Orlando man charged with hitting a Disney security guard during fight over COVID-19 mask rule

techgeek

I have always heard... through the grapevine of course... that CM’s are rarely encouraged by management to press assault charges, to avoid just these exact kind of news stories, among other potential legal complications.

Wonder if the subject matter of this particular incident caused a different sort of judgment call to be made...

PG 134

Exactly. And it needs to be said again, they arrived with masks. But masks that don’t meet Disney’s requirements. That’s very different than arguing about wearing a mask.

Quite making excuses for violent criminals who can't control themselves. The Guest CHOSE to strike the Employee. The Guest was not forced to strike the employee. The Employee did not ask to be hit.

The Guest made a choice and it was the wrong both morally and legally.

JoeCamel

Quite making excuses for violent criminals who can't control themselves. The Guest CHOSE to strike the Employee. The Guest was not forced to strike the employee. The Employee did not ask to be hit.

I agree but the company could have put other measures in play if they anticipated this (they should have).
Empower the CMs to pull out a minnie or mickey mask and present it to the child with fanfare. Could be magical rather than "back to the car until presentable!"

Lilofan

The cast member also had two choices. To press charges or not. If the CM didn't want to press charges the bad guy could just walk away. The CM decided to press charges and the guy was arrested.

PG 134

The cast member also had two choices. To press charges or not. If the CM didn't want to press charges the bad guy could just walk away. The CM decided to press charges and the guy was arrested.

CM's(and Guests too) have every right to press charges against people who hit/attack them. Hitting/attacking another person is a crime in every state. DON'T EVER let any Manager pressure you against requesting law enforcement as a victim. Management should support their staff especially when they are a victim.

TrainsOfDisney

Do you just make up random theories for a particular reason?

You think I’m the only one making up random theories on this website? You must be new here!

I’m just trying to imagine what happened... the CM was not injured so I question if it was a full on punch or a “hey get off me” kind of reaction.

Archie123

You think I’m the only one making up random theories on this website? You must be new here!

I’m just trying to imagine what happened... the CM was not injured so I question if it was a full on punch or a “hey get off me” kind of reaction.

Again, you seem the type who wants to create your own scenario, make excuses, and justify an assault. Says a lot.

ImperfectPixie

For those who didn’t read the article... this wasn’t just “put your mask on please” and then he punched him.

The family arrived at Epcot with “improper masks” they went back to the car and returned but then a security guard said one of the kids masks was still “improper” - walking to and from the Epcot parking lot 3 times would probably try anyone’s patience.
I don't care how drunk, hot, tired, soaking wet, whatever the guest was - there is NO EXCUSE for assaulting someone unless it is in self defense.

denyuntilcaught

I don’t appreciate the personal attack.

This is a discussion board and I’m trying to discuss what happened. That’s all.

I hear you, I do, but read the room. Like you, I always try to understand the other person's perspective, but in this case, is does come across as if you're trying to justify or defend his behavior by saying "well, we don't know the full story." Which, sure, we don't, but there's not much more to it. Even if the man was turned away twice or three times, that doesn't justify his actions. Thousands of others are able to get into the parks just fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom