very quickly. Plus it is indoors which is why we chose this one over the MK one :)
We figured we might as well just finish all the rides in the park so Mission Space was up next!
tempImageDzb41L.jpg

tempImagexfiXHh.jpg

We were the only ones on the ride :joyfull:
tempImageqv7ZDN.jpg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
05D68AF8-3BBF-4CEE-9E5A-838CDD12D9C5.jpeg

0741E2CC-8767-4F42-B054-227E7E535E83.jpeg

7AB3B446-5145-411C-9555-F2F57FEC8A79.jpeg

The park was clearly empty this day (which was nuts for the day before the 50th) but I swear everyone was in line at Space 220. We thought maybe we could capitalize on low crowds by trying to walk up to the bar but no such luck! We did also want to check out the new Club Cool but we asked about 10 CMs and no one could really point us in the right direction. Somehow along our lost walk we ended back up at Test Track :joyfull:
tempImageWgdjEl.jpg

tempImage5Z3Si6.jpg

We only waited 15 minutes!
tempImageKKlC3w.jpg

4111E084-524A-4010-8566-BF4AE5D8FF93.jpeg

tempImage3AbcUg.jpg

Eventually someone told us to go through The Creations store to get to Club Cool
tempImageHmVAPl.jpg

It was so cool in there!
Thankfully we did find Club Cool after!
tempImage7UpTwk.jpg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
No lie waiting to get into Club Cool was the longest wait of our day :hilarious:
tempImagewjy7Sz.jpg

tempImageqWXJYC.jpg

tempImageBd81jm.jpg

Honestly I did not really like any of the pops they had. I missed some of the old ones!
We headed back towards World Showcase after this
tempImagek63pcp.jpg

We tried to stalk Ratatouille in the off chance we would be let in :joyfull::joyfull: It did not work
tempImageGX1nlh.jpg

What a nice view ....of barges...
tempImageFzA7Dd.jpg

They are at least decorated for the 50th though :joyfull:
tempImagecxqcF0.jpg

We had dinner plans at Via Napoli so we headed there next. We actually were supposed to eat at Garden Grill but we ended up finding this the day before we left. We love Garden Grill but the time was a lot earlier than we wanted so this worked out better.
A nice photo my Mom took of me waiting...
05C5E8BB-A4B5-4CE9-86E9-D742F1FD914E.jpeg

tempImagePCWtFb.jpg

We were seated all alone in the sun room area
tempImagehwXE8n.jpg

Next up: finishing up the day!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
tempImagedrrMH4.jpg

tempImageBOvV0Y.jpg

We ordered some focaccia bread
tempImagepZNMUo.jpg

tempImageHPk3vW.jpg

And pizza of course (with olives and pepperoni)
tempImage2seaXl.jpg

tempImageZ4zQxl.jpg

After our delicious dinner we headed out and back to the hotel! We had planned on going to MK but we were exhausted and the next day was a big day so we relaxed in the room instead.
tempImagefWnn9N.jpg

Next up: the 50th !

lindawdw

It looks like you had the BEST day at Epcot just walking on attractions! I was hoping to at least sit at the bar in Space 220 in December but I guess I'll have to wait and see how crowded it is! Nice view from your balcony of the beach and the DVC building. It's always good to relax early on your arrival day.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
It looks like you had the BEST day at Epcot just walking on attractions! I was hoping to at least sit at the bar in Space 220 in December but I guess I'll have to wait and see how crowded it is! Nice view from your balcony of the beach and the DVC building. It's always good to relax early on your arrival day.

We had the absolute best time!!
The wait may not have been too bad but we did not bother to ask!

That pizza looks soooo good!! We ate there last trip and it's on our list again :)

It was so good!!! I love it there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom