Osbourne Lights Returning under new Name?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Putting a light display on Sunset Blvd would be an operational disaster. Streets of America worked because it was exclusively for the lights. Imagine all those people that were there each night, just standing there on Sunset Blvd. Then throw in Fantastic dumping 10000 people into the street, along with Beauty and the Beast, and the parks two most popular attractions.

Ignohippo

I thought I read one of the removal team post that no care was taken when the lights were removed. I think they are long gone from this mortal coil.

True, but those lights were created with the SoA structures in mind. None of them would be usable anywhere else, anyway. It isn't as though they were a string of lights you put up at your house. They were nets that were uniquely designed for each building. The things that weren't specifically created for SoA were most likely the self-standing structures that were given back to the Osborne family.

There's zero chance of the lights going to Sunset Blvd. Besides the operational impossibility, where are the buildings to hang them on? The very few buildings that there even are along Sunset Blvd. are only one, maybe two, stories high.

Sounds like some fanboi making things up.

Last edited:

nepalostparks

A credible source came to us at Pixels At The Parks (I'm @androckb) and shared the info. Given the source's reliability, we decided to share. Of course, it's only a rumor at this point. We don't get too caught up in rumors, but occasionally share ones from good sources.

I'm not suggesting that they are simply picking up and plopping the Osborne Lights onto Sunset Boulevard, and I don't believe our source was either.

roj2323

The only way I could see this working is if they did it as a projection instead of actual lights and it was on a timed schedule of say 10 minutes once ever hour. This would allow them to coordinate the shows with fantasmic crowds and minimize the impact. That said, as a former DHS showkeeper I largely agree with everyone else that osbourne lights on sunset would be a logistics nightmare.

YodaMan

The only way I could see this working is if they did it as a projection instead of actual lights and it was on a timed schedule of say 10 minutes once ever hour. This would allow them to coordinate the shows with fantasmic crowds and minimize the impact. That said, as a former DHS showkeeper I largely agree with everyone else that osbourne lights on sunset would be a logistics nightmare.

Agreed. Use the projection technology for the new Fireworks and utilize it up and down Hollywood and Sunset and have it presented intermittently so as to not create major crowd problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom