Orlando man charged with hitting a Disney security guard during fight over COVID-19 mask rule

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"An Orlando man struck an Epcot security guard when he was reminded to follow the theme park’s mask rules, an Orange County sheriff’s report says, the first known crime report involving such a confrontation at Disney World.

Enrico Toro, 35, is accused of hitting the guard in the head and threatening to kill him, which led to Toro’s arrest Aug. 14, the arrest affidavit said.

He is charged with misdemeanor battery and doesn’t have an attorney listed, Orange Circuit Court records show.

“We expect guests to treat our cast members with courtesy and respect, and while the vast majority of guests have adapted to our new measures, this unfortunate case required law enforcement,” Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger said in a statement."

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

I wonder why people are such jerks that they feel this is an appropriate way to behave in public (or not even in public) to rules put in place by a private company.
I really believe, that what some people think that behave in this manner, is that they are right and the world is wrong. It’s a scary thing but we see it everyday somewhere and usually when asked about it they usually say” they have no right” or “ we live in the United States “. It’s frightening actually.

Disney Analyst

I really believe, that what some people think that behave in this manner, is that they are right and the world is wrong. It’s a scary thing but we see it everyday somewhere and usually when asked about it they usually say” they have no right” or “ we live in the United States “. It’s frightening actually.

To believe one has the right to assault any other individual is the act of a sociopath (imo).

InnKpr

Yep. Sadly the "Don't tread on me, but let me tread on you" mentality is alive and growing.

TrainsOfDisney

Did the security guard get physical first? That’s an important question.

Edit - Still trying to figure out where this happened and why other security or sherif didn’t get involved when he was hit / being threatened.

InnKpr

Yeah I read the whole article... if the security guard placed his hand on him first that changes things.
This is yet another reason why things are so bonkers in 2020. People keep putting their own theories above facts.

Show me where there has been any indication the security guard started the scuffle in any manner physically. When that info is released, then we can have this discussion.

Until then, all we have is: Security guard reminded guest to wear mask. Guest assaulted/threatened security guard. Those are all the facts we have so far.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Yeah I read the whole article... if the security guard placed his hand on him first that changes things.
Sad world that a CM can't place a hand on guest back.

That guy will be banned from property obviously, but why come to the parks if you can't handle a simple mask rule? The parks aren't for you right now, and he should have stayed home.

tanc

After visiting Disney springs, I saw more people wearing masks incorrectly or some just not at all (especially kids) and tbh I am not surprised if it majorly contributes to why Florida has so many cases.

It was prevalent more in Disney Springs than the park since there's less CMs there I guess.

It's like did you literally just not research anything before coming to Disney?

Alice a

I wonder what ticket media was used?

I've been filling in at a friend's small hardware store while the college I work at is closed. The City of Charleston requires masks indoors, and has for months, yet I daily have completely sober men at all hours of the day threaten me when I politely ask them to wear one, and offer a free disposable mask.

I'm less than five feet tall and 130 lbs soaking wet, but the alpha male is threatened by me and a piece of fabric. Don't blame the booze, or the security guard 's manner, this is who this jerk is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom