Osceola Interchange/Road Permits

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And heres the current version with what appears to be more changes around World Drive, unless I missed them the first time:

WD - OSC May15.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This looks pretty good, but the two lines you have connecting further up on Victory are not in plans. There appears to just be an entrance from Victory and no exit.
I don't recall which but one of the revisions included a DHS exit onto Victory. It'd be a silly error to remove this surely for guest traffic heading to the Epcot resort area. Unless the north exit will still be accessible for guests.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So does the first picture of the World Drive interchange show that the ramp connecting to the existing toll booths is going away?

It's not clear at this point. The plans do add a new ramp from Osceola west bound into the existing park entrance.

Ripken10

Wild guesses aside, does anybody have knowledge of what road construction like this typically takes (keep the Disney construction jokes out of it). I know they can take a long time. There is one close to me for (what seems like) a simple entrance onto a highway - one direction is expected to finish in 2018, while the other not till 2021 -- and it seems to the untrained eye like something simple to do (in fact less complicated than what Disney has here).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't recall which but one of the revisions included a DHS exit onto Victory. It'd be a silly error to remove this surely for guest traffic heading to the Epcot resort area. Unless the north exit will still be accessible for guests.

Looks like they dropped the exit for whatever reason.

Fox&Hound

This is exciting! Good to see Disney planning ahead and if this makes future expansion more likely than its a win for all of us =)

mm121

They should have this done before Star Wars land opens.
since star wars land has no dates or timeline its possible this will be built at the same time toy story land is being built and still be done before sw land is complete
Does this mean the the entrance off of Buena Vista Drive will be closed (or be bus-only)?
bus only most likely
:D

Heres the very very very most recent version, minus the exit onto Victory North.

View attachment 141170

could the ramp exiting to oceola east also allow traffic to go north on victory? thats a possibility

seems like it would be bad to only direct traffic "off property" rather than allowing traffic easy access on property

or they want everyone to go over to world drive and take that up to epcot/mk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom