Trip Report Our 20th Anniversary Trip to the Caribbean...December 2018 COMPLETED

Caribbean Beach Resort, that is!!

Well, we've been back awhile, and the Disney Blues have hit me really hard this time for several reasons to be discussed later, so I have put off starting this report, but I am finally ready. I had arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder this past Friday and took this whole week off, so hopefully I can finish before I go back to work!

If you didn't catch my semi-live report, my husband (Brian) and I (Amy) were at WDW from December 16-20 celebrating our 20th anniversary.

Sunday, December 16, 2018
We had an early (6:00am) flight from Columbus, OH which is about an hour from our house, so we had a very early wake up call! My mom had come over the night before since she was staying with the kids while we were gone, so we quickly got ourselves ready and were out the door with minimal fuss.
20181216_031218.jpg

I had my nails done up to match my new MagicBand!
20181215_212337.jpg

We had an uneventful trip to Columbus and got checked in and through security very quickly. One of the gate agents had lived in Florida for years, and spent a good bit of time talking to us about WDW which made the time go faster. We got to see the sun come up while we were in the air.
IMG_8952.JPG

IMG_8953.JPG

IMG_8954.JPG

IMG_8955.JPG

It was very foggy in Orlando, and we thought we were still making our descent through the clouds, when all of a sudden we were on the ground! It was quite a shock, but luckily it was very smooth since Brian is not a good flier!

We were quickly in the main terminal and admiring this:
20181216_081837.jpg

Had to stop to get a picture of:
20181216_081906.jpg

Also had to stop in the Universal store to see if they had anything Harry Potter for Lily.
20181216_082234.jpg

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Some gondola station construction pics on the way in:
IMG_8967.JPG

IMG_8968.JPG

IMG_8969.JPG

We were dropped off at the new Old Port Royale.
20181216_094356.jpg

20181216_094434.jpg

And we made our way to the front desk to check in. It was pretty enough, but it just didn't do anything for me compared to the old Old Port Royale. Brian really detested the scent that was a little overpowering when first entering too! We had gotten the text that our room wasn't ready yet, but we wanted to pick up our anniversary pins, so we spoke with a CM at the desk. He was nice enough, and offered to get us a room that was ready then, but did tell us that we were assigned to a corner room in Jamaica if we wanted to wait. Since I had requested a corner room in Jamaica, we decided to wait!! It ended up being a water view room (which we did not pay for), so I was extra happy that we decided to wait!

First order of business was to change, Brian put shorts on and I just changed into my flip flops. Then we handed our bags over to Bell Services and headed for our first destination, which was to find lunch and Christmas mugs since there were none at CBR!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We made our way to the bus stop and were heading to Disney Springs in no time.
IMG_8970.JPG

IMG_8971.JPG

20181216_105200.jpg

IMG_8972.JPG

IMG_8973.JPG

IMG_8974.JPG

First order of business was to check the Vera Bradley store to see if they had any of the new exclusive Disney pattern in stock. They did, but not the Vera Tote that I wanted, so I got the mini hipster instead, and the blanket.
20181221_102648.jpg

20181221_105258.jpg

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
After my Vera purchases were made, we were wanting lunch, but it wasn't quite 11:00 yet, so we wandered for a few.
IMG_8975.JPG

IMG_8976.JPG

Brian was wanting fish and chips, so we ended up here:
IMG_8977.JPG

IMG_8978.JPG

We weren't terribly hungry, so we split an order.
IMG_8979.JPG

It was delicious!! We sat outside and enjoyed the mild weather.
IMG_8980.JPG

Then we made our way to the Christmas store to pick out an ornament.
IMG_8981.JPG

IMG_8983.JPG

IMG_8982.JPG

OMG was it crowded!! I know it was a Sunday, but I figured it was early enough that it wouldn't be too bad. Boy, was I wrong!! We turned right back around and headed for our next destination.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Since we weren't planning on going to any parks other than MK for the Christmas Party, our goal was to see all of the resorts that we had never been to, as well as seeing the decorations in all the deluxe resorts. We were going to start with Port Orleans. We just missed a boat, so we had to wait a little while for another one.
IMG_8984.JPG

IMG_8985.JPG

IMG_8986.JPG

IMG_8987.JPG

IMG_8988.JPG
IMG_8989.JPG

IMG_8990.JPG

IMG_8991.JPG

IMG_8992.JPG

IMG_8993.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom