Osceola Interchange/Road Permits

peter11435

While I think this project is doing a lot of good and fixed much of the exit/entrance problem at studios, I'm disappointed they made the route to Disney Springs so inconvenient. You literally have to drive around the entire park to get there.
Easiest route (depending on traffic) is to exit the studios and take I4 north to the next exit to access Disney springs

MadTeacup

Easiest route (depending on traffic) is to exit the studios and take I4 north to the next exit to access Disney springs
That depends on the time of day, though. During rush hour, I would never go that way. Traffic can be pretty awful around the Lake Buena Vista exit. Now if we're talking before 4pm, sure!

peter11435

That depends on the time of day, though. During rush hour, I would never go that way. Traffic can be pretty awful around the Lake Buena Vista exit. Now if we're talking before 4pm, sure!
Absolutely. That’s why I said depending on traffic. Personally I take the scenic route and stay on property.

mm121

I'd probably go west on osceola then north on World

Orange is definitely the better route to take.

best to avoid I 4 at all costs

Screenshot_20190607-021754_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

JohnD

I'd probably go west on osceola then north on World

Orange is definitely the better route to take.

best to avoid I 4 at all costs

View attachment 379724

Leaving HS, I took the wrong turn to Pop Century. (I stayed in the leftmost lanes rather than veered right). I noticed a sign for "Florida's Turnpike". I missed that it said "South" underneath it rather than "North". I found myself driving on Osceola Parkway past I-4 then taking a U-turn to get back to Victory Way. I won't make that mistake again. As shown on your map, to get back to Pop, Animation, and Caribbean Beach, you need to keep turning right until you turn right onto Victory Way from Lake Buena Vista Drive then left into one of those resorts.

Monorail_Red_77

Leaving HS, I took the wrong turn to Pop Century. (I stayed in the leftmost lanes rather than veered right). I noticed a sign for "Florida's Turnpike". I missed that it said "South" underneath it rather than "North". I found myself driving on Osceola Parkway past I-4 then taking a U-turn to get back to Victory Way. I won't make that mistake again. As shown on your map, to get back to Pop, Animation, and Caribbean Beach, you need to keep turning right until you turn right onto Victory Way from Lake Buena Vista Drive then left into one of those resorts.
I wonder if they are banking on the fact that those resorts will take the gondolas mostly? Still annoying they didn't make a left turn onto Victory. Same issue if you are trying to leave property from Buena Vista Dr Disney Springs area and cannot turn left on to Epcot Center Dr to leave property. You have to go down to the Backstage Ln light and do a U Turn on Buena Vista Dr then veer right on to Epcot Center Dr.

mm121

mm121

Yea going east on osceola is a mess if you want victory since there really isn't anywhere to make a uturn until you ho way out of your way,

HoldenC

I'll echo the sentiments that this was a great and needed addition BUT I also lament that DS access is a tad bit out of the way. That being said, you could always take Osceola to I Drice and then take a left on the road besides the old Nickelodeon hotel then left onto epcot center drive and go to springs via BVD that way.

mm121

I'll echo the sentiments that this was a great and needed addition BUT I also lament that DS access is a tad bit out of the way. That being said, you could always take Osceola to I Drice and then take a left on the road besides the old Nickelodeon hotel then left onto epcot center drive and go to springs via BVD that way.
You end up going way east just to go back west again that way.

peter11435

That is not even possible. you can't access the the epcot exit from the osceola on ramp. it goes over it
You’d have to exit to 535 which would be the next exit and access Disney Springs via Hotel Plaza Blvd. Like I said it wouldn’t be ideal. I prefer to stay on property and wrap around the studios. But if you’re looking to avoid driving around the studios it’s an option.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's the difference between the DHS wrap-around vs. I4 at rush hour...

The double clover leaf...

Using Gaylord Palms as a U-Turn...

The DHS wrap-around is the winner.

Monorail_Red_77

For the record, isn't the red route impossible? Getting on I-4 east at location doesn't put you in a spot where you can get off at epcot center drive.
Correct. When you exit Osceola heading north on I-4 you actually go under the Epcot Exit Overpass and cannot get back to WDW until 535 at Exit 68. The 536 entrance ramp is next to I-4 roadway but you do not merge to that entrance ramp until under Osceola Overpass. This is where it splits from I-4 with no ability to enter or exit after that except to continue onto 536 Westbound.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom