Other Orlando Fun

marksniles

I have a question and I knew you guys were the ones I could go to. My wife and I are going to WDW at the end of August for 11 days. We always stay on property and do the theme parks. This year we're also seeing La Nouba. I was wondering if you could give us some suggestions for other things to see. We've been to Universal and the wife doesn't want to go back. We've been to Wonder Works & Ripley's. Not too interested in revisiting those. We've done DisneyQuest (not a fan). I'd like to visit Winter Park too. We eventually would like to move down to FL and from what I've seen online, Winter Park seems nice. Any great places to eat or visit there? Any suggestions you could share would be great. Thanks!

Mark

mickey7879

We like to take a ride over to Celebration. It's so cute there. We like to park and go for a walk through the town. We went to some of the shops, but after looking at some of the prices of things, walked out VERY carefully! It's especially nice around Christmas with it "snowing nightly" but it's also so cute all year round.

You could also take a drive over to Cocoa Beach for the day. Very nice over there as well. Just sitting on the beach is relaxing! Or maybe go to Kennedy Space Center. Haven't been there in years, but will go again when our son gets a little older. We're planning on spending a few days at Daytona Beach after our Disney part of our trip is over.

Right at Disney, packing a picnic lunch and renting a pontoon boat is pretty relaxing as well! We like to do this every trip.

What about a massage, carriage ride, tour, Discovery Cove at SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, shopping at the outlet malls.....

Hope this gives you a few ideas to do!

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Ah we did this on our honeymoon. We went to the parks but checked out everything else as well....Here are a few things we/I did

-Kennedy Space Center
-We drove to Clearwater Beach and spent the day there
-I have done Discovery Cove and had a great time.
-Look into doing hot air balloon rides/tours across the area...

Upvote 0

sueuk

We always visit Celebration for coffee, and souvenir (Xmas ornament) buying etc, there are some lovely little shops. On International Drive there is a good Titanic exhibition and show - well worth seeing. A visit to Boggy Creek Airboats is fun, and they have an hour long Night tour (in the dark) which we're trying out this year. My husband enjoyed Flights of Fantasy - I found it OK. Have fun. :wave:

Upvote 0

WDW_Jon

We did Discovery Cove on our last trip and will be doing it again next time, that is definatly worth a look, but you do have to book the day of your visit in advance due to limited capacity.

Other than that probably just Seaworld for me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom