Orlando Informer Meetup - June 2

JohnD

Original Poster
Is this woth doing? It costs $156 on one night (June 2) and is similar to MNSSHP. By comparison I bought a 4 day FL resident ticket deal (same cost as regular 2 day FL resident ticket) for $204.

I have booked three nights at UOR May 29-June 1 with WDW resort stays on either side so will still be in the area through June 3. I have committed two full days at UOR May 30-31 but could hop in to the parks May 29 and June 1 with my 4 day ticket.

With that as background, is it worth it to come back Saturday night at an exclusive event for another $156?

https://meetup.orlandoinformer.com

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I have been to several of these. This is by far the largest event, think about it, you get into the parks at 5, they clear out all the non event guests at 7 and you have BOTH parks to the event guests til 1am. No lines to speak of, over 50 places to get food and special dishes prepared for this event. All the non alcoholic drinks you want and you get to see the parks at night which is not normal.
My opinion? I bought my ticket when it was announced so I will be there

JohnD

Original Poster
I have been to several of these. This is by far the largest event, think about it, you get into the parks at 5, they clear out all the non event guests at 7 and you have BOTH parks to the event guests til 1am. No lines to speak of, over 50 places to get food and special dishes prepared for this event. All the non alcoholic drinks you want and you get to see the parks at night which is not normal.
My opinion? I bought my ticket when it was announced so I will be there

Understood. But I still bought a 4 day ticket for $204 compared to one night for $156. Also going to SWGN on 5/27. I’ll have to give it some serious thought.

JoeCamel

Understood. But I still bought a 4 day ticket for $204 compared to one night for $156. Also going to SWGN on 5/27. I’ll have to give it some serious thought.
This would be my thought. You will be there on one of the busiest weekends of the year. If I had the choice I would do this one event and not bother trying to fight the crowds during the day.

JohnD

Original Poster
This would be my thought. You will be there on one of the busiest weekends of the year. If I had the choice I would do this one event and not bother trying to fight the crowds during the day.

The FL resident ticket is bought and must be used through 6/30. I’ll spare you the details but I can’t take more time off within a month of this trip, so the FL resident tix will be used during this trip. It’s a question if I’ll do the add on.

I am Timmy

So, JohnD, did you end up going to the meetup? Curious because Orlando Informer is having another one Dec. 15th, finally during a time when my family will be in Orlando! We've been to Uni many times, and have noticed here and there when it closes early for a private party. We have always been intrigued as to what one would be like. After reading up on this one, we decided to go for it, even though we will already have moved over to the DW portion of our trip. So curious now!

I am Timmy

Got tickets to the Dec. 15th one, any tips? We are very excited about this, it seems like so much is included. As for the cost, I paid $516 for 3 people (me, ds 26, ds23) and I know it sounds like a lot, but we've paid to do other events (HHN w/ express pass for example) and see value. Both parks will be open to us! We fly from Wa. state, so we try to gauge cost vs. experience, and we've rarely been disappointed. With all the upcharge events available now, we do pick and choose based on our interests, and this definitely seemed to fit! My boys are Disney thru and thru (we do love Uni, but always end our trips at DW), and they chose this over the Disney After Hours (3 hours after closing) event on Dec. 10th from 10pm to 1am. They love MK, but we also like value for our money, and DAH would have been $399 for us, for only 3 hours. Now I'm looking up any info. I can find on past meet ups to see what we can expect. Any help would be lovely. TIA!

JoeCamel

Got tickets to the Dec. 15th one, any tips? We are very excited about this, it seems like so much is included. As for the cost, I paid $516 for 3 people (me, ds 26, ds23) and I know it sounds like a lot, but we've paid to do other events (HHN w/ express pass for example) and see value. Both parks will be open to us! We fly from Wa. state, so we try to gauge cost vs. experience, and we've rarely been disappointed. With all the upcharge events available now, we do pick and choose based on our interests, and this definitely seemed to fit! My boys are Disney thru and thru (we do love Uni, but always end our trips at DW), and they chose this over the Disney After Hours (3 hours after closing) event on Dec. 10th from 10pm to 1am. They love MK, but we also like value for our money, and DAH would have been $399 for us, for only 3 hours. Now I'm looking up any info. I can find on past meet ups to see what we can expect. Any help would be lovely. TIA!
The value is real, go early and pick up your credentials as soon as they start vending them. Go to the parks if you want to mix with the day guests, you have plenty of time to do everything you want with little to no waits later on in the evening.
From the time they close the parks to day guests til they reopen everything is about an hour so find a place you want to be for the hour or wander around the areas. Water was available at the front of IoA in June, I am sure they will have something like that but it won't be as hot when you go.
Once the parks reopen there is food everywhere, buffet style mostly with a huge variety and plenty of it. Best time I have had in the parks and I have been to 5 of these. Still deciding if I go to December, I'm 10 nights at HHN this year but the parks will be redone for Christmas soooo...

Last edited:

JohnD

Original Poster
So, JohnD, did you end up going to the meetup? Curious because Orlando Informer is having another one Dec. 15th, finally during a time when my family will be in Orlando! We've been to Uni many times, and have noticed here and there when it closes early for a private party. We have always been intrigued as to what one would be like. After reading up on this one, we decided to go for it, even though we will already have moved over to the DW portion of our trip. So curious now!

I didn't go to the June 2 meetup. My Spring trip had Uni sandwiched between WDW. But I am going to the December 15 meetup. I'm starting my trip at WDW Dec 9-13, then Uni Dec 13-16 so it worked out perfectly for me. Look forward to it.

Don't know if this is a tip but as a FL Resident, I was eligible to purchase a 4-day ticket for the price of two with a code from a BK soft drink. While I could have purchased park-to-park, I opted for the cheaper non-park-to-park tix. I'll be at Uni Dec 13-16. I'm primarily in the parks Dec 14-15 so break even. But I am still eligible to enter 12/13 and 12/16. Another reason for the non-park-to-park tix is that the OI meetup is in both parks.

I am Timmy

We will already be at Uni Dec. 3-8, then check in at DW Dec. 8 eve. to 23rd (but may add on to the 26th). Sooo, to do this we will already be over at Disney and will Uber over to Uni on the 15th for the night. Unusual for us, we usually stay in our Uni bubble the 1st part of our trip and then the Disney bubble. But this was too good to pass up! Even my boys were conflicted about mixing the bubbles, but in the end "private party" won the day. For the first part at Uni, we're getting the annual pass (cheaper than 5 day tix).
Whenever we go in October we always go to HHN, but we've been going in Dec. the past few years. We love it! You guys are lucky to be so close! I'm just happy we can finally go to a OI meetup, they always happen at times we aren't there.
Do you check in at IoA? Will we get something to show we belong at the party? I'm very excited for this, even though it will be a long day.

JoeCamel

We will already be at Uni Dec. 3-8, then check in at DW Dec. 8 eve. to 23rd (but may add on to the 26th). Sooo, to do this we will already be over at Disney and will Uber over to Uni on the 15th for the night. Unusual for us, we usually stay in our Uni bubble the 1st part of our trip and then the Disney bubble. But this was too good to pass up! Even my boys were conflicted about mixing the bubbles, but in the end "private party" won the day. For the first part at Uni, we're getting the annual pass (cheaper than 5 day tix).
Whenever we go in October we always go to HHN, but we've been going in Dec. the past few years. We love it! You guys are lucky to be so close! I'm just happy we can finally go to a OI meetup, they always happen at times we aren't there.
Do you check in at IoA? Will we get something to show we belong at the party? I'm very excited for this, even though it will be a long day.
You will get a light up wristband. There are two checkins and as it gets closer you will get instructed as to which one is yours and the location. There was one at IoA and one at the CW stage in June.

I am Timmy

So, sorry to start this up again (no I'm not, lol) but I just found out OI is having a TWO DAY meet up this DEC.! Anyone know anything? Are any of you going? We had the time of our lives last Dec., I'm seriously considering this!!

lebeau

So, sorry to start this up again (no I'm not, lol) but I just found out OI is having a TWO DAY meet up this DEC.! Anyone know anything? Are any of you going? We had the time of our lives last Dec., I'm seriously considering this!!

Have you joined the OI fan community on FB? If you haven't, I recommend doing so. There are near-constant updates on this sort of thing. They recently introduced OI memberships which grant special privileges if you're interested although I'm not convinced it's worth the money. They should be releasing the hotel discounts in the near future.

JohnD

Original Poster

Received the email today:
On Friday AND Saturday, December 13-14, 2019, Orlando Informer is taking over Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure.

With a limited number of tickets on sale, you'll be able to experience your favorite attractions over and over again. Almost every ride in both parks is included, like Jurassic Park River Adventure, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure™, and The Incredible Hulk Coaster® at Universal's Islands of Adventure, and TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D, Revenge of the Mummy, and MEN IN BLACK™ Alien Attack™ at Universal Studios Florida.

Learn more

I am Timmy

So, went to check it out. The cost for me and my 2 boys for both nights is ...... wait for it...... $976. Yeah. Oowwwww. I'm doing it anyway! Had way too much fun last year not to. Not sure how many more trips will be in Dec., so I really have to. We'll already be on the Disney leg of our trip again (same last year), so we'll just Uber again. Once I get over the sticker shock, I'm going to be so excited! Last year we spent $560 for the 3 of us for one night, but it went on for HOURS, and with all the special perks we found we would've been ok paying even more. So now we get to! Anyone else going?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom