Ouch! Every DVC 2-BR and Studio gone in early Dec?!

E-ticket-liz

Original Poster
We have a colleague who was going to sell us her points so we could stay in a 2-BR villa at one of the DVC resorts. Every 2-BR and studio at all the DVC resorts are booked during our trip--Dec. 3-11. What gives? This is supposed to be off season!;) So, any suggestions? We're already booked at ASMu, but it's going to be packed with PW kids, so the food court will be crazy and it's going to be loud at night. Plus, we were really hoping to have the kitchen(ette) and hopefully the W/D in the 2-BR. Is there a trick to getting in? I'll be cross-posting this to the regular planning forum, but I'm hoping maybe someone here knows something I don't about getting a DVC resort, or about recent crowd levels in early Dec. The DVC CM with whom I spoke yesterday said that more and more DVC members have been going in early Dec. over the last 5 years, although this year seems more crowded than ever before. :confused:

Oh, and no, we can't really change our dates. I already have plane tix, MVMCP tix, and CP ressies, plus I'm a student and that's the best time to go before Dec. 15, when the crowds really start getting wild down there.

Thanks!

E-ticket-liz

socalkdg

Three reasons, the points are less, Christmas decorations are up, more members.

So you couldn't even get SSR or OKW? You might want to consider booking a studio and a 1 bedroom. Only a couple points more, still gives you a kitchen in the 1 bedroom. Worth a try.

GrowingUpDisney

You could see if your colleague wouldn't mind adding your request to the wait list for the dates and room size you need. If a room with critera you want comes available, they call her and she has 24 hours to respond. This way, you can keep your ressie at ASMu and hope something comes open. It doesn't cost her anything and she is not obligated to take the room just becuase they call.

I am not sure of your cancellation options for ASMu, but I would assume that you have at least a 3 day window. We have done this "wait list " alot and we have always gotten what we were asking for. (but it was never a 2br). I hope this helps

Niki

PixyDust

We prefer to go in the first weeks of December, and have been waitlisted a few times at several months out for 2 bedroom accommodations at OKW. While they've always come through in the end, it is a VERY busy time for DVC members. (We've even gone into the week before our trip once to find out if we were actually going to get to stay the entire time we planned to. Once I even got the last night secured WHILE we were in our OKW room!)

I agree that you should try the 1 BR/studio option.

Yoop33

I know what you mean. The lady and I have been planning this for a while and when we called apparently it wasn't early enough. We (she) have to stay at the Wilderness Lodge and no other place so the rep we talked to suggested the waiting list. I am on it now but am unsure if it will pan out.
So my questions is can I be on the waiting list and make reservations elsewhere just incase? And if I do get the waiting list villa can I cancell the actuall reservation that I made?

DisneyPhD

socalkdg said:
Three reasons, the points are less, Christmas decorations are up, more members.

So you couldn't even get SSR or OKW? You might want to consider booking a studio and a 1 bedroom. Only a couple points more, still gives you a kitchen in the 1 bedroom. Worth a try.

I agree with this, you can also get on a wait list for other resorts. SSR will be the one that most likely will open up (the 2 bedrooms at OKW are VERY popular since they are so big.) You can switch the studio and bedroom when the 2 bedroom opens up. Really that is what most 2 bedrooms are is a stuido and a one bedroom conecting anyway. This is a very popular time for DVC members.

I am calling tmw and making out SSR for Jan 4 to 11th. I called last week and this was the only DVC with room, but he said they had many. (we are doing a studio.)

I have had wait lists come through in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom