Orlando Taxi Fare Calculator

Shere_Khan

I found a link to this taxi fare calculator for the Orlando area and I cannot figure out how to get the information.
I am trying to figure out what the cab far to Universal would be from certain areas of the park.
There is a drop down for Point of Interest. So I chose Epcot and Universal Studios and it gives me an error message that I don't have the correct addresses.
So then I tried again entering physical street addresses for Port Oreans Riverside and Universal Studios. Still got the error.

Has anyone used this? And if so, can you tell me the rates from Port Oreans or Epcot to Universal Studios? Or how to work the dang thing?
http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando

I appreciate any help.

ErickainPA

why not look at the Lynx bus service instead, they will take you from the airport to the different parks, and a lot cheaper from what I have read about it. A friend of mine took the Lynx from Disney Resorts (there is a stop right at Downtown Disney area) to Sea World and it was about $2.00 she said.

From Downtown Disney to Universal with that taxi fare site it would cost: Estimated Fare: $38.56* : The estimated fare is $38.56 using the rate in Orlando. The trip is 10.7 mi and will take 18 mins. This includes a 15% tip.

From Blizzard Beach to Universal it would be: $51.21

Magic Kingdom to Universal is: $48.07

FYI - I am getting a rental for $39 for 24 hours.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.

We are only going to Universal one day and that is the only time we are leaving property. Even if a car is cheaper, I don't think it will be worth the hassle of getting that set up just for one day. So we were looking into what a cab would cost.
That is higher then I was hoping, but I did not know about the bus. I wonder how easy it is to figure out.
I will definitely check that out! Thanks for the response!

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

It will probably make a couple of stops, so try and set out early enough if you have a certain time you want to be at the park. But it will definitely be wayyyyyy cheaper than a cab.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

This poor guy's video made me vow never to take a Lynx bus to Universal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6QWC2qElw&feature=related

Alright, so he didn't really know what he was doing, and yes you save $30-$40, but the time wasted is ridiculous.
Have you bought your Universal tickets yet? Have you looked into the 2 park 1 day pass with free Mears roundtrip transportation? Even if you just use Mears, it's $18 round trip per person -- still cheaper than a cab and without all the time delays.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Yes I did buy the tickets already.
We only bought a one park pass since we planned to spend our time mainly around Harry Potter and maybe see some other things at IoA if we have time, and we planned on going back to Disney for the evening hours if it works out. So I missed out on the free Mears. :(

How do I set up Mears? They will pick us up from our resort? Then do we have to specify the time they come back for us?

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Yup pretty much! Just call them the day before you want to go and set up a pick-up time (they'll pick you up outside your resort, where the taxis wait.) They'll probably pick other people up too, so make sure you're a little bit early! We got burned once when we got there exactly at the pick-up time and they had already been and gone.
Then while you're at Universal, call them a couple of hours before you want to leave and they'll set up a time to get you.

Their number is 407-423-5566

If you're only doing one park, it'll probably be cheaper to get the ticket/transportation separately than the 2 park ticket anyway =)

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Yup pretty much! Just call them the day before you want to go and set up a pick-up time (they'll pick you up outside your resort, where the taxis wait.) They'll probably pick other people up too, so make sure you're a little bit early! We got burned once when we got there exactly at the pick-up time and they had already been and gone.
Then while you're at Universal, call them a couple of hours before you want to leave and they'll set up a time to get you.

Their number is 407-423-5566

If you're only doing one park, it'll probably be cheaper to get the ticket/transportation separately than the 2 park ticket anyway =)

Thank you SO much!

I really appreciate the info.
The $18/person will be much better then the cab I think and it doesn't seem like too much more planning.
And good to know you can call a couple hours before you want to leave. I was thinking I would have to tell them when we set it up when we wanted to be picked back up and was afraid the cab would be easier since we wouldn't really know until we got there how much we could get accomplished!

Upvote 0

lilclerk

No problem! Depending on how many people are with you, it's definitely a lot cheaper than a cab. Especially since once you include the tip, the cab will run over $80 round trip.

Upvote 0

Lucky

Thanks for the info.

We are only going to Universal one day and that is the only time we are leaving property. Even if a car is cheaper, I don't think it will be worth the hassle of getting that set up just for one day. So we were looking into what a cab would cost.
That is higher then I was hoping, but I did not know about the bus. I wonder how easy it is to figure out.
I will definitely check that out! Thanks for the response!
That was our thinking too. So last Wednesday we took a cab from the TTC to Universal, for $39 plus tip each way. The time saved was worth any slightly higher expense. There was no wait for cabs at TTC, and about a 10-minute wait at closing time at Uni. If you don't leave Uni at the same time as thousands of other people like we did, there's probably no wait.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
That was our thinking too. So last Wednesday we took a cab from the TTC to Universal, for $39 plus tip each way. The time saved was worth any slightly higher expense. There was no wait for cabs at TTC, and about a 10-minute wait at closing time at Uni. If you don't leave Uni at the same time as thousands of other people like we did, there's probably no wait.

$39 one way does not sound horrible for the convenience of it. I was hearing rumors of more like 50-60 one way and I was thinking that was a little much.

I need to find a property map in comparision to where Universal is.
Wouldn't Port Orleans or Epcot be closer to Universal then the TTC?

Upvote 0

WDW-LUVR

I took a cab one year to the outlets they drove right the place we wont say and it cost me $25 each way from DTD. years ago we went and took Mears bus roundtrip it was $20 per person

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

$39 one way does not sound horrible for the convenience of it. I was hearing rumors of more like 50-60 one way and I was thinking that was a little much.

I need to find a property map in comparision to where Universal is.
Wouldn't Port Orleans or Epcot be closer to Universal then the TTC?

Honestly any part of Disney is not that close to Universal. You have to pick up cabs where they offer them, they are only allowed at certain places. You have to go up Interstate 4 past International Drive and it's up that way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom